Teapot

Beach LAN 6 + $5,000 Halo CE Tournament: 8/12-8/19 Powered by Weedmaps

<p>

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please post and let me know. We'd love to have feedback and suggestions to improve off of last year!

Some areas in which we can improve from last year from what I remember are:

• webcam on stream station, webcam on casters.
  • switching stream layout to not have 4 POVs at all times
  • better relay of information of things happening at the event. I hope to improve that A LOT
  • start the tournament earlier and attempt to keep tournament structure on time
  • promote it beyond competitive halo niche, hope to have the H5 pros host us again. If anyone remembers, please let me know which ones had hosted. I believe @@Vetoed, @@Kampy, @@Snip3down, @@LethuL had hosted the Beach LAN Channel. That support was very helpful.
Awesome stuff, cant wait to watch again this time round.

Currently in the process of getting some gear together to set up a CE LAN in the UK. Will not be before next year at the earliest as money is tight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish I could go and get destroyed. Can't wait to watch the stream.  

When can I expect to get my MCC AR skins for McDick and Legend? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Won't be able to swing this one sadly. School is $$$. Can't wait to watch, and listen to the best casting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There better be a Fusion Frenzy demo tournament or I'll be mildly upset.

Fusion fucking frenzy! I could play twisted system all day!

Awesome stuff, cant wait to watch again this time round.

Currently in the process of getting some gear together to set up a CE LAN in the UK. Will not be before next year at the earliest as money is tight.

would attend
  • Upvote (+1) 1

would attend

Cool man, ill be posting as widely as possible once im closer to getting it set up.  The only real certainty atm is that it will likely be somewhere in Edinburgh (as thats where i live lol)

We will be opening up the prize pool to donations like last year. I was pretty shocked to see the support from the community and we raised more than I expected honestly. Big thanks to everyone who donated, I will go back to the old thread and list those names.

I just donated $100. You can donate to McDick's paypal at [email protected]

If you do chose to donate, whether it's $1 or $1,000,000 let me know and I'll add you to the donations page!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks again to @@Teapot for posting these announcements every year.  We have a lot of plans to improve Beach LAN this year, with more details to come as we get closer to the event.  Much of that is possible thanks to the support of Weedmaps, whose sponsorship allows us to take our passion to new levels.

I am also donating $100 to the prize pool.  I will get with Legend soon to publish the tourney schedule and rules.  Though the cowards won the argument last year, you should expect this year's tourney to be quite Downrush-heavy.  Next year, Hot Box will be the feature map. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Always an exciting time of year when Beach LAN rolls around, can't wait to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Prize pool has been updated, added last years bracket to this thread and tried to just clean it up in general here. I'd imagine some people wouldn't mind playing some sort of mini twisted system tournament for fusion frenzy, but people would have to be willing to leave a station open for a while. I know that at some smash events, they do side tournaments or crazy stuff, like blindfolded matches. These are often like side crowd funded goals but we still have a good amount of time to figure things out.

Fun Fact! N3ac3y is attending, and for those who haven't heard of him, if you search his name into google you'll find he was the first person to reach max level in Destiny.

Hopefully with each coming Beach LAN we get a new McDick nade compilation... HOPEFULLY.

edit: could use some more feedback from last year btw.

Thanks again to @@Teapot for posting these announcements every year. We have a lot of plans to improve Beach LAN this year, with more details to come as we get closer to the event. Much of that is possible thanks to the support of Weedmaps, whose sponsorship allows us to take our passion to new levels.

I am also donating $100 to the prize pool. I will get with Legend soon to publish the tourney schedule and rules. Though the cowards won the argument last year, you should expect this year's tourney to be quite Downrush-heavy. Next year, Hot Box will be the feature map.

I'm really excited to hear new maps making it into the rotation. I've been pushing for it ever since I played them, and I'm pumped to see them starting to be accepted.

The new Hot Box is a massive improvement over the one I played in 2012, and it's definitely worthy of a spot. I'd still like to see Imminent get more love. It's appearance is off-putting to a lot of people, but it's gameplay is really unique and fun.

Might ride out to tampa to hang with Teapot and Hard Way if I can make a roadtrip out of it with the gf. Most I can do is lend my support since I can't practice with how MCC is. 

Tampa isn't too far from Miami and I've never been.

Also Zach could use color commentary to hype up the stream. :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might ride out to tampa to hang with Teapot and Hard Way if I can make a roadtrip out of it with the gf. Most I can do is lend my support since I can't practice with how MCC is. 

Tampa isn't too far from Miami and I've never been.

Also Zach could use color commentary to hype up the stream. :glasses:

Let's goooooooooooooo!!

Microsoft/343/UMG have asked us to provide equipment for the upcoming Halo 5 tournament in Daytona (May 12-14).  They want to have a Halo 1 free-play area with two stations.  They are essentially renting equipment from us.  I will be donating the money to the BL6 prize pool.  It should be about $450.  I will be there with Legend, Meg, Prime, Jownz, and Teapot.  We can't stream, but will be capping both stations. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Microsoft/343/UMG have asked us to provide equipment for the upcoming Halo 5 tournament in Daytona (May 12-14).  They want to have a Halo 1 free-play area with two stations.  They are essentially renting equipment from us.  I will be donating the money to the BL6 prize pool.  It should be about $450.  I will be there with Legend, Meg, Prime, Jownz, and Teapot.  We can't stream, but will be capping both stations. 

It's still pretty badass. Try to be loud and draw a crowd. Wish I could be there.

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................  :tear: