Sign in to follow this  
TBCT

Dan Ayoub (MCC & HW2) has left 343 Industries

I want to hate Dan Ayoub, but it's hard to hate someone who literally didn't do anything. 

At all. 

That's giving him way too much credit. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude should have been fired the day MCC launched. Can't believe they let an even worse pathological liar than Frankie stay at the company for this long, total PR disaster.

He's leaving the ship that he caused to sink like a coward.  I wonder what company he'll fuck up next.  

Guy is a joke and a failure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Whenever someone asks me went wrong with Halo, this will be my new go to quote imo. Oh yea, and I didn't think I could dislike Frank O' Connor more than he was community manager at Bungie during H2("BXR is cheating, ranks(in H2) mean nothing, super-bouncing is cheating, BR/pistol are OP, hardly anyone played in clans/clan matches in H2 they are not an integral part of Halo MM/a H2 remake,ect(a straight up lie btw'') but his continued passive aggressiveness/snark towards competitive Halo and the competitive community in general along with his over-inflated ego and hubris(of his own making) has made me dislike him even more.

Honestly think about it..Is it really a surprise under his leadership and the people he helped hand-pick to run the studio 343 produced H2A and HCE Anniversary MP as the boring, generic,lifeless, static, no personality, overly-balanced, and casual squeaky clean Halo he has always voiced approval for and wanted all along? I can just imagine Frank O' Connor waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night every time a new "glitch" or button combo is discovered in Halo 5. Is it really a surprise Halo has become the Sci-fi CoD under his leadership when he clearly favors the "majority" opinion as the right opinion almost all the time and clearly favors a more casual style of Halo that appeals to the lowest common denominator? I guess the majority didn't want split-screen either so it had to go! Just like with his "11 percent" comment on the people who supposedly dont like sprint in Halo like honestly what studio lead even talks like that to the community who supports their game or even has the time to do so? Didn't ever hear a fkn peep out of the studio leads at Bungie, certain stuff like that you keep to yourself but again with his ego he cant help himself.Well guess what Franklez? The only "11 percent" that should be relevant to Halo now-adays is the 11 percent of people playing Halo MP compared to the prime H2+H3 days IMO.

Is it really a surprise under his uninspired lead that Halo MP now has micro-transactions and has turned toward a Pay-for-play model something previous Bungie halo devs have openly disagreed with? Then ask yourself it is really a surprise a lifeless, vision-less, generic Halo has produced a life-less,passionless, divided, slowly dying fan-base? Not exactly Jason Jones/Joe Staten or a John Romero running the show is it? No, they had real passion, creative, and talent for the game they were developing. At least Bungie had strong leadership with real talent, not sure who on 343 has emerged as strong leaders of that studio everyone seems sick of the shit show and is leaving. I know I have until further notice, I cant morally support 343 as a company nor on a personal level.

You're one of the first people to bring that up in a long time.  Back in the day Bungie absolutely hated hardcore/competitive players!  If they had the ability to remove every glitch and button combo in that game through an update or patch I guarantee they would have.  Anyone else remember how bad their staff would get stomped whenever they had their Humpday Challenges?  This casual vs competitive mindset has been going on since 2005 boys.  343i is just the new face of that profitability, everyone wins, side...

You're one of the first people to bring that up in a long time. Back in the day Bungie absolutely hated hardcore/competitive players! If they had the ability to remove every glitch and button combo in that game through an update or patch I guarantee they would have. Anyone else remember how bad their staff would get stomped whenever they had their Humpday Challenges? This casual vs competitive mindset has been going on since 2005 boys. 343i is just the new face of that profitability, everyone wins, side...

I think bungie was outright hostile compared to 343.Only reason bungie was better is because they let mlg direct things.

I think bungie was outright hostile compared to 343.Only reason bungie was better is because they let mlg direct things.

And that their games actually worked. 343 seems to have more of an idea what makes Halo work (very debatable I know), but Bungie's games were amazing quality-wise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343's vision of Halo: 1) at least one thing major is always broken at launch, maybe never to be fixed or that takes forever to fix, 2) there's always an unbalanced noob weapon; 3) there's always at least one very irritating mechanic; 4) there are always pointless changes just for the sake of change; 5) communication is always crap; 6) there are always lies and broken promises.

• Upvote (+1) 4