Mib2347

I have devised a way to demonstrate heavy aim

You need to go post this on Reddit.Great job by the way.

I tried to post this on reddit but I delete my old account and the automod hid my post from a new account. Feel free to share it there though by all means.

holy shit.

I was trying to poke holes in this but the way you explain everything including the controller mods just removes any doubt.

holy shit.

Can you test this in a non-halo game that has good aiming like Destiny?

I don't have any other fps games but I would like to try it in a different game for consistency.

If you can think of anything I could do to improve it then let me know because I want to be sure. Ideally if other people did the mod then they could see for themselves too.

There's a thread on waypoint about heavy aim with almost 600 replies now I think and not a single one is from 343. I posted this all in there when I did it over the weekend.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/heavy-aiming-is-not-fixed/edc2890d-30a9-4242-8851-c474ac95a22f/posts?page=27

• Upvote (+1) 6

doing gods work. please also test other games (h3 might be interesting) and I hope the geniuses at 343 see this.

I threw it up on reddit.

I find it pretty unbelievable that 343 couldn't have done some tests like this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've tweeted this to Royal2, Frosty (the 2 who are super geeky with it) and Tashi hopefully someone will notice this, fantastic work I can't see any flaw with the testing.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Damn, and that's only a single input you were testing, now imagine trying to actually AIM with this shit. I'd be very interested in seeing how many shots it takes to do a full 360 degree turn (obviously it's going to go past 360 degrees and never exactly on it) and then run that test over and over to see how many bullets it varies by, I think that could be a pretty good way to visualize just how inconsistent it is unless there's a better way to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn, and that's only a single input you were testing, now imagine trying to actually AIM with this shit. I'd be very interested in seeing how many shots it takes to do a full 360 degree turn (obviously it's going to go past 360 degrees and never exactly on it) and then run that test over and over to see how many bullets it varies by, I think that could be a pretty good way to visualize just how inconsistent it is unless there's a better way to do it.

Yeah, the problem is also that it's so inconsistent too. A really bad server and just basic movement is a chore because of the aiming troubles. Doing it in various customs, with and without other people, is probably worth trying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would there be anyway to simulate a smaller deflection, but over a longer period of time?

Perhaps 50% stick movement for 2 seconds.

This would let us see any variation in how the cpu is interpreting inputs overtime...which is what we 'feel' as heavy aim.

Also, it would be cool if you could spawn facing a grid made with forge peices. That way we have a reference for making measurements. If different people are gonna test it out, they could all use the same forge map.

Im a nerd.

• Upvote (+1) 6

this is good stuff.  It would be interesting to see how this applies in relation to some of the points brought up in the waypoint thread.  Test alone then test with people joining from other regions, test on a smurf with no unlocks then on normal account etc.

Nice work

One of the things that I noticed which was very interesting was the way it over aimed. This was quite rare so it's less easy to notice in game. But we've all had that feeling where suddenly you can't get that final headshot and this could possibly be why.

It's totally ruined the game for me now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would there be anyway to simulate a smaller deflection, but over a longer period of time?

Perhaps 50% stick movement for 2 seconds.

This would let us see any variation in how the cpu is interpreting inputs overtime...which is what we 'feel' as heavy aim.

Also, it would be cool if you could spawn facing a grid made with forge peices. That way we have a reference for making measurements. If different people are gonna test it out, they could all use the same forge map.

Im a nerd.

I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to electronics so I don't think that I could personally figure out a way to input 50% turn. But it might be possible for someone who knows what they're doing which would be great if they could figure that out.

With regards to the forge maps then the op on waypoint (wu ip man) did suggest exactly what you've described. The only potential issue is that forge maps are known to be a bit broken so it might not be an ideal environment to test in. That said if someone created a map then I would gladly try it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

great job! its unbelievable (not really) that this is determined by poor coding in the game. great find

The only thing i can think of (and maybe you already confirmed this), but: this test assumes that the vibration for each shot w/ the same weapon lasts the exact same amount of time. i.e. there aren't multiple potential vibration responses you could get from the same weapon.

I don't THINK there are variable length vibrations from a single weapon in H5, but I just wanted to note this as it's technically an assumption, i believe.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You basically play the lottery every time you move the stick. And this is an FPS. Dear God how was I able to play this?

Because this didn't occur when the game came out. I think it started happening after the sensitivity update. Saw some other people say the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1