Sign in to follow this  
FightingChances

Ready or Not - Indie Tactical Shooter

The devs have been somewhat active on Reddit (supposedly /u/Gruntr), have a Twitter (@ReadyOrNotGame) and Facebook page, and posted briefly, with proof, on different anonymous imageboards. They also have their own website here with very brief clips of gameplay.

This game honestly looks like a spiritual successor to the SWAT series and the earlier Rainbow Six games, but with a much darker tone.

Teaser Here

The devs have been somewhat active on Reddit (supposedly /u/Gruntr), have a Twitter (@ReadyOrNotGame) and Facebook page, and posted briefly, with proof, on different anonymous imageboards. They also have their own website here with very brief clips of gameplay.

This game honestly looks like a spiritual successor to the SWAT series and the earlier Rainbow Six games, but with a much darker tone.

Teaser Here

Considering it has a dev team of 3,the polish I'm seeing is giving me "too good to be true" vibes.

I hope it's good but also get the too good to be true vibes. I posted an indie game here a few years ago called takedown red sabre. It was a spiritual successor to the old rainbow games made by a team who worked on the old rainbow games. On paper they did a good job of recreating the concept of the original games but released one of the weakest unpolished fps games that I have ever played. The game was dead on arrival and the devs abandoned it immediately.

Nexuiz, a game that was pulled off the market place for bugs and issues was 10x more playable and polished than takedown. Takedown has some of the worst AI ever made. If this team can actually nail the AI then I'm sure it will be fun enough to look past some other issues.

Considering it has a dev team of 3,the polish I'm seeing is giving me "too good to be true" vibes.

I remember reading they just built small scenes for the trailer, but put a lot more work into the gameplay than content. It has me skeptical too, but I'm gonna be optimistic about it. When they show gameplay or let us play a small demo, maybe I'll feel better about it.

They should honestly just remake Rainbow Six 3(with expansions Athena Sword and Iron Wrath) and call it a day. Too many "modern" FPS mechanics will probably ruin it for me. I used to play in a RS 3 clan called "BulletZ" back in the day(not sure if there is records of this like there used to be user-name was Ze Hitman back then), honestly the most intense team-based FPS I have played to this day that game was one of the best ever like white-knuckled heart-beating out you're chest type shit.

Everyone was playing this ghetto HL mod called CS 1.5/1.6 at the time, and me and my RS3 clan were like "WTF is Counter-strike? More like Counter-shit!" RS3 was/is better!(and still is for the record) Its funny how Valve/CS fan-boys try to re-write history like everyone was floored by CS 1.6 and Valve was always the savior of PC gaming. LOL nonono... It makes me sick when I hear people say "CS is the best tactical FPS game of all time" LOL what a contradiction! In fact, one can argue CS was the dumbed down, greatly simplified, and more action-oriented version of early hardcore tactical FPS like RS and is in part responsible for killing the genre.

No...it was more like "oh hey look, look at all those kids with budget PC's playing that mediocre HL mod on the same 4 maps over and over.... they must not know any better it must be their first MP FPS." lol true story ask anyone who lived it! I like CS and have followed the scene for years on/off...but the hyperbole and entitled aura that surrounds their deeply insulated community always bothered me. Anyways... its crazy how time flies and I will probably never be in a serious FPS clan again,I still play PC games with one of the guys from that clan though but hes married with kids now so not very often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To add to the idea of a RS3 remake: I understand that Ubisoft is going to go where the money is but even a medium scale Rainbow Six reboot would be a godsend. Though Raven Shield refined many aspects of the series, there is so much that can be improved through modern design sensibilities and hardware. Can you imagine being able to share your plans with friends online? Being able to play the game co-op without getting rid of the planning stage? Having more freedom to direct squads during a mission? Top clan matches streamed to thousands of viewers, an in-game spectator mode where you could switch povs and watch the strats unfolding in front of your eyes? Customizable clan skins for weapons and emblems?

The potential is endless for a game with the depth and clan infrastructure a proper RS game would naturally benefit from. There is so much potential for this series that will sadly never be realized, because people just don’t care about a good tactical shooter anymore and new Ubisoft is garbage compared to old Ubisoft. I dont want to play the CoD version of a tactical shooter though I want an old-school tactical FPS experience. I miss RS CAR-15 gun-fights with three-round burst turned on and side-strafing cant have that with ironsights and sprint imo. Not only was RS one of the deepest FPS games ever, but it was one of the most fluid and skillful gun-battle wise and movement wise.(for a realistic FPS that is) Modern tactical FPS like the new RS:Siege dont have the same elements that made RS3 arguably the greatest tactical FPS of all time. God, I would play a RS3 remake with new features in a heart-beat, whens the last time a real clan FPS has been made? The nostalgia alone would get people to pay, I think more people would play a proper RS3 remake than the new micro-transaction BS RS.