Sign in to follow this  
Astronautic II

Gunskill practice?

Recently I've been playing a lot of DOOM. Probably about 20 -30 hours in the past 7-10 days. I know it has it's problems, but I love that shit.

At times, it's difficult to find a game, so what I started doing is fighting bots on insane difficulty(those fuckers rarely miss). Gradually, I began experimenting with my sensitivity, I've gone from playing on 25 - 35 percent, to 90 - 100, all the while maintaining my accuracy, and actually becoming more accurate with snipers, and shotguns.

I became curious and wanted to know what effect this would have on my Halo gameplay, especially since DOOM has lower aim assist than most of the games in the series. Essentially, I went from play 3 sens, to 7 - 8, and I consistently achieved a 60 - 70 percent accuracy rating in matches. Up form my 45 - 60. Other than Halo 5, I've only gotten into Halo 3 matches on MCC. My accuracy isn't much higher than it was before, but I'm able to use a higher sensitivity while maintaining my slaying power. Which was impossible before.

I am very pleased with these results. But I could go a step further by continuing to practice in DOOM but turn off the aim assist. Do you all believe that this would be effective, or will I be getting diminished returns on the investment?

In regards to Halo 5, you can't become better at aiming in a game where the aiming feels different every game even though the settings are the same. It's Darwin's model at work, the best players are the ones who can adapt to how the aim feels in a specific game the fastest. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, new doom has bot multiplayer?

Yeah, it's had them for a while now. But, they only work with non dlc maps, and deathmatch/team deathmatch modes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's had them for a while now. But, they only work with non dlc maps, and deathmatch/team deathmatch modes.

Can you put them in custom game and start a 2vs2 and such?