Mib2347

I have devised a way to demonstrate heavy aim

they aint fixing this shit

They really have to though.

When Josh does those weekly matchmaking updates on waypoint a lot of the posts are complaining about heavy aim and server issues. Which is fair as it does ruin matchmaking for a lot of people, but it's not really the point of his threads. It seems like even the most casual players are experiencing heavy aim now and complaining about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When Josh does those weekly matchmaking updates on waypoint a lot of the posts are complaining about heavy aim and server issues. Which is fair as it does ruin matchmaking for a lot of people, but it's not really the point of his threads. It seems like even the most casual players are experiencing heavy aim now and complaining about it.

I think casual players have always been experiencing heavy aim,they just weren't aware of it until those posts on waypoint and Reddit were made.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think casual players have always been experiencing heavy aim,they just weren't aware of it until that post on waypoint and Reddit were made.

Right, they are going "oh so thats why it feels 'icky' sometimes.  Its not just because im bad"  Even if you can't aim becuase you are bad, it shoudl still "Feel" good to look around.

Interestingly i played a bunch of games the other day with a party of australians (im in New England) and the aiming was the best it has felt in a long ass time....  I'm really more confused than ever, i hope WHEN they fix this shit they give us a technical explanation as to what was going on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right, they are going "oh so thats why it feels 'icky' sometimes. Its not just because im bad" Even if you can't aim becuase you are bad, it shoudl still "Feel" good to look around.

Interestingly i played a bunch of games the other day with a party of australians (im in New England) and the aiming was the best it has felt in a long ass time.... I'm really more confused than ever, i hope WHEN they fix this shit they give us a technical explanation as to what was going on.

Same. I think after the hours we've all spent researching and posting here and on waypoint, and not to mention the controllers I've been through, we deserve an explanation. If it wasn't for Josh though we'd not even know they're trying to fix it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think casual players have always been experiencing heavy aim,they just weren't aware of it until that post on waypoint and Reddit were made.

That's probably more true. But I do think it's much worse now than it's ever been.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right, they are going "oh so thats why it feels 'icky' sometimes.  Its not just because im bad"  Even if you can't aim becuase you are bad, it shoudl still "Feel" good to look around.

Interestingly i played a bunch of games the other day with a party of australians (im in New England) and the aiming was the best it has felt in a long ass time....  I'm really more confused than ever, i hope WHEN they fix this shit they give us a technical explanation as to what was going on.

Did those Australians happen to be Benno and friends? Did you happen to ask them who their ISP was and if there was any changes they had made to their network? What time was this at? What day?

Just to update everyone. I haven't worked on this at all since my last post. I've actually been playing the game. It's been a while. 

yeah

they really had to fix MCC as well  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

This past week has been the worst state I have ever seen the game in. It began a day or two after the release of the new settings. Daytona is in two weeks. 

Daytona is the first event of the new season. This might sound overly hopeful, but I think it is probable they are re-assessing the servers with stress tests or are migrating some stuff to help the game. I have a hopeful feeling they will mention the servers or heavy aim before Daytona. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This past week has been the worst state I have ever seen the game in. It began a day or two after the release of the new settings. Daytona is in two weeks.

Daytona is the first event of the new season. This might sound overly hopeful, but I think it is probable they are re-assessing the servers with stress tests or are migrating some stuff to help the game. I have a hopeful feeling they will mention the servers or heavy aim before Daytona.

For me the game is absolutely fucked now. I get heavy aim between playlists, 5-10 seconds of lag where people stop moving, dropping out of games, all that bad stuff.

I hope your theory is correct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd chime in with my experiences with heavy aim last night.

I had roughly the same experience as Apoll0 did above. Although I'm from Australia and I was playing in the HCS playlist on expanded, I was matching with Americans all last night and the aiming was smoother then ever before. I was extremely confident in my shot and the aiming felt much 'tighter' and 'smoother'. 

I was then invited to some Australian customs and the aiming was god awful. It felt like there was some input delay looking around, like a 'loose' feeling. It's really hard to explain.

Essentially I went from:

Laggy foreign server with good aim.

to

Good local server with bad aim.

I'd also like to point out that each American server that I was connected to felt good for aiming, so there must be something wrong on the ANZ servers in relation to aiming? 

I love heavy aim, my thumbs are in great shape from all the Halo I've been playing.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I love heavy aim, my thumbs are in great shape from all the Halo I've been playing.

Even if this was a joke I still wouldn't find it funny​.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for creating such an excellent post! I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that our Sandbox team has seen this post, and is looking over it as we speak. Thanks again, Mib!

Fj2717AZkXluw.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

I think casual players have always been experiencing heavy aim,they just weren't aware of it until those posts on waypoint and Reddit were made.

Optics vision videos complaining about it (esp at worlds) probably made a few people aware of it as well.

Supposedly 343 have the solve for the heavy aim issue, they're just having a hard time pushing the fix out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/679lxv/matchmaking_feedback_update_april_24th/dh41c6a/?context=3

I don't think [it has to do with CPU, V-sync, or frame buffering], but I've only heard 3rd or 4rth hand reports of what it was.

Good strong 343 communication from top to bottom, I tell you h'what. 

• Upvote (+1) 1