HeyGuysImPresto

Halo 6 Preferences Survey

Haven't seen a survey like this one. I can see a lot of people rushing through it and not actually reading everything, or understanding it though. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Haven't seen a survey like this one. I can see a lot of people rushing through it and not actually reading everything, or understanding it though. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Yes, this type of survey is pretty unique. That's partly why it's so useful. As for the "rushing".... that's a valid point. The software shows me how long people spent on the survey though, so I'll just look over the responses once it's over and remove any that appear to be "rushed" (completed in less than 2 or 3 minutes). Thanks for pointing that out! 

Never seen a survey like that. Definitely interested in the results. It would also be interesting if you gave me a "budget" based on release date and let me allocate finite resources according...no idea if that makes sense or not

• Upvote (+1) 1

no halo 3 choice for armor unlocking?

Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing.   Although I guess it could fall under the H4 Achievement unlocking category.  

Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing.   Although I guess it could fall under the H4 Achievement unlocking category.  

yeah i just used that since it was the closest. 

Filled out all three surveys ... I'm a fast reader and probably spent a couple minutes on each.  For the choices it was simple, I basically only care about 1-2 things in campaign and 1-2 things in multiplayer, so I went for whichever of the three options focused on those 1-2 things.  Please don't assume that all quick responses are not meaningful!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Filled out all three surveys ... I'm a fast reader and probably spent a couple minutes on each.  For the choices it was simple, I basically only care about 1-2 things in campaign and 1-2 things in multiplayer, so I went for whichever of the three options focused on those 1-2 things.  Please don't assume that all quick responses are not meaningful!

Same for the third survey.  Anything that didn't have "None" for sprint was a non-starter which made 10/12 choices very easy.  iirc only one didn't have none as an option and only one other had none for 2 options.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Answered pretty quickly however it was pretty cut and dry for the most part. The only difficult ones were the ones that didn't allow me high effort as an option for multiplayer and the ones that didn't offer a no sprint option to vote for. Really I was only answering in very broad terms that I want high effort spent on multiplayer and that I really don't like sprint. You put some really big ticket options for me in a pool of stuff I honestly don't care about very much.

Ditto. Release date in particular isn't a concern for me so that never factored into my decisions, and graphics I can take or leave so I always just picked the best possible outcome for gameplay development of both campaign and MP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.Sprint,the game is free and each dlc is free and weekly.

Or

2.No sprint, the gane costs $200 and dlc is $40 a piece and mandatory.

Well. 2 is clearly superior

• Upvote (+1) 5

Never seen a survey like that. Definitely interested in the results. It would also be interesting if you gave me a "budget" based on release date and let me allocate finite resources according...no idea if that makes sense or not

I think that would be a really interesting insight. I believe the software does allow for that type of question, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll make another survey later on though and include that type of question.

Exactly. It's been a while since Halo 3, but if I remember right you just earned helmets based on achievements, so I figured it fit under the Experience/Achievement/Halo 4 option.

Valid point. I'll find another way to filter.

1.Sprint,the game is free and each dlc is free and weekly.

Or

2.No sprint, the gane costs $200 and dlc is $40 a piece and mandatory.

Well. 2 is clearly superior

The choices the survey generates are put together randomly, so you will definitely get some really obvious questions. Even in your example though, someone could really hate sprint and be willing to pay $200 for the game and $40 for the DLC to just not have sprint. Unlikely, but possible.

By the way, the majority of my survey responses so far have come from the Team Beyond forum, so I just want to say thank you to everyone that has responded so far! With only a week left on the survey, I thought now might be a good time to share some initial findings. I don't want to influence anyone still planning to take the survey, so I'm only going to share one key insight from each survey, for now.

General Development: Gameplay/Multiplayer is the most important attribute by far. In fact, it is more than twice as important as the next most important attribute, Campaign/Story development. 

Campaign: The most popular fireteam support choice is.... none. Players would rather go back to a Lone Wolf style, than play with a Fireteam (neither Blue team nor Osiris). 

Features: "Sprint" has been the most important attribute when people have made their decisions so far... and the majority does NOT want sprint back, in any degree. I personally like sprint, and didn't believe that it was as big of an issue as people said. But this shows me otherwise. Sprint Utility Chart: https://ibb.co/cq40t5 (high utility means people like that option, negative means they don't).

So there's a taste! Keep in mind these results are subject to change as more responses come in. I'll share the full report with all the details a few days after the survey closes (next Saturday).

By the way, I've received almost twice as many responses to the General Development survey as the Campaign survey, so if you haven't taken any of the surveys yet, I encourage you to start with that one!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Answering things like 'Gameplay/Multiplayer Development' with High Effort kinda defeats the purpose, at least, if you mean to ask for a return to form by way of simplistic Halo gameplay.

Asking 343 to do the opposite would be more likely to accomplish that. Most of Halo 5's gameplay troubles stem from being overly complex and focus tested.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that would be a really interesting insight. I believe the software does allow for that type of question, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll make another survey later on though and include that type of question.

Exactly. It's been a while since Halo 3, but if I remember right you just earned helmets based on achievements, so I figured it fit under the Experience/Achievement/Halo 4 option.

Valid point. I'll find another way to filter.

The choices the survey generates are put together randomly, so you will definitely get some really obvious questions. Even in your example though, someone could really hate sprint and be willing to pay $200 for the game and $40 for the DLC to just not have sprint. Unlikely, but possible.

Ya

That's the joke

This was an interesting survey to say the least.

The scenarios did a good job of forcing me to prioritize my values, but I thought it a bit strange to have to choose between eliminating sprint and having no DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2nd and 3rd surveys were no-brainers; fuck sprint, fuck (spartan) squads but I think you tried to squish to much into the first one...

Graphic and art are two fundamentally different things, one should improve if more time is beeing invested in, the other depends on a good initial vision (which 343 lacks...)

so "more time = better graphics" but more time does not equal better art style in general

I could live with graphics beeing on par with H5 but the art style it self is quite important to me, so what is the appropriate answer for someone like me? "Low" because I don't care all that much about graphics or "high" because art style is important to me? And if I choose "high" how do I deliver the message that I want the art style to return it's traditional form?

Um. Many of us spent 350-460 dollars on an xbone and mcc for a no sprint halo experience.

I would 100% pay more than that if halo 6 was as good as 1-3. Ive spent at least a year on all 3 of those games each. Thats 365*24 hours or 8700 hours. Spending 2000 dollars on a good halo game would br me paying 23 cents per hour for quality entertainment, 5 dollars for a full day. Thats so freaking cheap. And a good halo game starts with no sprint

My parents spent 400 dollars on halo1/2 plus the dlc plus the xbl. Same for halo3. I spent the Same for the xbone and mcc. You think i played that splintercell game they got me?heck no. 240$ is not unrealistic at all. Its very realistic

Why do you think 343i would use these survey results? 

It's very likely they won't. But I'm hoping that the number of respondents (over 100 now) and the uniqueness of the survey will at least earn a glance from them. If not, that's ok. The results will still be interesting to see.

Graphic and art are two fundamentally different things, one should improve if more time is beeing invested in, the other depends on a good initial vision (which 343 lacks...)

so "more time = better graphics" but more time does not equal better art style in general

I could live with graphics beeing on par with H5 but the art style it self is quite important to me, so what is the appropriate answer for someone like me? "Low" because I don't care all that much about graphics or "high" because art style is important to me? And if I choose "high" how do I deliver the message that I want the art style to return it's traditional form?

Graphics and art are different things for sure. But they definitely fall into the same category: the LOOK of the game. I intentionally was keeping the General Development survey at a very high level. Wanting 343 to put more time and resources (including focus groups and public research) towards determining if more effort should be spent on graphics or art, and what the correct art styles and graphics levels would be, is exactly what the survey lets you signal by selecting "High Effort" options for the "Graphics/Art" attribute. If "High Effort" turns out to be important (based on the responses) then 343 should be sure to put a lot of time and resources towards getting the "look" of the game "right" (in terms of what their target market, Halo players, want). Hope that helps clarify!

By the way, today's the last day to take the surveys! I was hoping for about 50 responses to each, but I've gotten over 100 responses on the General Development survey, almost 90 on the features survey, and just under 60 on the campaign survey! After locking the surveys tonight I'll prep a report and share it here sometime next week.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I definitely enjoyed these as there usually was no easy answer.

To get what you want you have usually have to sacrifice something else.

But you can still fly through it pretty quickly once you know what your priorities are.

1: Multiplayer > Campaign > Graphics > Timeframe > Rewards

2: Sprint (no) > DLC (free) > Playable Elites > Weapons (comp play will drop useless weapons if more if created) > Earning

3: MC > Missions > Flood > Fireteam Support > Brutes