Mib2347

I have devised a way to demonstrate heavy aim

My thoughts are pretty much the same actually; that there are probably a thousand different things wrong with the aiming system and that it's not surprising that someone has a newfound insight into how broken it is lol.

it seems to me from the Snipedown tweets that rendering afects aiming.

it seems to me from the Snipedown tweets that rendering afects aiming.

What doesn't effect the aiming?

Last night was awful.  I should have stopped playing after the first couple games but thought, "maybe i just need to warm up?"

Nope.  christ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just wanted to drop this here for anybody (like me) that has or wants an arduino to play with.  I have had mine for a couple weeks and its been good fun.  Just got a few more parts and the best quality of life item so far has been this bad boy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYZOPR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cheap and simple but keeps your uno, mega or Pi nice and secure and makes moving it out of the way easy. Figured some people lurking in here might be interested in that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wanted to drop this here for anybody (like me) that has or wants an arduino to play with. I have had mine for a couple weeks and its been good fun. Just got a few more parts and the best quality of life item so far has been this bad boy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYZOPR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cheap and simple but keeps your uno, mega or Pi nice and secure and makes moving it out of the way easy. Figured some people lurking in here might be interested in that.

I'm definitely gonna get myself an arduino setup so this is good to know. From what I've seen there are so many cool projects.

Sosa baby is right, this is pathetic. It's taking so damn long for this update! Fuck man! H5 is boring as shit competively and casually because of this aiming issue. It should be fucking buttery smooth at all fucking times! This never should of been an issue to begin with 343! Hurry the fuck up! Sorry for my rage rant but I'm just tired of this.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Id rather they take their time and do it right. Its been almost 2 years, another few days wont hurt me. I havent played since may 5th though, waiting for this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright, I decided to dive into the Halo 5 aiming once again but I just wanted to make a quick video to try to describe and actually illustrate to people the difference in the feeling between the PC version and the Xbox version of Halo 5 and I wanted to test a hypothesis of mine that I've had for quite a while..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVWMs6_988

So in this video, I'm basically conducting a test to show that there appears to be some type of input delay (or lag) when you're releasing the stick. For the people that have commented on the PC version, you know what I'm talking about when I say that the PC version just feels a lot more precise. If you ever feel like your stick is "sliding" so to speak in the Xbox version, this video may be able to explain what you're experiencing.

I imagine that if you have a higher sensitivity and/or a higher aim acceleration, you may experience an exponential amount more of lag when the stick is released due to the reticule having to slow down longer from terminal velocity.

Now compound this issue with the fact there's currently a heavy aim fix being worked on that has to deal with "sampling" (not too sure what that means, but I imagine it has to do with the amount of geometry in LOS). There's also the varying server latency that you hear about all the time, even at the HCS events where players are tweeting that some matches feel like they're underwater and some don't.

I just wanted to make this video and gather your guy's thoughts on this and see what you guys think, because I've said it close to about 100 times already on here.. Halo 5 on PC feels an ass ton better than it does on Xbox. It's a huge difference between the two.

so technically heavy aim exist on the PC version it's just not noticeable.

so technically heavy aim exist on the PC version it's just not noticeable.

Hm? I'm not sure where you got that from. This wasn't about heavy aim.

This was to kind of point out the differences in the "sluggish" feeling you get on Xbox as compared to the PC version which feels a lot more precise. There's probably some heavy aim in the PC version I imagine though.

Hm? I'm not sure where you got that from. This wasn't about heavy aim.

This was to kind of point out the differences in the "sluggish" feeling you get on Xbox as compared to the PC version which feels a lot more precise. There's probably some heavy aim in the PC version I imagine though.

I say it like that because there's still inconsistentcies on the pc version of things. But on pc it's not nearly noticeable as much as console. But someone did mention earlier how compared to h1&2 aiming it's still ass even with a controller.

I say it like that because there's still inconsistentcies on the pc version of things. But on pc it's not nearly noticeable as much as console. But someone did mention earlier how compared to h1&2 aiming it's still ass even with a controller.

Halo 5's aiming in general is pretty bad, so you're correct. Compared to H1 and H2 is still worse, but the PC version feels pretty good in it's own entity though in my opinion. The Xbox version is just... Awful lol.

Hey wait a minute, did 343 make sensitivity dynamic based on the range of what ever you're looking at? Not only that but slower at close range and faster at long range?

This should be tested.

If so, holy shitballsre­tard... How could anyone actually think thats a good idea?

Pretty sure it is an illusion. He isn't moving his reticule the same amount of degrees when looking out. Also, the background isn't real and doesn't change size on the screen in accordance with distance so our feeble senses aren't going to perceive it correctly. 

There was another one SD did on Truth. If you play close attention on that one you can see it is the same. Not to say there isn't the possibility of a frame drop due to texture sizes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty it is an illusion. He isn't moving his reticule the same amount of degrees when looking out. Also, the background isn't real and doesn't change size on the screen in accordance with distance so our feeble senses aren't going to perceive it correctly.

There was another one SD did on Truth. If you play close attention on that one you can see it is the same. Not to say there isn't the possibility of a frame drop due to texture sizes.

interestingly enough when Ghost mentioned the new aim mechanic changes he said it be harder to aim at CQC.

interestingly enough when Ghost mentioned the new aim mechanic changes he said it be harder to aim at CQC.

He did. And there are many more major reasons for that that revolve around the actual aiming mechanics, movement mechanics, and weapon mechanics that can be verified as affecting this than something so speculative. Don't get me wrong, a lot about heavy aiming had been speculative. But there were many more plausible possibilities as to why the input didn't work correctly. Something with pre-rendered frames could potentially affect it. But implementing a high threshold that significantly affects an fps game to being with would require an insane level of incompetence. I do have at least a little trust in 343.

If it did end up being something with graphics, it would be the last time I ever purchased a 343 product. I'd probably just go pick up SC2 (A game that works) and get my shit pushed in. 

Can you test whether aiming changes based on what weapon you're holding? Br, dmr, pistol. It's always felt weird with the dmr.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can you test whether aiming changes based on what weapon you're holding? Br, dmr, pistol. It's always felt weird with the dmr.

Depends what you mean by that? On certain guns aiming feels different because that gun has different auto aim and such. In cod every gun has the same amount of auto aim. Hells even in past halos I believe every gun had somewhere between the same amount of aim assist, where few were different. Go use a BR or dmr and you can notice sleight differences in how you aim them. Some guns appear to have higher acceleration.  

I swear h5 has such crappy aim mechanics. Would love  an update after heavy aim that gives us the option to go back to the h5 beta aiming mechanics. Now this could be 100% fair since its fully optional. If you feel like you're better on h5s aim mechanics you can stay on that, but someone else feels they're better on the h5 beta style. Theres no advantage or disadvantage to having this as an option. This could make a lot of people including myself very happy. Also a 0 acceleration option would be appreciated. 

Depends what you mean by that? On certain guns aiming feels different because that gun has different auto aim and such. In cod every gun has the same amount of auto aim. Hells even in past halos I believe every gun had somewhere between the same amount of aim assist, where few were different. Go use a BR or dmr and you can notice sleight differences in how you aim them. Some guns appear to have higher acceleration.

Nothing to do with that. I literally mean turning my reticle with a dmr feels heavier than a pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1