Sign in to follow this  
FarSight XR~20

Halo 1 inducted into World Video Game Hall of Fame.

Grown men in tears over cs, quake, and UT not making the list.

Halo is just a better game than all of those.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol at Bonnie Ross saying what an honor it is to have halo ce inducted. Woman, you were nowhere near the development of that game. It's guys like Hardy Lebel who deserve the honor. You know, the people who actually made the product.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol at Bonnie Ross saying what an honor it is to have halo ce inducted. Woman you were nowhere near the development of that game, it's guys like Hardy Lebel deserve the honor. You know, people who actually made the thing.

I think that woman should be fired from Microsoft. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lol at Bonnie Ross saying what an honor it is to have halo ce inducted. Woman, you were nowhere near the development of that game. It's guys like Hardy Lebel who deserve the honor. You know, the people who actually made the product.

It really bugs me when people make references to news then don't link to it...

https://twitter.com/PlutonForEver/status/860141927642972161

https://twitter.com/PlutonForEver/status/860142049533636608

Give 'er both barrels blazing, TB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Grown men in tears over cs, quake, and UT not making the list.

Halo is just a better game than all of those.

Think Microsoft/343 will get the hint for a good port now?

This proves it's a case of won't, not can't:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374567

"Let me add that Code Mystics (the development team) are absolute ninjas. This was a 2004 4:3 game. They cracked open and rewrote the renderer, fixed the culling (making the screen display 16x9 is only the first part of the issue), added LIVE support, enabled easy balance tuning, got cross-play working, re-enabled hundreds of custom shaders and VFX (DX8 to DX11 is not a fun conversion, I've learned), made UI changes, and got the framerate to a massively stable 30 FPS on any machine / platform, all while not being able to truly modify the game at its core. That is a feat. Likely you have to be in development to appreciate that, but it's not easy work."

So they've got a studio that can port original Xbox games accurately AND upgrade them, even without the full source code, but they'll likely keep using Gearbox's code for Halo 1, because we all know a fantasy card game is far more notable than the game that made the Xbox brand.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The problem with people like Bonnie Ross and everyone else tied to 343 is that they will never put out a product as good as Hardy Lebel did.  I'm sure they would love to release a version of Halo CE on the Scorpio for launch that plays like Halo NHE, but they don't have the skill set to pull it off.  They would scrap Halo 6 if they had the ability to make CE function properly.  No one gives a damn about a game like Halo 6 when the company making it never fixed MCC.  

Hardy Lebel is like Michael Jordan and 343 is like Cherokee Parks.  Big gap in talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1