Sign in to follow this  
phil

How 343 Industries Treats Halo

Good god that last minute just put me in full-on nostalgia tilt.

It certainly creased a tear or two :( those old MLG events were so awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It certainly creased a tear or two :( those old MLG events were so awesome!

I miss going to them so much man lol.. You don't even know. 

I made a new thread, talking about this precisely, not trying to hijack or anything, I just wanted to outline a lot of things that were once obvious to us, but have been lost in the ether of this feedback loop that isn't changing anything. We need more youtube videos and tweets generating as large as numbers as we can manage being made and shared if we want 343 to actually care. CoD had to make 1000s of videos like this criticizing the game before the game changed back and they had about 1000 times more viewers. 

The Waypoint mods silence just about any feedback that doesn't gel with 343's design decisions... how is THAT beneficial to Halo?

I've come to the terms that the mods just simply do not like me over there. I'm now serving a week ban for cracking a joke that wasn't PC enough for their "everyone's a special butterfly" website. Can't say anything these days without offending somebody.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last clip actually hurt me, halo 2 and halo 3, were the golden days of halo......

This isn't circlejerk, this is loss. 

This is what loss is to the community 343, you get money, but we get failure, every.. fucking... year.

The Waypoint mods silence just about any feedback that doesn't gel with 343's design decisions... how is THAT beneficial to Halo?

I've come to the terms that the mods just simply do not like me over there. I'm now serving a week ban for cracking a joke that wasn't PC enough for their "everyone's a special butterfly" website. Can't say anything these days without offending somebody.

You know, the waypoint mods now decide which topics go up on most popular, so even if a post has 2 posts but it supports 343, it goes up. But if someone decides to talk about sprint, for example, it gets shoved down at the bottom. Can't lock it because it doesn't break the rules but, they just pretend it doesn't exist.

You know, the waypoint mods now decide which topics go up on most popular, so even if a post has 2 posts but it supports 343, it goes up. But if someone decides to talk about sprint, for example, it gets shoved down at the bottom. Can't lock it because it doesn't break the rules but, they just pretend it doesn't exist.

Right, like it doesn't even matter if you have a new perspective on a certain topic. Your post will be locked and you'll be told to go post in the "official thread" where your post will get lost in a wall of text.

You made a cool video? Cool, go post it in the dark corner of the forums where nobody is going to see it!

The way they run things over there is so dumb. And the number of users over there that also think that they're moderators, as if the "Waypoint global moderation task force" isn't already heavy handed enough with the lock/ban button... I've started reporting all of the wannabes for trolling. I'd do it to the mods too, because they're trolls, but it wouldn't do any good.

It's just funny how much of a big deal they seem to think they are. And the number of topics too where they've ganged up on me when I try to propose solutions to benefit all Halo players, it's laughable.

They don't understand what matters, and they're out of touch with how perceptions of Halo have declined over the years. Everything 343/Microsoft says about Halo being a success is gospel and "shame on you," if you propose real solutions and demand a higher standard...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right, like it doesn't even matter if you have a new perspective on a certain topic. Your post will be locked and you'll be told to go post in the "official thread" where your post will get lost in a wall of text.

You made a cool video? Cool, go post it in the dark corner of the forums where nobody is going to see it!

The way they run things over there is so dumb. And the number of users over there that also think that they're moderators, as if the "Waypoint global moderation task force" isn't already heavy handed enough with the lock/ban button... I've started reporting all of the wannabes for trolling. I'd do it to the mods too, because they're trolls, but it wouldn't do any good.

It's just funny how much of a big deal they seem to think they are. And the number of topics too where they've ganged up on me when I try to propose solutions to benefit all Halo players, it's laughable.

They don't understand what matters, and they're out of touch with how perceptions of Halo have declined over the years. Everything 343/Microsoft says about Halo being a success is gospel and "shame on you," if you propose real solutions and demand a higher standard...

I also requested a ban appeal where I got banned for saying, "But you have a 0.94 KD in halo 5, so throwing grenades to counter sprint isn't really working out for you". LITERALLY

Apparently, it goes under stat-flaming but whatever, that's bullshit.

So, I go to the ban appeal page, which hasn't been updated for 3 years. It asks me to send a PM to the account and saying I should get a response. 1 year later, no response.

I PM'd the mod to ask what was going on and he proceeded to block me.

Fuck waypoint,

• Upvote (+1) 1