Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

"Proven Fix for Heavy Aim Incoming" -Josh Menke

Hey Guys,

Just curious as to whether or not anyone hear could clarify something for me.

So i got on halo 5 after about a year or so on the weekend, and noticed wild differences in aiming between the pistol and the rifles.

(hell even the rifles felt different from each other)

Am I just headcasing?

Or was this deliberately designed into the game.

Has this even been proven?

We were just discussing this lol I think they have different aimingbut would need proof

Hey Guys,

So i got on halo 5 after about a year or so on the weekend, and noticed wild differences in aiming between the pistol and the rifles. 

Am I just headcasing?

I notice the same thing.

The DMR and Sniper have always felt heavier to me.

I notice the same thing.

The DMR and Sniper have always felt heavier to me.

Well duh.  Those riffles are bigger and therefore heavier.   I M M E R S I O N

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well duh.  Those riffles are bigger and therefore heavier.   I M M E R S I O N

Someone tell 343 they're not making a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game.

Hey Guys,

Am I just headcasing?

We were just discussing this lol I think they have different aimingbut would need proof

Remember these ??

If the geometry of the environment effects it, It's possible (likely) that the different geometry of the guns on screen affects the aim too....

• Upvote (+1) 3

iAimAccell = iLineOfSightDepth % iCurrentFrameRate;

They are probably doing some wonky ass line of code like the above. 

Would explain why pressing start, which could possibly temporarily zero out the line of sight depth, makes it feel better.

Or better yet, pressing start probably stabilizes the current framerate which in turn makes the aim accell feel better/more consistent.    

I have also noticed aiming feels different in smaller rooms like on plaza than it does on big team battle maps. Line of sight depth would be a contributing factor here too.  I personally have felt heavy aim much more on smaller maps.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience?   

• Upvote (+1) 3

iAimAccell = iLineOfSightDepth % iCurrentFrameRate;

They are probably doing some wonky ass line of code like the above.

Would explain why pressing start, which could possibly temporarily zero out the line of sight depth, makes it feel better.

Or better yet, pressing start probably stabilizes the current framerate which in turn makes the aim accell feel better/more consistent. dan

I have also noticed aiming feels different in smaller rooms like on plaza than it does on big team battle maps. Line of sight depth would be a contributing factor here too. I personally have felt heavy aim much more on smaller maps.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

This may be the reason the game feels better for me in Warzone. I always thought it was because of the servers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Remember these ??

If the geometry of the environment effects it, It's possible (likely) that the different geometry of the guns on screen affects the aim too....

Just when I thought I could stop head-casing over certain pistol skins...

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the fuck does this even happen, jesus.

My guess is more objects=less frames. The reticle feels slower when it drops below 60fps. I don't know why this shocks people, consoles blow.

I know the OG Halo 1 reticle feels 100x times heavier at 30fps than MCC Halo 1 at 60fps.

My guess is more objects=less frames. The reticle feels slower when it drops below 60fps. I don't know why this shocks people, consoles blow.

I know the OG Halo 1 reticle feels 100x times heavier at 30fps than MCC Halo 1 at 60fps.

Even funnier is the dynamic resolution system was implemented to make sure the game doesn't go below 60 fps.

Just. Duplicate. The. PC. Aiming. FFS.

What if it isn't actually different and the whole difference is the Xbone running the game like trash where your PC doesn't?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What if it isn't actually different and the whole difference is the Xbone running the game like trash where your PC doesn't?

I get 20-30 frames on my laptop and the aiming feels better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so should i reinstall this 100gb piece of shit for the 4th time or nah

how did you even get to it the 2nd time

It's Christmas. How the hell am I supposed to fall asleep knowing Santa is coming tomorrow? There had better be presents under the treeticule when I wake up. Ready to split some wigs and get back on that naughty list for killing off the entire Atlantis warrior race with my Level 99 Gyarados.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played a game of community slayer about an hour ago just so I'd have some fresh memories of pre-heavy aim to compare to post-patch experience.  Luckily it was one of the heaviest aimers I've had so pretty sure I'll be able to tell an immediate difference if there is any.

Has anyone tried the update yet?

It's been released

Yeah. It felt waaaay different for me.

Usually I play Team Arena on focused and consider that the best aim. Team Skirmish used to be unplayable for me, however after playing one game of skirmish on expanded fuck me, what a difference. The aim has never felt that good ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It shocks people because none of the other AAA titles on console have the issue and 343 barely admits it's an issue. 

I am a PC gamer and couldn't agree more about consoles blowing, but I don't discredit the enmity people have for H5's aiming. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It feels so significantly different that I'm actually pretty pissed off about it. If this is what it was always meant to feel like then I've been playing a completely different game this whole time. I honestly can't believe how fucked the aiming was and that it was like that for nearly 2 years. I've genuinely lost all desire to play anything 343 create again. I'm quite shocked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was at UMG Daytona and the aiming felt quite a bit different there... very fluid and crisp, wonder if this new update will feel the same. I know they had a build there for the pros but I wonder if the FFA stations were running it as well...

Took some getting used to, but it felt good. Consistent at least...