Mint Blitz

NEW Halo 5 Button Combo - Dubshot/Quadshot

Some form of randomness needs to be introduced here to prevent exploitation by modded controllers and macros. GoW's active reloads are an example of this.

I suggest the following, which for fun I'll call Break-shooting, or Breaking for short: when aiming at the enemy, you then break your aim away out of red reticle. Then you hit reload after a very brief and specific amount of time since losing red reticle. Before the reload is enacted, the game allows you to fire again much more quickly, although not necessarily instantly. The breaking-away from red reticle would serve as the randomness factor. The difficulty of this button combo can be fine-tuned and adjusted linearly by 343, since its difficulty entirely relies on the timing window. If this sounds easy to pull off in your mind, then consider that the timing window can be tightened as much as you need to make this kind of play sufficiently rare.

I swear you all are posting all these videos of this glitch at the worst possible time. 343 is going to probably put the aiming fix on the back burner now because you couldn't just keep your mouths shut until our aiming was fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is gonna be just like the old days of the epic flame wars on the Bnet forums LOL. God I love it like 90 percent of the MLG community was banned by the end of it all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah once I saw the magnum shooting that quick walking around it looked like something that would need to get fixed.

man the legend lives? Bear still has the best halo 2 montage out there
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'll buy an xb1 and h5 if this stays.

Why? It's a shitty glitch that adds nothing to the game compared to the old double/quad shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

motherfucker

And then there's the stream of incoherent gibberish from Lor' Tarkam (whoever the hell that is). The Halo community sure has some interesting characters.

Though, to be honest, I think this glitch SHOULD be removed and people comparing it to the H2 combos are letting nostalgia cloud their judgement a bit too much. It's not the same thing and it doesn't add much at all to the game worth keeping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why? It's a shitty glitch that adds nothing to the game compared to the old double/quad shot. 

You should have stopped caring about "Halo" 5 a long time ago like every other self-respecting player with good taste that isn't a shill. Game's been a joke.

The fact that people are arguing for this to stay as-is is idiotic. You can use it endlessly. With the prevalence of macro and modded controllers and xims this would spiral into a messy train of endless bullshit. There is no control on this like there was with RRX and BXR (forced reload).

Ideally i would like to see 343 "fix" this in a similar way. Single use then a forced reload. Forced YY to control the pace.

• Upvote (+1) 7

And then there's the stream of incoherent gibberish from Lor' Tarkam (whoever the hell that is). The Halo community sure has some interesting characters.

Though, to be honest, I think this glitch SHOULD be removed and people comparing it to the H2 combos are letting nostalgia cloud their judgement a bit too much. It's not the same thing and it doesn't add much at all to the game worth keeping.

It's an Elite name, because I happen to think Elites are cool. "The Halo community sure has some interesting characters" Get off your high horse, lol. Sorry I'm not "normal" enough for you, pal. I simply happen to enjoy the lore side of Halo.

Also if you actually read what I said I made points against the glitch that add on to the point you made here - namely that it hurts the game at lower skill levels, would ruin social Halo, allows macro abuse from M&K and modded controllers, changes the established Halo formula of consistent TTKs

So...yeah. You're an idiot.

• Downvote (-1) 5

It's an Elite name, because I happen to think Elites are cool. "The Halo community sure has some interesting characters" Get off your high horse, lol. Sorry I'm not "normal" enough for you, pal. I simply happen to enjoy the lore side of Halo.

Also if you actually read what I said I made points against the glitch that add on to the point you made here - namely that it hurts the game at lower skill levels, would ruin social Halo, allows macro abuse from M&K and modded controllers, changes the established Halo formula of consistent TTKs

lol.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When people realize that you made your account "Today, 06:56 PM" just to respond to his post about your name. Lol

Oh, this just keeps getting better. https://twitter.com/lortarkam/status/865717384254017536

• Upvote (+1) 3

When people realize that you made your account "Today, 06:56 PM" just to respond to his post about your name. Lol

Oh, this just keeps getting better. https://twitter.com/lortarkam/status/865717384254017536

1. Yeah, because it was stupid and I felt was worth replying to, especially since he generalized several good points of mine (that supported his own argument here, no less) into "gibberish"

2. So he can talk shit about me on a forum and it's all well and good but fuck me for doing the same to him on Twitter? Nice double standard. Now I understand why everyone says the teambeyond forums are nothing but a cesspit.

• Downvote (-1) 4

The fact that people are arguing for this to stay as-is is idiotic. You can use it endlessly. With the prevalence of macro and modded controllers and xims this would spiral into a messy train of endless bullshit. There is no control on this like there was with RRX and BXR (forced reload).

Ideally i would like to see 343 "fix" this in a similar way. Single use then a forced reload. Forced YY to control the pace.

Good idea, modded controllers weren't common back in the early XBL era like they are today either, I can could count the times on both hands the amount of times I think I ran into a modded controller on XBL. Adding a perfect dub-shot to the end of a BR battle at a strafing enemy under pressure takes skill there is no doubt about it. It also has the risk reward of failing the rrx and losing the battle because of it it was more like a "high-light play"(unless you were like QsK King lol) BxR is another discussion, but most notably Ogre 2 and others didn't utilize button combos often and were still top players so it always remained a high risk-high reward play in high-level play because the risk of failed execution(yying too early, couldn't Bxr without a full clip until later on when someone discovered how) and most likely the loss of the battle. I even liked BxR because H2's melee hit detection was shit and easy anyways and it just accentuated the flawed but fun nature of the game its hard to explain.

(Rant incoming...but I feel strongly that glitches if not game-breaking and if allowed to be embraced should be allowed to exist in more FPS nowadays)

Most of the FPS that were loved from the old days would be called glitchy, inaccessible,and unconventional(try to teach kids how to strafe-jump these days they will look at u like your crazy) by devs and gamers alike nowadays but the quirks and almost cult-like followings of those games made them legendary and still worshipped by those who played them and know their intricacies. Physic glitches, animation glitches, and the like have a long and storied history of shaping and adding depth to some of the best and most unique competitive FPS of all time.

To look at a glitch automatically as a defect is the coddled modern way of thinking(and because devs patch their games regularly) and I would say a significant reason why there really hasn't been that many great memorable comp FPS in recent years. When a game is allowed to be shaped by the community and those sharp edges and glitches are allowed to be smoothed into natural extensions of the game and become part of the meta you get this healthy natural evolving ecosystem where the game is feeding off the communities growth and vise versa.

Nowadays, that rarely if ever happens especially in AAA gaming because everything is controlled by big publishers/big devs who cant allow their product to be labeled buggy or unconventional for fear of alienating the mass casual audience. Thus we have alot of big FPS with no personality or flair, indiscernible from one or the other if u a blind fold on me and asked me to guess what im playing. No evolution or natural ecosystem is allowed to exist like the great FPS communities of old. Its all about the money, and not about the game and the gamers. Like when you play high-level HCE/H2, there is no other game like it same for the Quakes and UT's. I play an AAA FPS these days, and I feel like im driving a Toyota Prius sometimes instead of the old classic Cadillac with character that some of my fav FPS feel to me still. Which is why I am having so much fun in the Lawbreakers closed beta, the game simply doesn't give a fuck about convention or fitting a mold. In fact, It encourages you to break that mold and then grapple-hook across the map and mid-air rocket a fool as you fly around in the no-grav zones. Way better than I expected it would be, needs some work but its a fun game.

On topic, these will probably be patched out ASAP if possible but I would still like to see them used in high-level play between top teams just to see if they really are going to be abused and if they could add much needed dynamics and individual skill to the game. What else does H5 have to lose honestly?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree with this. 

Anyone comparing this to halo 2 needs their head checked. Both glitches aren't by design but for halo 2 it completely by chance fit perfectly for the meta after the combat patch (hitbox fix and melee system revamp) in 2005. The above mentioned ghost reload introduces a natural risk reward for doubleshotting and the other combat glitches likewise have their pros, cons and situational benefits. As i've always said, one glitch doesn't make the halo 2 meta what it was, it was a combination of bxb, bxr etc. - You use a glitch to counter a glitch, whether it be crouch bxbing a rushing bxr guy or wallglitching a guy trying to hit a double shot. 

This bullshit in halo 5 has no real draw backs and no real way to punish a failed input (unlike a dubshot which sends you into an actual reload and gets you killed virtually every time). People are calling this highly situational but i don't think it's as situational as people believe and the more people become used to basic muscle memory inputs in a game that doesn't really have any to begin with, the more abused it will become. I think even being overly optimistic there's no way this doesn't bust the game because it's just ridiculously unbalanced. Why bother with positioning when you can turn, jump and basically auto-kill anyone seeking to punish you for being out of position? I don't even want to get into the fact that you can do it with a sniper lol. I don't know much about halo 5 but i know enough to know anyone who thinks this makes the game better on it's own is nutty. Basically throws everything out the window and if it stays you'd be better off putting all 8 players across from each other on a flat plane with no features and just see who can do this better civil war style. 

• Upvote (+1) 7