Teapot

Beach LAN 6 + $5,000 Halo CE Tournament: 8/12-8/19 Powered by Weedmaps

Thanks for everything Teapot, this guy for some reason does a lot of work for us behind the scenes.    <3

See ya there

same reason we're all still here

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a combination of things but I just really love the game. I like that it's easy for noobs to pick up and play (not talking about spawns and nade tricks) but hard to master with all it's depth. The top players are so insane that it's mind-blowing to me. While I guess it's confusing to understand visually for those who don't play, I still think the game/community deserves to show what they can do with such an under appreciated competitive game.

I also think the Beach LAN itself is pretty unique. I don't really follow CS or LOL or other large games too much but I've never heard of a LAN group doing a week long vacation/LAN like this.. and if it did exist it certainly isn't grass roots.

edit: Added you to the list Knighty, didn't realize you were not on it. Also sounds like Legit will stop by again this year so he's on the list too. A few people had to back out for various reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's a combination of things but I just really love the game. I like that it's easy for noobs to pick up and play (not talking about spawns and nade tricks) but hard to master with all it's depth. The top players are so insane that it's mind-blowing to me. While I guess it's confusing to understand visually for those who don't play, I still think the game/community deserves to show what they can do with such an under appreciated competitive game.

I also think the Beach LAN itself is pretty unique. I don't really follow CS or LOL or other large games too much but I've never heard of a LAN group doing a week long vacation/LAN like this.. and if it did exist it certainly isn't grass roots.

edit: Added you to the list Knighty, didn't realize you were not on it. Also sounds like Legit will stop by again this year so he's on the list too. A few people had to back out for various reasons.

There's the "Beyond the Summit" series that has hosted a bunch of games like dota, csgo, smash. funnily enough 1 summit was sponsored by weedmaps :p 

It's basically a sponsored+crowd-funded "beachlan" where instead of grassroots, there is production going into funny skits and PG-rated fan service. i only really follow smash so summit for them was: thursday is media day where they record skits, friday is wacky gametypes like 2v2 camo shotguns on chiron but played seriously or some sort of theme and sat/sun is tourny. Fans vote for who attends and what games they play, what matchups they want to watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will be heading out soon and picking up Dynomike from airport. Might make it out around 10pm or 11pm but we'll have to see. 

dont you mean A.M.?

I think he's driving from around ATL so prob PM.

JohnTheHero and I are about to board our flights now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's the "Beyond the Summit" series that has hosted a bunch of games like dota, csgo, smash. funnily enough 1 summit was sponsored by weedmaps :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrFexFLFRo

It's basically a sponsored+crowd-funded "beachlan" where instead of grassroots, there is production going into funny skits and PG-rated fan service. i only really follow smash so summit for them was: thursday is media day where they record skits, friday is wacky gametypes like 2v2 camo shotguns on chiron but played seriously or some sort of theme and sat/sun is tourny. Fans vote for who attends and what games they play, what matchups they want to watch.

Closest thing I can think of is the homestory cup in SC2. Where 'Take' invites a bunch of players to his house for a tournament and they stream it all and the players take it turns casting and getting drunk and doing other stuff. One of the few times you can usually get some personality out of the koreans.

That'd be cool. Certainly wouldn't be me doing it cause I'm a noob but if people could clip the videos or find good plays in the rebroadcast I'd be willing to contact an editor.

I'll prob post some pics later, I took a video that's vertical and shaky as fuck so I might redo it. It's like a minute long and it's just walking into the front door, seeing the stations/players then going out the back door and walking to the beach. The location is amazing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe it's just me, but the footage taken from these beach lans is so much more enjoyable to watch then some kid in a 3rd world country who can't break 15 kills posting youtube videos about how great he is on MCC because it takes an AGP 3/Halo50K vet a full pistol clip of head shots to kill him on offhost.   :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

If you see a cool clip on stream make sure you clip or oddshot it. Would be cool to just make a montage of every triple and killtac

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tournament is today, starting around 2pm. Getting some food now then gonna head to the house and will update

Heres an update, we are starting around 2:30/3:00pm and are waiting for the last few to arrive and figure out teams.

"Pools: #Rank - Player (Individual Rank)"

• Pool A: #1 Legend (1) + Patch (2) | #8 Trix (15) + Sin (20) | #9 Devilman (16) + BRB (22) | #16 (Simplifyyy (Unranked) + Cat (Unranked) | Wonder (U) + Anomaly (Unranked) | #22 Wonder (Unranked) + Anomaly (Unranked)
  •  
  • Pool B: #2 McDick (3) + Nistic (#4) | #7 Bonesaw (12) + Fight (13) | #10 Gazzo (19) + Teapot (40) | #15- Dynomike (Unranked) + Kush (Unranked) | #18 - C2 (Unranked) + Chips (Unranked
  •  
  • Pool C: #3 Jownz (7) + Poonmaster (8) | #6 Words (10) + Bobby Blitz (Unranked) | #11 HalasterBlack (25)  + Meg (Unranked) | #14 Stuntman (U) + Hurley (U) | #19 Hug0 (U) + The b0 (24)
  •  
  • Pool D: #4 Prime (6) + Doughboy (9) | #5 Zefy (11) + Finny (15) | #12 Levi (Unranked) + N3ac3y (Unranked) | #13 Spud (23) + Dr. Ew (Unranked) | #20 04 (29) + Psylence (Unranked) | KnightyKnight (Unranked) + JohnTheHero (Unranked)

To cut time it seems like Pool Play is not seeding into a full double elimination bracket, but the top two teams from each pool will advance for a championship bracket. If anything changes I'll be sure to know.

Updates: by POOL

Pool A

Legend + Patch won 4-1 over Trix and Sin
Trix and Sin won 4-1 over BRB and Devilman
BRB and Devliman won 5-0 over Anomaly + Wonder

Anomaly + Wonder won 3-2 over Simplify + Cat

Legend + Patch won 5-0 over Devilman and BRB

Trix + Sin won 5-0 over Cat + Simplify

Legend + Patch won 5-0 over Cat + Simplify

Legend + Patch won 5-0 over Anomaly + Wonder

Devilman + BRB won 5-0 over Cat + Simplify

Pool B

McDick + Nistic won 5-0 over Gazzo + Teapot

McDick + Nistic won 5-0 over C2 + Chips

Bonesaw + Fight won 5-0 over Gazzo + Teapot

Bonesaw + Fight won 4-1 over Kush + Dynomike

C2 + Chips won 4-1 over Kush +Dynomike

McDick + Nistic won 5-0 over Kush + Dynomike

Gazzo + Teapot won 3-2 over Kush + Dynomike

McDick + Nistic won 5-0 over Fight + Bonesaw

Fight + Bonesaw won 3-2 over C2 + Chips

Pool C

Jownz + Poon won 3-2 over Bobby Blitz + Words

Meg + HB won 5-0 over Stuntman + Hurley

Words + Bobby won 4-1 over Meg + HB

Jownz + Poon won 5-0 over Hugo + The B0

Jownz + Poon won 5-0 over Stuntman + Hurley

Hugo + The B0 won 5-0 over Meg + HB

Words + Bobby won 5-0 over Stuntman + Hurley

Jownz + Poon won 5-0 over Meg +HB

Hugo + The B0 won 5-0 over Stuntman + Hurley

Pool D

Zephy + Finny won 4-1 over O4 and Psylence

Spud + Dr. Ew won 5-0 over KnightyKnight + JohnTheHero

Prime + Doughboy won 5-0 over Spud + Dr.Ew 

Levi + N3ac3y won 5-0 over Knighty Knight + John The Hero

O4 + Psylence won 5-0 over Knighty Knight + John The Hero

Spud + Dr.Ew won 3-2 over Levi + N3ac3y

Zephy + Finny won 4-1 over Doughboy + Prime

Prime + Doughboy won 5-0 over 04 + Psylence

Prime + Doughboy won 4-1 over Levi +Neacey

Zef + Finny won 4-1 over Levi + Neacey

Zef + Finny won 3-2 over Spud + Dr.Ew

Scores by POOL

Pool A :

Legend + Patch = 19-1

Trix + Sin = 15-5

Devliman + BRB = 11-9

Wonder + Anomaly = 3-17

Simplify + Cat = 2-18

Pool B:

McDick + Nistic = 20-0

Bonesaw + Fight - 12-8

Teapot + Gazzo = 3-12

C2 + Chips = 6-9

DynoMike + Kush = 4-16

Pool C:

Jownz + Poonmaster = 18-2

Words + Bobby = 15-5

HB + Meg = 6-14

Stuntman + Hurley = 0-20

Hugo + The B0 = 12-8

Pool D:

Prime + Doughboy = 20-5.

Zef + Finny = 20-5

Levi + N3ac3y = 9-11

Spud + Dr. Ew = 13-12

O4 + Psylence = 8-12

KnightyKnight + John The Hero = 0-20

Pool info updated as given:

Patch and Legend (4-1) over Sin + Trix
Nistic + McDick (5-0) over Gazzo + Teapot
Poon + Jownz (5-0) over Hugo + the Bo
Levi + Neace (5-0) over Knighty + JohnTheHero
Devilman + BRB (5-0) over  Anomaly + Wonder
Zef + Finny (4-1) over O4 + Psylence
Bonesaw + Fight (4-1) over Kush + Dynomike
Bonesaw + Fight (5-0) over Gazzo + Teapot
Anamoly + Wonder (3-2) over Simplify + Cat
Trix + Six (4-1) over Devilman + BRB
Poon + Jownz (3-2) over Words + Bobby
Words + Bobby (4-1) over Meg + HB
Patch + Legend (5-0) over Devilman + BRB
Poon + Jownz 5-0 Stunt Man + Hurley

04 + Psylence  5-0 Knighty + JohnTheHero

Spud + Dr. Ew 3-2 Levi + n3ac3y

Hugo + The B0 3-2 Meg + HB

Zef + Finny 4-1 Doughboy and Prime

Words + Bobby 5-0 Stuntman + Hurley

C2 + Chips 4-1 Kush + DynoMike

McDick + Nistic 5-0 Kush + DynoMike

Trix + Sin 5-0 Anomoly + Wonder

Trix + Sin 5-0 Cat + simplify

Poon + Jownz 5-0 Meg + HB

TheB0 + Hugo 5-0 Stuntman + Hurley

Prime + Doughboy won 5-0 over 04 + Psylence
Prime + Doughboy won 4-1 over Levi +Neacey
Zef + Finny won 4-1 over Levi + Neacey

Fight + Bonesaw 3-2 over C2 + Chips

Spud + Dr.Ew 3-2 over O4 and Psylence 

Devilman + BRB 5-0 over Simplify + Cat

Finny + Zef 3-2 over Spud + Dr.Ew

Spud + Dr.Ew 5-0 over KnightyKnight + JohnTheHero

• Upvote (+1) 9

We should be finishing up a few series now and then have to start one more for just a couple of teams and pool play will be done.

Not everyone is awake yet, go figure so we'll be starting late and also don't have the brackets figured out yet. Once all the teams wake up we'll figure out how we're gonna seed.

1) Nistic + McDick (20-0) Pool B

2) Legend + Patch (19-1) Pool A

3) Poon + Jownz (18-2) Pool C

Then Pool D had one extra team that was thrown in last minute so Doughboy + Prime and Zef + Finny were both 20-5 in Pool D. Sin + Trix and Cesar + Bobby are 15-5 in their pools but would have 5-0'd the extra team in pool D. We're considering these 4 teams to be 15-5 so it's tied by wins in pool play. However with Doughboy + Prime & Zef + Finny coming out of Pool D, you can use their series as a tiebreaker where Zef + Finny won 4-1.

After these teams that are tied for 4th-7th, Bonesaw + Fight are in the 8th seed.

Not sure how they will do it and I'm not really running the tournament either. If I did then pools would have seeded everyone and not just top 8, allowing for more of the low/mid teams to play others in tournament play. This significantly cuts down the time though and when people are going to bed at 10am it's impossible to start these things on time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Teapot how are you and Gazzo playing?

Better than our pool play series would indicate. First 5 games were against McDick and Nistic and all of them were relatively close in like the 35 range or so. So we got 5-0'd by them but weren't surprised. Then we played Bonesaw + Fight so we went up against the two better teams in our pool, and those games were even closer. We lost to Bonesaw + Fight last year for 6th place and last year the scores were like 50-30/35 in their favor, this year we lost again but 50-40/45ish. Two games were 50-48.

I actually think we were playing better than at the start of the day then with the other series. We sat for like 4 hours as I was going around getting pool information and essentially iced ourselves but still won.

I tried to take pictures of every game of pool play (for my team) but couldn't the later match ups. 

I'm still trying to wake people up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the bracket, will have to update it.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=jphyKOLs2b

There's a bit of confusion just because people are all suggesting different things but not relaying it everyone. This bracket should all be a best of 7 but after this first round we will make the call based on time if we will cut the series to B05 until both winners and losers finals

• Upvote (+1) 1