CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seriously though I figured i'd say this since my last post relates to it, Lunch is actually really fkn good. Whenever I watch his stream or rebroadcast it's pretty obvious to me how good he still is. He consistently makes good fundamental plays and high percentage plays. Also he for some reason can have the best shot ever idk how.

these are the things I wish the casters mention/talk about more since decision making is the basis for winning the game imo. While the flashy play that they talk about more is a product of the decision making.

Seriously though I figured i'd say this since my last post relates to it, Lunch is actually really fkn good. Whenever I watch his stream or rebroadcast it's pretty obvious to me how good he still is. He consistently makes good fundamental plays and high percentage plays. Also he for some reason can have the best shot ever idk how.

That confuses me more than anything when I watch him play. He'll choke the easiest shots in the world sometimes and then 5 seconds later hit the shots you don't expect anyone to hit normally

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just watched the CE speed run for GDQ. It's insane how much skill and precision is needed to pull off times like that; the speedrun community is really passionate, and I hope 343 pays some more attention to them in the future. CE got 150k viewers and tons of donations.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Main reason why I think Towey should get in the booth more, we need minds like his on the mic who can talk methodically. Any tom dick and harry can play by play, no one wants that any more, you need play by play for solid hype moments and to drive conversation, the rest needs to be a desconstructive convo of whats going on in the game/series as a whole.

I really like how Monte and Doa approach Overwatch casting.

They talk about general formations for defensive/offensive point defense during action lulls, and they don't try to narrate the action -- the action really narrates itself.  During hype moments, Doa will take over as PBP hype man and talk about ult usage and results of ults, but individual kills are glossed over outside of things like big snipes or Tracer duel wins or picks that will trigger an aggressive push into the enemy team.

While there's not as much lull time in Halo that can allow for these more informative breakdowns, letting the color/analyst riff about the map for a bit over standard pace action could go so far for making the game more understandable for the average viewer and more interesting for the more advanced viewer.  PBP takes over in hype moments, big kills, big plays, et cetera.

If we're watching a player push into a base on Coli Flag from Elbow, I want to hear about where his teammates are/should be for him to make a play on the flag, or if he should simply push past the flag and get damage on players before making an objective play.  I don't want to hear "Oh he grabs the flag."  I want to hear WHERE he should take it, and why.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think CoD has really good casters as well. They do a great job of breaking positions/spawns/streaks and how the streaks match up vs other players, all while not forgetting the action

• Upvote (+1) 5

Any tom dick and harry

Did you just shame 3 of the best casters in Halo

Tom - T2

Dick - Richard - Simms

Harry - Wonderboy

I actually think Wonderboy does a good job of explaining the play by play instead of just saying what's happening

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think CoD has really good casters as well. They do a great job of breaking positions/spawns/streaks and how the streaks match up vs other players, all while not forgetting the action

Yup, the cod guys are starting to really push the boundaries. There rapport and understanding of the game is touching LoL standard and its a real pleasure to watch both proessionally, knowledgeably and the fun/personal banter shines through. But again you wouldn't expect any less as these guys work on it every day and are casting it almost every week. Cod overall is just pushing everything up and raising the bar, it and the people behind cod esports are doing gods work for console esports.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

good shit @HCS you guys really killed it with the community support!

oh wait nvm, i thought this was "The official Twitter account of the Halo Championship Series, Halo esports, and competitive multiplayer."

boom roasted

also i appreciate all the love guys but when you show me love can you not hate on someone else in the process, it makes me feel uncomfortable ❤

I bet the MCC patch intern is running the HCS twitter account.

I just watched the CE speed run for GDQ. It's insane how much skill and precision is needed to pull off times like that; the speedrun community is really passionate, and I hope 343 pays some more attention to them in the future. CE got 150k viewers and tons of donations.

343 can barely keep up with what makes Halo, Halo. 

Gamescom, aka, the only Halo 5 event to feature no radar. :mj:

best event ever.

I sat in the audience and as soon as the gameplay started the guys who sat before me fell asleep and snored.

Nothing told me more about H5 than this

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Right in the feels :^)

On the topic of pairings... 1000% agree. pairs should stick from event to event, not mix and match. Having set pairs would familiarize the audience with the voices & casting style and also improve the casting as the duos learn each others nuances as they build chemistry. My duo's would be

Simms & Ghost

T2 & Elam

Side & Walshy

Onset & myself

Said it many times on my stream that Simms & Ghost are a tier 1 duo honestly, the voices just go hand in hand, Ghost's analysis is succinct and also knows how to do hype analysis.

Also can't say enough - F U L L T I M E O B S E R V E R S. The casting gets worse when you have to POV switch, and the POV switching gets worse when you have to cast. Rotate one caster from a duo as an observer as a bare minimum if TOs aren't willing to hire full time observers. I'd give up casting to POV switch for other casters in Halo. I can't think of another esport that has the casters control the POVs for the main stream.

Add lethal as a perma desk analyser to this list and its lit boys
  • Upvote (+1) 9

best event ever.

I sat in the audience and as soon as the gameplay started the guys who sat before me fell asleep and snored.

Nothing told me more about H5 than this

Wasnt there like 2x Storm rifle, 2x Smg and Saw on Empire ?

i love mediabrute but i'm not a big fan of how EU runs their brand and their hype beast self promotion obsessed owners

i'm a fan of more professional (aka boring) orgs

• Upvote (+1) 7