Sign in to follow this  
ripharambe

Opinions on spartan abilities besides sprint,and spartan charge.

That's the whole problem though, their sales haven't dived. Just post sales population. And why would they care about that after their pockets are already full.

Last I heard, Halo 5 didn't sell too well, nothing in comparison to previous Halos. What's the current Halo 5 population, like a couple hundred? Oh they will care when Halo 6 tanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's the whole problem though, their sales haven't dived. Just post sales population. And why would they care about that after their pockets are already full.

Their sales have indeed decreased significantly since the original trilogy, I honestly don't know how you could say otherwise man lol.

And why would they care about population? Population is extremely important for several reasons.

1. Their "pockets" are not full. That's not how development works. There are typically stakeholders/investors involved when it comes to software development. They're being paid while they're developing the game due to these investments and having statistical data that can prove to your investors that their ROI will be in their favor is a part of business. After the game is released, do you think that money also goes in their pockets? Lol mutual gain is what we call this.
  2. As population dwindles, changes need to occur in the game to accommodate said population (playlist changes, looser matchmaking requirements, etc. etc.) These types of changes take a lot out of the enjoyment of online multiplayer. Thus, further decreasing the population (interest) in the game.
  3. You need to keep an active interest in your title for subsequent titles/development. I'm assuming Halo 6 isn't coming out anytime soon, so there needs to be some type of Halo content available to keep people interested in the franchise.

I could name more, but these three pretty much hit the nail on the head but to say population doesn't matter couldn't be further from the truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Turn sprint off which will remove charge and slide. Honestly I'm fine with everything else. I like the movement that thrust would bring without sprint in the game, and I think ground pound is fine.

Frankly, I would remove most of them, because they all have problems and the marginal at best increase in practical "movement skill gap" isn't worth the mess they make of the controls. I'll just go through the list.

Sprint's problems have been discussed, obviously. Stretching maps, slowing down combat, game feel, etc. It needs to go.

Thrust actually manages to make sprint's pacing and escapability problems worse. It makes every other element of a decent strafe less important ("I don't have my thrust!!!!"). It makes aiming problems worse with the instantaneous movement in any direction. Thrust timing does very little to make fights more dynamic or skillful. All of the benefits of thrust could pretty much be replicated with some air control and a better strafe, which wouldn't require you to claw or use paddles to be functional. Accompany its removal with a massive decrease in bullet magnetism across the board and we're good to go.

Ground pound is stupid and I do not understand 343's obsession with buffing melee combat. It's not worth the jump melee delay and the movement options it offers don't accomplish much. It would also be less annoying without the fucking motion sensor enabled...

Spartan charge is idiotic. It's like they saw the sprint herp-derp double melee and thought it needed a buff. Only argument for keeping it is, again, "movement skill gap," for which it offers very little.

​I don't have a major problem with slide in theory, but it fucks up hitboxes in every game it is featured in. Cut it.

Stabilize seems unnecessary to me, but I don't see any real problem with it, aside from the incredibly awkward implementation with "smart-link." The holding jump mid-air suggestion could work. It could also be interesting with the air control I mentioned earlier).

Clamber would also be a minor annoyance if all of the maps weren't designed to make it seem more useful than it is. Personally, I would cut it, but if it has to stick around, I would go with something along the lines of what I recall Walshy suggesting back in 2015. Make it pretty much completely optional for the majority of jumps and skill jumps and actually INCREASE the time it takes to clamber. So, basically, it would be relegated to a soft punishment for missing your jumps (for noobs) or for some very specific routes that are potentially worth the animation for good players.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I doubt H5's sales are more than 7m, and thats being generous. Thats quite a drop from H3 numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With my limited experience in Halo 5 I think I am fine with slide and hover.

I would also be fine with clamber if it wasn't actually required for a single jump. Crouch jumping would have been the way to get up to every place, and clambering would have been your punishment for not managing the crouch jump. If crouch jumping is made this way, I might also be fine with thrusting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1