Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Best and Worst Team Changes of All Time

Anybody who was watching or paying attention to the Gfinity Call of Duty Tournament this weekend, you would know big team changes occured.  4Time BlackOpsII Champions Impact and the veteran squad EnvyUs have both parted ways with a player from each team.  Both players leaving on their own terms whom are Karma and Stainville.  Karma has now joined forces with Envy.

This prompted make to think about the crazy team changes in the Halo scene.  I think, for me the worse one had to be the release of Pistola on Triggers Down.  The best team change, once again in my opinion was the formation of the 2011 Instinct.

So what do you guys think have been the biggest letdowns/surprises throughout the scene?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Best like you said the formation of 2011 Instinct.

Worst off the top of my head would be when t2 dropped Naded and ryanoob just after they placed 2nd to instinct at Columbus 2011 and then picked up neighbor and Elamite and placed like top 12. There's probably a worse one than that but can't think of one at the moment. That pistola one was pretty bad also like you said.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Best like you said the formation of 2011 Instinct.

Worst off the top of my head would be when t2 dropped Naded and ryanoob just after they placed 2nd to instinct at Columbus 2011 and then picked up neighbor and Elamite and placed like top 12. There's probably a worse one than that but can't think of one at the moment. That pistola one was pretty bad also like you said.

they placed 20th

How is FB dropping Walshy for Neighbor not the very first thing that comes to mind?

Good thread though. 08 instinct dropping snipedown was pretty bad too.

Best move is definitely Carbon dropping Strongside for Ghostayame.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is FB dropping Walshy for Neighbor not the very first thing that comes to mind?

Good thread though. 08 instinct dropping snipedown was pretty bad too.

Best move is definitely Carbon dropping Strongside for Ghostayame.

That worked out well for both teams and only added to the story-line of H2 MLG. One of the best and probably most difficult decisions was FB dropping their long-time teammate from H1-H2 2006 season Sayain for Strongside after losing 06' nationals in an upset to Carbon. Strongside went onto dominate the 2007 season/ nationals with FB and get some revenge on Carbon(not even dropping 1 game the entire tourney of course). 

T2 and Str8 picking up Elamite and Legit was another great move because they went on to be a top 3 team that year and of course solidified that group going into H3 in their win of 2008 nationals.

The worst I can think of is the Pistola drop by tD like the OP said, and FB picking up Totz. 

Some that come to mind

Worst:

Pistola being dropped from tD for Totz

T2 dropping Naded and Ryanoob to reform the 07-08 Str8

Snipedown getting dropped from Instinct

Elamite being dropped from Str8 Rippin

Best:

Formation of 2011 Instinct

Ambush picking up Pistola and dropping APG (went from amazing to godlike)

Ace/Elamite being dropped and replaced by Snakebite/Royal 2 to form 2012 SQ

Pistola replacing Totz on FB

StrongSide replacing Saiyan

Pistola best team changer NA.

• Upvote (+1) 3

FiS and Victory dropped Ola/2gre and picked up Ninja and Totz and placed better.....JK RELAX, I know they didn't drop them.  But still..they did improve from a 10th place finish, to winning their pool and taking 5th at the following event in Columbus.  Weird how that Dallas 2011 FB underperformed so badly.  None of those players I would consider bad at Reach at all either.

I'll just go with a 2010 change, even though it's already been said, SK being a manipulative shit and dropping Ola for Totz was quite bad.  When they played in Columbus FB only won 3-2 but after that, as many of you know, they won the last 3 including the national championship. 

Best: FB replacing Saiyan with Strongsidedanand Carbon replacing side with Ghost.

Worst: FB dropping Walshy.

That worked out well for both teams and only added to the story-line of H2 MLG. One of the best and probably most difficult decisions was FB dropping their long-time teammate from H1-H2 2006 season Sayain for Strongside after losing 06' nationals in an upset to Carbon. Strongside went onto dominate the 2007 season/ nationals with FB and get some revenge on Carbon(not even dropping 1 game the entire tourney of course). 

T2 and Str8 picking up Elamite and Legit was another great move because they went on to be a top 3 team that year and of course solidified that group going into H3 in their win of 2008 nationals.

The worst I can think of is the Pistola drop by tD like the OP said, and FB picking up Totz. 

??? Their placings went from 5th, 9th, 8th at the end of 2009 (without totz) to 3rd the first event in 2010 (with totz)

Thats a pretty great pickup to me (based off placings alone)...

Best (5):

• FB 07 picking up SS
  • FB 2010 picking up Pistola
  • Instinct 2011 picking up Og2 and Pistola
  • 2010 TD dropping SK for BestMan(went from 8th to 3rd)
  • 2006 Carbon drops SS for Ghost

Worst (5):

• Str8 2011 dropping Noob and Naded after 2nd place/ reforming 07/early08 str8
  • Str8/TD 2009 (post season) dropping Elamite and Heinz
  • TD 2010 drops Pistola
  • EVERY team decision T2 made after 2009 Nats (other than adding naded and noob for 2011 cbus). His average placing other than that 2nd place finish was 12th..
  • Carbon post 2009 off season. Their last 3 09 events were 2nd, 3rd, 3rd. They drop naded after nats (Wave retires) and pick up SS and Bman. They place 11th. They then drop SS for NADED and place 6th the next event -__-

Worst:

SK dropping Heinz.

SK dropping Pistola (for totz...my god)

Carbon dropping Naded after 08 nats

Instinct picking up Neighbor 2009

Pretty much any team picking up Neighbor in H3.

Best:

Picking up Pistola.

All FB team changes until 2008.

Str8 picking up Snipedown

• Downvote (-1) 1