Teapot

Beach LAN 6 + $5,000 Halo CE Tournament: 8/12-8/19 Powered by Weedmaps

It's still pretty badass. Try to be loud and draw a crowd. Wish I could be there.

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

Have them set up a few MCC stations there so you can play with everyone.

It's still pretty badass. Try to be loud and draw a crowd. Wish I could be there.

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

Damn man I was hoping to wake up today and see that your post was edited saying you can make it. Bummer man you're casting was a large part of what made it enjoyable for the non CE crowd that tuned in. Is the class a one time thing? Can you make it later in the week or early in the week?

Damn man I was hoping to wake up today and see that your post was edited saying you can make it. Bummer man you're casting was a large part of what made it enjoyable for the non CE crowd that tuned in. Is the class a one time thing? Can you make it later in the week or early in the week?

Thanks man. It's a 3 week class that covers the whole LAN :(

Thanks man. It's a 3 week class that covers the whole LAN :(

Have a buddy bring a cardboard cut out of you to class. They'll never suspect a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"In unrelated news, local Kansas man goes AWOL from duty. Witnesses heard mention of "LAN" and "cast". We'll update this story as it develops, Jim"

• Upvote (+1) 7

i will donate if there is a dedicated camera on patch the entire time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:glasses:

Can't wait to see you there. It was great to play this weekend man, and of course you killed it on the desk.

Just donated $100 Can't wait to watch! @@Teapot

Thats awesome man, can't thank you enough! I'm really glad you came over and checked out the stations. I'd say both you and knighty were at the stations most frequently throughout the weekend so I appreciate you guys checking it out.

Saw some posts from people on the forums who were in attendance that seemed displeased with this or that at the venue but did not come over and check out the stations. Meanwhile if they chose to they could have came and played Walshy in 2v2's just like you did.

i will donate if there is a dedicated camera on patch the entire time.

What's your price?

Can't wait to see you there. It was great to play this weekend man, and of course you killed it on the desk.

Thats awesome man, can't thank you enough! I'm really glad you came over and checked out the stations. I'd say both you and knighty were at the stations most frequently throughout the weekend so I appreciate you guys checking it out.

Saw some posts from people on the forums who were in attendance that seemed displeased with this or that at the venue but did not come over and check out the stations. Meanwhile if they chose to they could have came and played Walshy in 2v2's just like you did.

What's your price?

Always happy to support Halo anyway I can! 

It was seriously a ton of fun. Even when I was getting destroyed I was enjoying myself because I found the depth of skill In the game Interesting. 

Dude people missed out! I got to play against WALSHY and play against some of the best CE players in the world. I even got to play with Ghost. Shit was so much fun lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Always happy to support Halo anyway I can! 

It was seriously a ton of fun. Even when I was getting destroyed I was enjoying myself because I found the depth of skill In the game Interesting. 

Dude people missed out! I got to play against WALSHY and play against some of the best CE players in the world. I even got to play with Ghost. Shit was so much fun lol

I've never been that out classed in my entire life. McDick, Jownz, Prime and LegendP were on top of the ball with every decision they made and did not miss a single shot. 

Did I rage, complain, cry and quit? Heck no, the game was too much fun for all that nonsense. I was learning at rapid speed.

There will never be a game like it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never been that out classed in my entire life. McDick, Jownz, Prime and LegendP were on top of the ball with every decision they made and did not miss a single shot. 

Did I rage, complain, cry and quit? Heck no, the game was too much fun for all that nonsense. I was learning at rapid speed.

There will never be a game like it.

That moment as a FPS game dev you wake up and realize anything you make will be inferior to halo CE........

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't believe this is just a few weeks away. For anyone who cares, some of the H1 guys are streaming a Tampa LAN right now on the beach LAN twitch channel.

I also just donated $300 to the prize pool, I'm excited to see Patch smack people again this year.  :prayers:

you sir have my respect  

• Upvote (+1) 1

you sir have my respect  

You are far too kind. I appreciate it though.

I enjoyed your casting in Atlanta by the way, I hope you continue to pursue casting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are far too kind. I appreciate it though.

I enjoyed your casting in Atlanta by the way, I hope you continue to pursue casting.

i want to still be a part of halo so i never see myself leaving. thank you so much!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't thank you enough @ so I'll have to come up with something better. Not sure what but I'll figure something out. I'm pretty sure you've been the biggest donator for the past 2 or 3 years which is incredible.

I've had a bunch of stuff going on so I haven't been updating this like last year but since we are so close to the event I'll start doing it more frequently. Also plan to update it while down there in Tampa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had heard something about a video being made using the caps from the last LAN, with Patch and Legend commenting on their game play, pausing the video to review why they are doing what they are doing, etc.  Was this ever done?  I think it would be very beneficial players that want to improve their game if something like this was put together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had heard something about a video being made using the caps from the last LAN, with Patch and Legend commenting on their game play, pausing the video to review why they are doing what they are doing, etc.  Was this ever done?  I think it would be very beneficial players that want to improve their game if something like this was put together. 

I think there was talk of adding commentary to existing captured footage but I think most of BL5's footage has been lost (minus a few vids posted to Jeenyus' youtube channel).  However, Missingno has several detailed commentary videos on youtube if you or anybody else is looking for ways to improve their game.

I think there was talk of adding commentary to existing captured footage but I think most of BL5's footage has been lost (minus a few vids posted to Jeenyus' youtube channel).  However, Missingno has several detailed commentary videos on youtube if you or anybody else is looking for ways to improve their game.

I'm aware of Missingno's vids, but what would be good is if a video can be made with legend and patch commenting on their decisions on the fly similar to how legend does in this first vid.

That moment as a FPS game dev you wake up and realize anything you make will be inferior to halo CE........

Quake and the counter strike would like to have a word with you.

Someone should convince the OGRE's to go.

That'd bring me back ;). I remember watching a bit of this last year.

Someone should convince the OGRE's to go.

That'd bring me back ;). I remember watching a bit of this last year.

Thanks for checking us out last year. Two years ago we had a terrible laptop that was used to stream and it was pretty rough. Last year we had a lot better equipment and had Jeenyus come out and run the stream. Jeenyus won't be there this year, but McDick went out and bought a new computer and just a bunch of equipment in general specifically for this. We will probably rotate who is maintaining the stream but Devilman is going and if anyone hasn't checked out his VA Beach LAN videos, please do. 

The quality is impressive. I mean, he specifically has some expensive ass production HD CRT monitors or something, but there are webcams that show the whole room, web cams for the stream stations, mic's for the stream station, commentary room with ability to control all the different scenes. It was damn impressive and thats what we are striving for this year.

Others are more in contact with Ogre 2 than I am, but I don't think he's really interested in competing or taking a week out just for CE. I'd imagine at this point if he did want to play he would host his own LAN or something for a weekend. Seems like he's on the Destiny grind, but than again so is Nistic and he is going.

• Upvote (+1) 3