Sign in to follow this  
Swiper

SSBM

SSBM is bringing in some huge numbers at EVO this year, do you think if halo decided to return to Halo 3 as the main game untill the relese of Halo 5, we would see some of the Community return and maybe get to the numbers we used have. Just a thought no hate please.

I think it may be a little to late to do that now.

We should of probably had Halo 3 as our main game at least one more year after 2010 instead of Reach though. 

Melee was released in 2001 or something like that and if it can bring a following like that im sure halo could bring a good numbers at least what H4 is bringing 

You guys don't know how the melee community is.

Halos is no where near like that and it's crumbled to what it used to be. Melee has been thriving lately and chooses to like good games

thats what im saying the melee decided the new Smash was bad so they keep the old one , and as a community if we chose to switch back i think we could attract a decent amout of people comeing back

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean we might as well do H1 if we want to do a better game to play.  It might not have online but if you have locals you'll be fine.

melee does this fine, KoF, etc.

You just need the locals.

Though this is just talking in dreamland, it's not happening

well Halo 3 had the largest following so that why im saying that and its playable on the current console 

I haven't been keeping up with EVO, what has the SSBM numbers been like? 

130k when i was there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol and Halo can barely peak at 6k at AGL. 

What were the numbers like for Halo 3 2009 MLG when it was at the height of it's popularity? 

FGC is really strong even at the local level. Just the nature of the game. 1v1s, easier to run tournaments. And they have a great subculture.

thats what im saying if pro players did it and someone held tournys it would be an easy switch and then i think we would be able to pull in even bigger numbers then H4 is gettin because people who love halo would come back

Difference is a significant portion of the Smash community never moved on from Melee when they saw that Brawl sucked. They kept playing it in locals and even bigger tournaments. Even when MLG picked up Brawl people never stopped playing Melee.

As soon as MLG moved on from Halo 3 that was it. Everybody moved on despite Reach being god awful. The Halo community has always been too dependent on MLG and now we're in a position where the only thing that can save us is the Halo developers... not a great position to be in.

yea but instead of being firm on the devs that fucked us we all keep playing there gam cause "its not as bad as when it came out" but honestly its still bad and unless we say hey we dont like your game and this is what we like the devs will make the next game more like H4 then it should be 

H3 couldn't even break 30k. It's not going to get any higher

i dont understand this when halo 3 was the main halo game even through 10' it never dropped below 240K players, and even if we only went back and saw no growth at least we be in th esame situation we are now but injoying the game we are playing