CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

am I the only one that cringed when he read this?

I dunno why you were cringing when Strongside read that tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MLG? We don't operate these events. We send a team to help with brackets (Adriana), some of our talent (Benson and Blaze), and a team to help capture shoulder content. Everything else is operated by the TO. I also regret using the phrase strike team earlier because quite frankly that is corny as fuck.

It was your time to contribute to the meme pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was your time to contribute to the meme pool. 

I'll take the L. Do your worst Mediabrute. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

These Gears skins commercials >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

WE NEED THAT.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm just skeptical of MLG.tv, and if Halo were to go back to being run by MLG, if it would be exclusive there. The COD streams on MLG tv have been great so far, just afraid of Halo potentially not growing due to tournaments being streamed on MLG.tv exclusively. I've heard mostly good things about the in-person aspects of MLG events, and hope that we can at least get a few MLG lans (and their COD LAN League structure sounds amazing, and hope for Halo to have something like that in the future.)

personally i think we need advertising more than twitch at this point. i think it would be wise to move from twitch slowly, but proper advertising between mlg and the orgs would ensure that any drop off is minimal or nonexistant

at the end of the day whether we have esl, mlg, or someone else i think we can all agree that we need someone with passion and a good understanding of advertising and social media  running things. what we have now is lackluster and underwhelming. we should be done "growing" and "we'll do better next time" has been over promised and under delivered. i want to be able to be proud of halo again and not feel like i have to make excuses for audio issues, super late nights/early mornings, or be known for those balloons. i dont care who does it and if its esl, i will back them 100%. but lets not pretend that we dont need a change and since a lot of us first saw halo through mlg, its natural that we gravitate to that again. not only is it nostalgia for the glory days, but recognition of the great things they are doing for worse games

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was it a free hot pocket or did you have to pay for an undercooked hot pocket?

It was free
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It was free

Well I guess it could have been an overcooked hot pocket you paid for so there's always that

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so confused. Reiku seems to watch all of these tournament streams for various games, yet also vociferously rallies against any sort of change from the base game. Kind of hard to reconcile someone being into esports and not wanting to see the games be adjusted to improve balance as the metagame develops. *shrug*

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm so confused. Reiku seems to watch all of these tournament streams for various games, yet also vociferously rallies against any sort of change from the base game. Kind of hard to reconcile someone being into esports and not wanting to see the games be adjusted to improve balance as the metagame develops. *shrug*

I was just thinking this. He seems so against competitive settings and pro players but appears to watch Esports. Could just be a troll.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Gears of War is such a bad esport to watch for people who didn't play the game. I did play Gears 2 and 3 though and still don't understand a fuck of what's happening. Also all the tweets on Gears Esports' twitter are inflated by bot accounts retweeting them for some reason.

Gears of War is such a bad esport to watch for people who didn't play the game. I did play Gears 2 and 3 though and still don't understand a fuck of what's happening. Also all the tweets on Gears Esports' twitter are inflated by bot accounts retweeting them for some reason.

I've never played Gears and it is pretty easy to understand. 5v5 action. Three hills to capture. Place able weapons. If you cap three hills at once you automatically win. Shotguns are favored but hard to hit with which makes getting multi kills impressive. ARs are used for suppressing people at range. Snipers aren't used a lot but awesome when you see multi-kills. Grenade tosses are work.

That's just my rambles but its what goes on and I've been watching for a few months. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never played Gears and it is pretty easy to understand. 5v5 action. Three hills to capture. Place able weapons. If you cap three hills at once you automatically win. Shotguns are favored but hard to hit with which makes getting multi kills impressive. ARs are used for suppressing people at range. Snipers aren't used a lot but awesome when you see multi-kills. Grenade tosses are work.

That's just my rambles but its what goes on and I've been watching for a few months.

All games eventually become easy to understand if you watch them regularly. I was able to understand very fast other Gears I didn't play, but this one I just can't, the game moves way too fast and it's too hectic. I also prefer the slayer gametype Gears used to use for esports, way more fun than this strongholds version.

That's probably what happens to people who have never played Halo 5 before, and imo it's a problem with most FPS except maybe Call of duty because that game is so basic it sucks.

All games eventually become easy to understand if you watch them regularly. I was able to understand very fast other Gears I didn't play, but this one I just can't, the game moves way too fast and it's too hectic. I also prefer the slayer gametype Gears used to use for esports, way more fun than this strongholds version.

That's probably what happens to people who have never played Halo 5 before, and imo it's a problem with most FPS except maybe Call of duty because that game is so basic it sucks.

Halo5 is very easy to understand because of the pace and clarity. New viewers always seem to praise it
  • Upvote (+1) 5

In which of those quotes am I bringing up ancient MLG issues to deflect from current HCS issues? Most of them are just snarky shots at the people who think MLG would save everything. According to you I do this deflection stuff every day and yet the closest quote you can find to that is me reminding everyone that the God Squad could have been Final Boss if MLG hadn't interfered. I'm glad they stayed Instinct and think MLG made the right call there. You make it sound like every time something bad happens in HCS, I immediately start going off about chairs and Octoshape and premium passes and Hot Pockets and whatever the fuck else.

RE: the open bracket quote -

So I can't explain to somebody why events run longer with the open bracket being streamed without the MLG defense force getting triggered? It wasn't even meant to be a negative comment towards MLG. I'm sick of Open Bracket Friday and wish they'd do the whole thing (or at least the first few rounds) off stream like they did in the MLG days. Absolutely no one wants to watch Rick Dippers vs Demon D's version of Believe the Hype in Open Winners Round 1 to kick off a stream. It's the opposite of hype.

I honestly don't mind the occasional post about it, as it's important to bring up issues in the past - but at times it just comes off as an agenda. Apologies if my post may have offended you with the actual posts you have used, but like I've said in previous post - this is more than a pattern at this point. I get it, circlejerks suck, but coming out of left field brings nothing to the table either.

It's just an observation man. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but I read this thread too much for my own good and pick up on patterns, just like you apparently do with my coordinated attacks on MLG. Some of "you and a few others" posts almost feel like timed tweets. "Hey guys, random, but doesn't the HCS really fucking suck?" "Random I know, but remember that time ESL..." "throwback to that one event in 2012 where Halo was fighting for its life and the fans got a really good chant going. All MLG events were like this!".

When the forum is set up in the "single general discussion thread" format and the staff are making distinct efforts to shift the conversation in that one thread towards negative circlejerks about the same fucking thing every day, I can't help but feel that there's some sort of an agenda in place.

I just think after 2 1/2 years we would have progressed so much more than we have, and I'm sure most of the community would agree. There's no legit beef, we just feel Halo should be in a better place at this point. Like I've said countless time, the only thing saving the HCS at this point is the prize pool and nothing else. It just sucks to see a hobby I've put so much time into these last 10+ years mismanaged as it is with a previous blueprint. I'm not even mad at this point, I'm just disappointed.

But yea, like you said if you want to continue this convo hit me up in the PM'sBeyond%20Smiley.png

Great talk, back to Gears.

For me it took about an event but I didn't find it hard to get into. Disorienting at first but once I breathed and learned I enjoyed the intricacies of it. It's nowhere like Overwatch.