that halo guy

Is Installation 01 sign classic Halo should return vid(Hidden Xperia)

I let the video explain itself,also at the top right of the corner if you move your mouse over close to the middle or the top right you can vote on which mechanics you prefer if you are logged in to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUMZiLeljQ

I feel this way.The gameplay while in alpha still looks good.Sorry if this vid have been posted already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Although I think most of the community is starting to crave a more classic, boots on the ground, no sprint, type of Halo; do you really think that's what we're going to get in 2017/2018 from 343i?

Although I think most of the community is starting to crave a more classic, boots on the ground, no sprint, type of Halo; do you really think that's what we're going to get in 2017/2018 from 343i?

Nope - fully expecting a more traditional style Halo after that though whether it be a spin-off or Halo 7.

Nope - fully expecting a more traditional style Halo after that though whether it be a spin-off or Halo 7.

sadly no cause of no h3a either.if i were to have a compromise between modern halo players and classic(as some pros have said they wanted halo 5 or halo to have its gameplay slowed down a bit) ive always suggested remove sprint,spartan charge and maybe ADS too.that way modern players keeps most of their mechanics while classic players will have the games slowed down a bit,map design hopefully can be better

No, but if Microsoft was smart, they'd hire the Project Contingency guys to develop a F2P multiplayer with microtransactions for cosmetic items like CS:G0, and the Installation 01 guys to make the campaign for the game that is locked behind a $25 pay wall. Halo would definitely be in the top 5 most played games on The Xbox One.

Then they could release their bullshit Halo 6 in 2018. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be frank, the gameplay of I-01 really doesn't look that good... certainly lacking mechanical polish.

It's commendable what these guys are doing, so don't get me wrong, props to them, but it just not all there yet. Contingency looks much better from what I've seen, tighter gameplay, environments look pretty, if slightly over-designed at times, but with environmental collision barriers, the game could still work well...

Getting off-topic now but it baffles me how grenades still bounce back in our faces and there's still notches at every corner to get stuck on, or meaningless barrels to stumble into when trying to escape a bad encounter...

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be frank, the gameplay of I-01 really doesn't look that good... certainly lacking mechanical polish.

It's commendable what these guys are doing, so don't get me wrong, props to them, but it just not all there yet. Contingency looks much better from what I've seen, tighter gameplay, environments look pretty, if slightly over-designed at times, but with environmental collision barriers, the game could still work well...

Getting off-topic now but it baffles me how grenades still bounce back in our faces and there's still notches at every corner to get stuck on, or meaningless barrels to stumble into when trying to escape a bad encounter...

01 looks to be in a similar state to what the project I was working on years ago was(albeit with animations), not terrible to play but certainly not something that is ready for the public. It would benefit them to wait a bit and refine the game before showing it off.

These games will never be able to make any real money because they would instantly get a Cease and Desist from Microsoft most likely. Until a game that is designed to be like classic Halo gets some real funding, there won't be a suitable replacement or alternative, and a game won't be able to get funded if it is blatantly a copy of Halo as it is now. 

Classic Halo fans need someone to make a game like Diabotical, but focused around Halo's gameplay. These literal recreations of classic Halo won't cut it, imo. 

These games will never be able to make any real money because they would instantly get a Cease and Desist from Microsoft most likely. Until a game that is designed to be like classic Halo gets some real funding, there won't be a suitable replacement or alternative, and a game won't be able to get funded if it is blatantly a copy of Halo as it is now. 

Classic Halo fans need someone to make a game like Diabotical, but focused around Halo's gameplay. These literal recreations of classic Halo won't cut it, imo. 

Well, it's a free fan project and they are specifically following Microsoft's content usage policies, so cease and desist is unlikely. That said, I would rather see a new game built on Halo concepts than a bunch of Halo 3 clones with questionable additions and remakes of maps like Relic. I have my concerns about both of the major fan projects (this and Contingency), to be honest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, it's a free fan project and they are specifically following Microsoft's content usage policies, so cease and desist is unlikely. That said, I would rather see a new game built on Halo concepts than a bunch of Halo 3 clones with questionable additions and remakes of maps like Relic. I have my concerns about both of the major fan projects (this and Contingency), to be honest.

I have been thinking about this a lot recently. For instance, I think that there are members of the Beyond community that could make a prototype for a game in the style of CE relatively easily. There are certainly people who have the technical know-how, and the gameplay/map design knowledge to do so. I have also recently realized how UE4 seems incredibly intuitive for creating FPS games. I've been considering trying to organize something. Getting the grenade and weapon physics right may be tricky, but Hardy LeBel usually seems willing to help (he could probably get us in contact with the guy who wrote the code honestly). I think there is some real potential there when you consider the current hunger for classic Halo that exists, how unique CE's gameplay is, and the existence of things like Kickstarter. 

Beyond's prototype map would probably be Chill Out or Damnation as well, a huge upgrade from something like Relic.  :wutface: Get the fundamentals right before you go adding random stuff into the sandbox.