Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

"Proven Fix for Heavy Aim Incoming" -Josh Menke

It feels so significantly different that I'm actually pretty pissed off about it. If this is what it was always meant to feel like then I've been playing a completely different game this whole time. I honestly can't believe how fucked the aiming was and that it was like that for nearly 2 years. I've genuinely lost all desire to play anything 343 create again. I'm quite shocked.

I hope it feels like PC now.  PC version felt glorious.  There was just no good lobbies to play.  I could actually get back into customs if this really does make if feel like the PC version. 

It feels so significantly different that I'm actually pretty pissed off about it. If this is what it was always meant to feel like then I've been playing a completely different game this whole time. I honestly can't believe how fucked the aiming was and that it was like that for nearly 2 years. I've genuinely lost all desire to play anything 343 create again. I'm quite shocked.

and now think about the pros who had to deal with this shit for a living lol.

Where the hell are the patch notes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

ATM I don't think there is any. Only the disscusion thread on Waypoint.

ATM I don't think there is any. Only the disscusion thread on Waypoint.

lol.  I want patch notes damnit! what the fuck was wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really thought this forum would be a madhouse when the patch released, good or bad. Let's go people! What do you think so far?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really thought this forum would be a madhouse when the patch released, good or bad. Let's go people! What do you think so far?

Definitely good, feels like the beta to me. My reticle does what I expect.

And we know we can't go to Waypoint to get any impressions... they're too busy ooo'ing and ahh'ing over alphabetized cosmetics...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Definitely good, feels like the beta to me. My reticle does what I expect.

It's still no where near as good as the beta. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't have weirdly slow games that make me want to kill myself. The aim feels as light and snappy as it gets with Halo 5 and what I expect to happen does happen. Essentially it works. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

QrRK8M1.jpg

"People keep complaining about"

Hey fuck you buddy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"People keep complaining about"

Hey fuck you buddy.

He's not your buddy, guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Before the heavy aiming patch, the aim could be snappy and work, or it would be slow and heavy. The heaviness felt like the input would vary during mid battle.The aim no longer has fluctuations. It is perfectly consistent. That in itself is a great improvement. However, the speed of the sensitivities are now unbearably slow... I just finished playing on the new patch for 12 hours straight. Not a single game felt quick and snappy. Just consistently slow. Not heavy. Just slow. Before when the game worked it felt too fast. But it was easy to hits shots. The acceleration curve felt right. Like it was the first day or two on the first heavy aim fix.  Now the acceleration curve feels entirely different than the periods at which it worked. 4 sens feels like 2. 0 outer feels like -2. The inconsistent "input sampling" was definitely fixed. But something else was affected in the process.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's still no where near as good as the beta.

You and Lemon are the only people whose opinion I trust in the first 48 hours after an aim patch. (no offense to anyone) Too much placebo nonsense going on, I fell for it myself when they "fixed" H5F's mouse aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Before the heavy aiming patch, the aim could be snappy and work, or it would be slow and heavy. The heaviness felt like the input would vary during mid battle.The aim no longer has fluctuations. It is perfectly consistent. That in itself is a great improvement. However, the speed of the sensitivities are now unbearably slow... I just finished playing on the new patch for 12 hours straight. Not a single game felt quick and snappy. Just consistently slow. Not heavy. Just slow. Before when the game worked it felt too fast. But it was easy to hits shots. The acceleration curve felt right. Like it was the first day or two on the first heavy aim fix.  Now the acceleration curve feels entirely different than the periods at which it worked. 4 sens feels like 2. 0 outer feels like -2. The inconsistent "input sampling" was definitely fixed. But something else was affected in the process.

To me, the aiming seems consistently responsive now but it feels like the acceleration levels were adjusted or changed because of this.  It is almost like what used to be 1 accel is what 3 feels like post-patch.  Hard to explain.  I think this is definitely an improvement overall but game-to-game something still feels off with aiming.

You and Lemon are the only people whose opinion I trust in the first 48 hours after an aim patch. (no offense to anyone) Too much placebo nonsense going on, I fell for it myself when they "fixed" H5F's mouse aiming.

Yea, anybody that claims it's "fixed" needs to just play CE or H2 for an hour then go back to H5. It might be more consistent now but something is still very off.

If you only play Halo 5 and can get used to it I'm glad for you but for someone who has always had a twitch style aim, H5 makes that impossible still. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

To me, the aiming seems consistently responsive now but it feels like the acceleration levels were adjusted or changed because of this.  It is almost like what used to be 1 accel is what 3 feels like post-patch.  Hard to explain.  I think this is definitely an improvement overall but game-to-game something still feels off with aiming.

This is exactly how I was interpreting the feeling. The acceleration curves were changed and made slower. Or, specifically, a part of the acceleration curve was changed. like the mid or later part of the curve

Before this was released, I was joking that the "bug" was actually the rare times when the aiming feels good and the fix would make it "heavy aim" all the time, as intended. Looks like I wasn't far off. lmao. What a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me the problem pre patch wasn't the times the reticle got sluggish, it was the times when it just went haywire when I barely moved the sticks. Now it's just consistent, which is all I needed. Every Halo has had different aiming so people talking about it still doesn't feel like Halo 2 or CE should realize that neither do any other Halo in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 3