Mint Blitz

NEW Halo 5 Button Combo - Dubshot/Quadshot

Sorry halo has to play exactly as the devs intended, no fun or unintended gameplay allowed

Pretty sad to see that their broken game has a larger skill gap than their general direction of the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

In my point of view, developers shouldn't break their own game to have button glitches to enhance the skill gap, that's just silly. I remember people before the launch of halo 4 and halo 5 asking 343 to PURPOSEFULLY break their game so they can have button glitches

However, if a button glitch is discovered and it doesn't break the sandbox of halo, and it has good tradeoffs and it requires a good amount of practice to execute, the developers shouldn't patch it.

Once you release a game, its not your game anymore, its the community's. As long as we abide by the original rules, there is no reason why this should be patched.

• Downvote (-1) 5

In my point of view, developers shouldn't break their own game to have button glitches to enhance the skill gap, that's just silly. I remember people before the launch of halo 4 and halo 5 asking 343 to PURPOSEFULLY break their game so they can have button glitches

However, if a button glitch is discovered and it doesn't break the sandbox of halo, and it has good tradeoffs and it requires a good amount of practice to execute, the developers shouldn't patch it.

Once you release a game, its not your game anymore, its the community's. As long as we abide by the original rules, there is no reason why this should be patched.

Imagine if fighting game developers had followed this mindset. All of the awesome combos you see in those games came originally from very similar animation canceling glitches.

It's not breaking the game if they are put there intentionally and balanced around.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Imagine if fighting game developers had followed this mindset. All of the awesome combos you see in those games came originally from very similar animation canceling glitches.

It's not breaking the game if they are put there intentionally and balanced around.

I'm pretty sure bunny hopping,strafe jumping,and plasma climbing from quake were glitches as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

In my opinion, developers should release scripts for the multiplayer component so the community can identify and exploit these glitches and execute them skillfully. Rather than having community member just randomly take a stab at it.

It's all fun and games until you get double rocketed. Tbh the combo isn't really precise or hard to do at all. I don't really care for it.

Also burning power weapon ammo is now so EZ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's purposefully designed in to the game then it's not a glitch.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

yeah i want this to stay.

halo 5 is already dead lets see how it evolves

Then we need to say something because I believe tashi said he'd already sent out emails concerning it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If it's purposefully designed in to the game then it's not a glitch.

Fair enough then.

I see how you lot are viewing this.

Instead of a button glitch you are viewing it as a button combo

Like fighting games such as mortal kombat or street fighter which require precise frame timing and strategy to pull off consistently to execute the combo to its full potential.

It makes more sense now, it would be cool to see such things in a first person shooter