Bring Halo Back

Why I don't want a Halo 3 Anniversary!

I didn't play reach on backwards compatible. Did it play the same as the original or were parts of it messed up?

If it played the same, then I think that's a great idea to just release original h3 on backwards comp. 30 FPS and all, it's a guarantee to play identical to the game we all fell in love with and it's so easy for microsoft to release that rather than a remaster!

Yeah the frame rate was trash when Reach first released on XB1. They've updated it so it plays a bit more consistent, but there are still a lot more noticeable frame drops than the 360 version; which also contains a hefty amount of frame drops to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't play reach on backwards compatible. Did it play the same as the original or were parts of it messed up?

If it played the same, then I think that's a great idea to just release original h3 on backwards comp. 30 FPS and all, it's a guarantee to play identical to the game we all fell in love with and it's so easy for microsoft to release that rather than a remaster!

Yeah the frame rate was trash when Reach first released on XB1. They've updated it so it plays a bit more consistent, but there are still a lot more noticeable frame drops than the 360 version; which also contains a hefty amount of frame drops to begin with.

Yeah the frame rate was shit when reach was first made backwards compatible for the xbox one but it has been improved. I still want them to make halo 3 backwards compatible even if it has some minor issues becuz it will repopulate the game a little bit and ill still be playing it on 360. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach plays like crap on Xbox One.

It plays better than the Xbox 360 now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they make halo 3 backwards compatible and put it as a "Free Game with Gold" as well that would be amazing. A fully populated Halo 3 again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really? I play a lot of other games on the emulator and there isn't a single on where the emulation is better than the original.

I have no idea why Halo 3 hasn't been made backwards compatible yet.. There has to be a strategic reasoning behind it. I honestly see it being one of three things:

1. H3A (No I don't have an opinion either way on whether or not I think it will happen or not).
  2. They're trying to make sure it's stable before recently due to the magnitude of releasing the largest played title on XB1
  3. They're not going to release it because they believe it will cut into the population of MCC/Halo 5. Which is stupid because MCC is trash and Halo 5 is.. Well... Yeah.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I don't want it because we have MCC. Its really that splitscreen sucks in MCC, the multiplayer servers aren't that good and the sound is a bit wonky sometimes. Plus its nearly ten years old. It won't hold a large population like it once did. Same thing with Modern Warfare Remastered. However....if 343 can make it work really, REALLY well, then fine. Do it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I don't get why people are so excited about the 3rd release of the objective 3rd best Halo game, especially if they don't fix some of the inherent issues. (which they wouldn't) You've been able to play it for 10 years, and now you can on two different systems. You want ANOTHER release? MCC is like 95% H3 kids. You can go play that right now with your own kind. H3 kids ruined MCC (population/voting-wise), and now they selfishly want ANOTHER game for themselves. Come on. Can't have your cake and eat it to. Makes no sense to me.

But I will say that if H6 is a trash hero/pay-to-win shooter (which it probably will be), AND they fix some of H3's issues in a re-release, I wouldn't be opposed to it. At least we'd get a decent Halo game to play for once.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

No it doesn't. The aiming is fucked up. More fucked up than Halo 5 aiming even. I had to go back to the Xbox 360 version, where the aiming is perfect.

Theoretically (and so far practically) it is impossible for a game to play "the same" on one console as it does on another. You will always have slight differences in frame rate and the like (not to mention controller input differences), and especially if you are susceptible to such things it will always "feel" different.

I'm really jaded with Halo 3, because it's essentially all that gets picked anymore on MCC. That being said, I'll take any Halo game without sprint and abilities at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That being said, I'll take any Halo game without sprint and abilities at this point.

I suspect that for a lot of people, that's the only reason they want H3.

I don't want H3A because there is a 100% chance that 343 (or whoever they outsource it to) will screw it up. BC could be nice, but only if it has near to no problems. I probably wouldn't play it much, though. I got sick of Halo 3 back in the day because of how slow the gameplay was, and how focused it was on close combat. IMO, it was like playing Halo in a muddy pit (maybe that's why it had The Pit?).

For all its faults, Reach was a lot snappier and more long-range focused. Higher production values, too. Take out all the armour abilities except the jetpack, include better maps, nerf the DMR a bit, and add one more campaign mission, and you've got a solid Halo.

Take out all the armour abilities except the jetpack

No, that one especially, has to go.

But I agree with not wanting H3A because 343 will royally screw it up just like everything else they have done since taking over.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This video didn't really make mind changing points. Alot of them being, it wouldn't be the same because not as many people would play, or halo 3 on MCC was a disaster. When in reality of they made a working H3A I think the would be a huge increase in population. Also, H3 sucked on MCC because it wasn't their main focus. They made MCC mostly for H2A and blew it when they tried to add the rest of the games.

Another point he makes is about how different halos made by 343 are, as if 343 would change H3A to be some Spartan ability game, which just wouldn't happen. Ever.

Obviously H3A won't be exactly like H3, and it won't get the same response, but at the end of the day we would still be getting a new halo game that is actually halo.

I'd rather we wait until 343 has completely driven Halo into the ground and a studio like The Coalition takes over and makes a proper H3 remake.

3v4i will fuck up H3A. Guaranteed. Either by putting their own "spin" on it with garbage like hitmarkers, scope glint and 5s multi kills or they pull an MCC again and it just flat out doesn't work. No thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

6 maps(valhalla, snowbound, high ground, guardian, construct, narrows) for Halo 5 the correct/exact size.

Halo 3 BR REQ (Same reticule, much less auto-aim, spread not random)

Halo 3 Sniper Req ( same as above )

Halo 3 Brute Shot REQ because why not

Halo 3 set of theme'd playlist. TS, Doubles and Hardcore. Sprint and abilities removed. Including some forge maps of Pit etc.

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

6 maps(valhalla, snowbound, high ground, guardian, construct, narrows) for Halo 5 the correct/exact size.

Halo 3 BR REQ (Same reticule, much less auto-aim, spread not random)

Halo 3 Sniper Req ( same as above )

Halo 3 Brute Shot REQ because why not

Halo 3 set of theme'd playlist. TS, Doubles and Hardcore. Sprint and abilities removed. Including some forge maps of Pit etc.

Thoughts?

Interesting idea, but from an initial point of view I think there would just be a few issues with most of this.

With the maps, the only map that would honestly play well in Halo 5 would be Valhalla, which we already have if I'm not mistaken. There are actually (pretty well designed) remakes of all the other ones already and they play okay classic style settings, but the problems with these settings in combination with the Halo 3 BR start (which is what I assume you meant by the Halo 3 set of theme'd playlist, but please correct me if I'm wrong) is that if the H3 BR with spread, much less auto-aim, etc. would get absolutely shredded by all of the other weapons in H5. The only way to mitigate that would be to pretty much eliminate all of the weapons on map except for maybe shotgun, rockets, and sniper.

How would you set it up?