Mib2347

I have devised a way to demonstrate heavy aim

AR's perfect killtime is lower than the pistol's perfect killtime....So no

The next step is to post this on halo waypoint.

well that's fucking stupid.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for creating such an excellent post! I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that our Sandbox team has seen this post, and is looking over it as we speak. Thanks again, Mib!

make it hap'n cap'n
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for creating such an excellent post! I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that our Sandbox team has seen this post, and is looking over it as we speak. Thanks again, Mib!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only solution is probably either start playing on PC. Or buy a Scorpio. Or they could lock the resolution to 720p.

Can we test setting resolution on the xbox one to 720p, and run the test again with the modded controller?  @@Mib2347

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tell them to gauge the differences between the PC version with a controller plugged in and Xbox One. I think anyone who has actually tried the PC version for more than 2 seconds can tell the difference. If there's a way to copy and paste that, do it (no, not literally copy and paste).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tell them to gauge the differences between the PC version with a controller plugged in and Xbox One. I think anyone who has actually tried the PC version for more than 2 seconds can tell the difference. If there's a way to copy and paste that, do it (no, not literally copy and paste).

Man the PC aim feels so good, hard to go back to xbone if u have played even a couple games.  I had my sense on 1.5-4-4 on xbox and when i jumped into a custom for the first time on PC it was so different.. wasnt even close to xbox.  so yes copy and paste plz lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man the PC aim feels so good, hard to go back to xbone if u have played even a couple games.  I had my sense on 1.5-4-4 on xbox and when i jumped into a custom for the first time on PC it was so different.. wasnt even close to xbox.  so yes copy and paste plz lol

I think Moa (or possibly someone else) had said the PC aiming felt lightyears better than the console version the day after it released and I was tempted to try it so I downloaded Forge that same night and immediately saw the difference. I haven't played it since then, I just got on and jumped in a few BTB games, but good lord there was a significant difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well at least something is being done about it.

We don't know that actually. They might look at it and determine that to change the aiming system they would break some other aspect of the game, if indeed the aiming is tied to the frame rate, server rate, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

OMFG this is amazing :)

Can you confirm that the "rumble signal" that the game is coded to send to the controller is the same every time and doesn't have some of its own variability built in?

If you can verify that the rumble signal is always the exact same length, that will eliminate pretty much the only "unknown" we have here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OMFG this is amazing :)

Can you confirm that the "rumble signal" that the game is coded to send to the controller is the same every time and doesn't have some of its own variability built in?

If you can verify that the rumble signal is always the exact same length, that will eliminate pretty much the only "unknown" we have here.

I would be beyond surprised if they coded the rumble to have different lengths. One trigger pull = One rumble signal. 

The only solution is probably either start playing on PC. Or buy a Scorpio. Or they could lock the resolution to 720p.

But the PC version is just as fucked as the Xbox :(

Must be something with the engine.

With regards to the rumble signal I have a few things I'd like to say. The aim seems move to either a or b and seems to do so for a period of time. So if it was because the signal is different then it would surely be more random instead of a for 5 tests in a row and b for another 5.

I have an old 360 and a copy of halo 2. What I would like to do tomorrow is take the vibration from the 360 controller instead and use that to trigger the movement. If I did that on both Halo 1 MCC it's consistent then see what happens with Halo 5.

And thanks for responding Unyshek. A lot have people have complained about aim for a long time and it's great to know we are heard.

I think the reason this has taken off is because we've all experienced heavy aim but no one has been able to really prove it, even though those of us that have experienced it would bet our lives on it's existence. I did this because I just want to enjoy halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

But the PC version is just as fucked as the Xbox :(

Must be something with the engine.

The aiming on PC was pretty fantastic from what I remember. The game just didn't run amazingly if I'm remembering correctly. Framedrops here and there. I would pray that these are two separate issues, because if they're able to replicate PC's (controller) aiming then that would drastically improve the game.

The aiming on PC was pretty fantastic from what I remember. The game just didn't run amazingly if I'm remembering correctly. Framedrops here and there. I would pray that these are two separate issues, because if they're able to replicate PC's (controller) aiming then that would drastically improve the game.

Yeah I just read the rest of the thread and I have to agree. PC feels better than Xbone, but it's still worse than pretty much every other PC FPS out there because of the input lag and the aim acceleration (this might be a different issue than the phenomenon OP has discovered on the Xbone version )

The last time I played Halo 5 on PC was when that "fix" for the aiming as patched, the mouse aim still felt really bad. I wish I had tried the controller to test. 

I even tied it with a FoV and FPS mod. I had my frames locked at 120 no problem but I have a beast PC. 

What's the case with the aiming in previous halo's. Somebody needs to explain benefits of radial and grid aiming, maybe that plays a part too?

But nevertheless, this is the best explanation about heavy aiming, so far.

With regards to the rumble signal I have a few things I'd like to say. The aim seems move to either a or b and seems to do so for a period of time. So if it was because the signal is different then it would surely be more random instead of a for 5 tests in a row and b for another 5.

I have an old 360 and a copy of halo 2. What I would like to do tomorrow is take the vibration from the 360 controller instead and use that to trigger the movement. If I did that on both Halo 1 MCC it's consistent then see what happens with Halo 5.

And thanks for responding Unyshek. A lot have people have complained about aim for a long time and it's great to know we are heard.

I think the reason this has taken off is because we've all experienced heavy aim but no one has been able to really prove it, even though those of us that have experienced it would bet our lives on it's existence. I did this because I just want to enjoy halo.

The on screen coordinates can be activated for older Halo's as well (at least H4 and Reach, I think.) Let me know if you have problems finding the instructions for activating them for those games.

The on screen coordinates can be activated for older Halo's as well (at least H4 and Reach, I think.) Let me know if you have problems finding the instructions for activating them for those games.

Thanks. I will try that hopefully tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1