-Coliseum CTF, Assault

-Eden Strongholds, Crazy King, Oddball

-Empire Strongholds, Crazy King

-Plaza Slayer, Oddball, Crazy King, Strongholds

-Rig Oddball, Crazy King

-Fathom CTF, Assault

-Downrush Slayer (2v2)
-Decidia Slayer (2v2)

We are wanting to use original and remake Forge maps for our settings. Drop on by if you've found a map you'd like to try with Evolved, and we can test it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm interested in trying these if any players are doing so in EU region preferably add me please.

GT sh00t

if you get a big enough group will you guys also post any eventual gamenights for evolved on the evolved kids xbox club?

We haven't really been using the Xbox Club system. Discord is where we do most of our announcements and games, for convenience mostly. I can't say if the Club will be used for something like that, but I can give it a whirl at some point.

Hey all

Thanks for stopping by. I'm happy to know that we at least helped in some aspect with the movement for the decided gametypes. If there is ever a chance for a proper Evolved playlist, I will gladly take it. As for the current one, I'd love to get invites to check them out. Thanks again!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey all,

Felt the need to comment in both Evolved threads, so feel free to reply back in either as well. First of all, it's great to finally touch base with everyone here! I've heard about these settings and the community a few months back, but I never ended up playtesting with them unfortunately. I'm hoping that we can get some Evolved games in though here soon, as I'm now currently caught up with this thread, the SMARTAN427 YouTube interview, and the new thread. :)

Having said that, I definitely want to let everyone know that there's been a bit of a miscommunication in relation to our plans and everyone here. I'm in the process of fleshing out a proper Halo 3 classic playlist. What was originally envisioned as a hybrid classic playlist has now been focused into a Halo 3-themed experience with 1:1 Forge remakes. Consequently, we're aiming to sculpt a classic set of maps and modes that appropriately reflect some of the favorite combinations that were seen across the Matchmaking landscape in Halo 3. Nevertheless, @@NOKYARD was instructed to scour the internet for possible map candidates... which eventually led him to this section of the "classic playlist" dialogue. While I wholeheartedly respect, appreciate, and flat-out admire the work, testing, and iteration that was done on these Evolved settings, this was not the intended experience that we sought out to create this time around.

However, we do aim to take the findings and the understandings from your extensive testing to further our current plans. For example, I'm a huge fan of the Jump Height and Jump Gravity settings that you all landed on. Those changes, along with a few others, will greatly impact our choices and playtesting for this classic playlist - so thank you for testing the various ideas and suggestions from the community (as it makes our jobs a little bit easier Beyond%20Wink.png).

Regarding the ongoing question of "will we ever see an Evolved playlist?"... that will really be up to the community. When it comes to playlist additions, we have to take all things into consideration, especially in terms of population numbers. Thankfully though, we do have the luxury of social rotational playlists now, so don't lose hope just yet! We're always keeping our ear to the ground, so stay passionate and stay focused. In the meantime, I'm hoping that we can all team up to create the best playlist possible for our proposed plans. I'll be stopping in here periodically, so feel free to chime in, ask questions, etc; I'll answer everything to the best of my ability.

It's great knowing that there's a very eager group of players trying to recreate some of the old nuances of classic Halo gameplay... so please feel free to lend a hand if you can!

-Ghost

Yo thanks for the response man! That's dope that you cleared that up. And maybe one day we can get a lobby with you. Just be prepared to get slapped
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Hey all,

Felt the need to comment in both Evolved threads, so feel free to reply back in either as well. First of all, it's great to finally touch base with everyone here! I've heard about these settings and the community a few months back, but I never ended up playtesting with them unfortunately. I'm hoping that we can get some Evolved games in though here soon, as I'm now currently caught up with this thread, the SMARTAN427 YouTube interview, and the new thread. :)

Having said that, I definitely want to let everyone know that there's been a bit of a miscommunication in relation to our plans and everyone here. I'm in the process of fleshing out a proper Halo 3 classic playlist. What was originally envisioned as a hybrid classic playlist has now been focused into a Halo 3-themed experience with 1:1 Forge remakes. Consequently, we're aiming to sculpt a classic set of maps and modes that appropriately reflect some of the favorite combinations that were seen across the Matchmaking landscape in Halo 3. Nevertheless, @@NOKYARD was instructed to scour the internet for possible map candidates... which eventually led him to this section of the "classic playlist" dialogue. While I wholeheartedly respect, appreciate, and flat-out admire the work, testing, and iteration that was done on these Evolved settings, this was not the intended experience that we sought out to create this time around.

However, we do aim to take the findings and the understandings from your extensive testing to further our current plans. For example, I'm a huge fan of the Jump Height and Jump Gravity settings that you all landed on. Those changes, along with a few others, will greatly impact our choices and playtesting for this classic playlist - so thank you for testing the various ideas and suggestions from the community (as it makes our jobs a little bit easier Beyond%20Wink.png).

Regarding the ongoing question of "will we ever see an Evolved playlist?"... that will really be up to the community. When it comes to playlist additions, we have to take all things into consideration, especially in terms of population numbers. Thankfully though, we do have the luxury of social rotational playlists now, so don't lose hope just yet! We're always keeping our ear to the ground, so stay passionate and stay focused. In the meantime, I'm hoping that we can all team up to create the best playlist possible for our proposed plans. I'll be stopping in here periodically, so feel free to chime in, ask questions, etc; I'll answer everything to the best of my ability.

It's great knowing that there's a very eager group of players trying to recreate some of the old nuances of classic Halo gameplay... so please feel free to lend a hand if you can!

-Ghost

Great news man. If at all possible please don't have BR or H2BR starts for the playlist. The BRs in H5 are way too easy to use. That is unless there were to be a projectile BR in the update  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Soul Flame. You can try out Tourist Trap if you guys want. Slayer, Oddball, Roaming King (king of the hill, where the hill physically moves).

With Roaming King you guys could throw the Evolved settings onto my gametype in my files if you want.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does this playlist mean, we are getting a playlist with no spartan abbilities, or with them.

You didn't make that clear

Hey all,

Felt the need to comment in both Evolved threads, so feel free to reply back in either as well. First of all, it's great to finally touch base with everyone here! I've heard about these settings and the community a few months back, but I never ended up playtesting with them unfortunately. I'm hoping that we can get some Evolved games in though here soon, as I'm now currently caught up with this thread, the SMARTAN427 YouTube interview, and the new thread. :)

Having said that, I definitely want to let everyone know that there's been a bit of a miscommunication in relation to our plans and everyone here. I'm in the process of fleshing out a proper Halo 3 classic playlist. What was originally envisioned as a hybrid classic playlist has now been focused into a Halo 3-themed experience with 1:1 Forge remakes. Consequently, we're aiming to sculpt a classic set of maps and modes that appropriately reflect some of the favorite combinations that were seen across the Matchmaking landscape in Halo 3. Nevertheless, @@NOKYARD was instructed to scour the internet for possible map candidates... which eventually led him to this section of the "classic playlist" dialogue. While I wholeheartedly respect, appreciate, and flat-out admire the work, testing, and iteration that was done on these Evolved settings, this was not the intended experience that we sought out to create this time around.

However, we do aim to take the findings and the understandings from your extensive testing to further our current plans. For example, I'm a huge fan of the Jump Height and Jump Gravity settings that you all landed on. Those changes, along with a few others, will greatly impact our choices and playtesting for this classic playlist - so thank you for testing the various ideas and suggestions from the community (as it makes our jobs a little bit easier Beyond%20Wink.png).

Regarding the ongoing question of "will we ever see an Evolved playlist?"... that will really be up to the community. When it comes to playlist additions, we have to take all things into consideration, especially in terms of population numbers. Thankfully though, we do have the luxury of social rotational playlists now, so don't lose hope just yet! We're always keeping our ear to the ground, so stay passionate and stay focused. In the meantime, I'm hoping that we can all team up to create the best playlist possible for our proposed plans. I'll be stopping in here periodically, so feel free to chime in, ask questions, etc; I'll answer everything to the best of my ability.

-Ghost

Soul Flame. You can try out Tourist Trap if you guys want. Slayer, Oddball, Roaming King (king of the hill, where the hill physically moves).

With Roaming King you guys could throw the Evolved settings onto my gametype in my files if you want.

Thanks, Martian! I'll be sure to do that.

Hey all,

-Ghost

What about tuning the horrible weapons to fit the maps and playstyle?

Hey everyone, it's me, Nick. As someone who has been playing Evolved for awhile I've been wanting to really play it competitively. Several other members feel the same and I would like to offer up an Evolved League. It won't start anytime soon, unless we magically form about 6 teams that can play regularly. None of the details have been discussed, but I would like to see if there is any interest before I even think of any of the finer details.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Moderately sized update this time. I'll start with the Sandbox.

Boltshots are no longer a part of the Evolved Sandbox. Its power and ease of use were proven several times during our play to be just over the "Over Powered" line. Shotguns are also out, but instead are replaced with Scattershots on the Weapon Pad. Five shells every two minutes is a good balance with a CQC weapon like our Forerunner friend.

Now for maps. We have removed Synthesis for 2v2. But...

We now have Imminent for Evolved! XNiKRQH.png

Along with that, an original creation from myself, called Gridwalk. 0Hvlxc3.png

These are set up for 2v2. Enjoy!

• Upvote (+1) 2

You should use 's logo. It was really clean.

Also, the Bolt Shots were OP? Really? I remember Bolt Shots still having the tracking and whatever but they were still pretty butt overall.

Moderately sized update this time. I'll start with the Sandbox.

Boltshots are no longer a part of the Evolved Sandbox. Its power and ease of use were proven several times during our play to be just over the "Over Powered" line. Shotguns are also out, but instead are replaced with Scattershots on the Weapon Pad. Five shells every two minutes is a good balance with a CQC weapon like our Forerunner friend.

Now for maps. We have removed Synthesis for 2v2. But...

We now have Imminent for Evolved! XNiKRQH.png

Along with that, an original creation from myself, called Gridwalk. 0Hvlxc3.png

These are set up for 2v2. Enjoy!

What was the ttk for the boltshot compared to the magnum with the new settings?

You should use 's logo. It was really clean.

Also, the Bolt Shots were OP? Really? I remember Bolt Shots still having the tracking and whatever but they were still pretty butt overall.

This new logo implies that we're going to expand the Evolved Settings into the next Halo.

To answer the Boltshot query, it's tracking is far more prevalent when Thrust is no longer a factor. It has a 1.2 KT compared to the Magnum's 0.9, but its bigger room for error compared to the latter was ultimately making it too effective of a pick-up. Sentinel Beams and Gunfighters have a much more skillful approach to their combat; we're keeping them indefinitely. 

This new logo implies that we're going to expand the Evolved Settings into the next Halo.

To answer the Boltshot query, it's tracking is far more prevalent when Thrust is no longer a factor. It has a 1.2 KT compared to the Magnum's 0.9, but its bigger room for error compared to the latter was ultimately making it too effective of a pick-up. Sentinel Beams and Gunfighters have a much more skillful approach to their combat; we're keeping them indefinitely. 

Well it was more than just the logo, you can at least get rid of the H5 part, however (and this is not to be overly-critical because it's not that big of a deal) the EVOLVED text was a lot slicker and the shading in the actual ring of the Halo had a bit more depth to it. But that's neither here nor there.

As far as the bolt shot, yes, there's more room for error in the instance where you're working inside of RRR and only at mid-range. That same tracking ability loses a shit ton of it's tracking at close range, meaning if you get caught coming around the corner at the same time as someone with say, a magnum, you're seriously at a disadvantage due to the strafe speed. 

Not only that, but let's not even mention long range. Compared to the pistol which is effective at every range, Bolt Shot has a cut off point and a pretty significant one at that. Me personally, I never used the gun anyway so I don't have any attachment to it whatsoever, but I think the "just over the 'Over Powered' line" is mildly incorrect. That gun doesn't give anyone a significant advantage whatsoever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well it was more than just the logo, you can at least get rid of the H5 part, however (and this is not to be overly-critical because it's not that big of a deal) the EVOLVED text was a lot slicker and the shading in the actual ring of the Halo had a bit more depth to it. But that's neither here nor there.

As far as the bolt shot, yes, there's more room for error in the instance where you're working inside of RRR and only at mid-range. That same tracking ability loses a shit ton of it's tracking at close range, meaning if you get caught coming around the corner at the same time as someone with say, a magnum, you're seriously at a disadvantage due to the strafe speed.

Not only that, but let's not even mention long range. Compared to the pistol which is effective at every range, Bolt Shot has a cut off point and a pretty significant one at that. Me personally, I never used the gun anyway so I don't have any attachment to it whatsoever, but I think the "just over the 'Over Powered' line" is mildly incorrect. That gun doesn't give anyone a significant advantage whatsoever.

This and the the .3 gap in ttks means if you miss a shot you still have a chance to kill them before they kill you because unless I'm wrong the delay between shots for the magnum is .24

Does this playlist mean, we are getting a playlist with no spartan abbilities, or with them.

You didn't make that clear

No spartan abilities, is the plan.

• Upvote (+1) 1