CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think @@Yiws said that it would be up to the pros if the AR is reintroduced into HCS and it probably won't be.

Yes, I did mention that here and that information is from Tashi directly. Autos will only be implemented if the pros are in favor of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

22* People still like me for another 2 months and then it's all downhill

I don't know why but I keep on being amazed that most pros are slightly older than me. Like they're the best in the world at something and I'm just me but we're around the same age
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why but I keep on being amazed that most pros are slightly older than me. Like they're the best in the world at something and I'm just me but we're around the same age

I feel the same way about 2gre. I still can't backpack reload and BXR to save my life and a decade has passed. I try not to think about it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Cratos's new team relegating Ronin would be the crowning moment of Halo 5

Insane levels of Hype

That would be great. OTOH, if they not only beat Ronin, but also make Pro League instead of Oxygen or Str8, get ready for insane levels of  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 5

That would be great. OTOH, if they not only beat Ronin, but also make Pro League instead of Oxygen or Str8, get ready for insane levels of :salt:

If Cratos makes Pro League and Ryannoob doesn't This Forum would implode.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Deez, a 343 employee, has answered a question regarding Shibby, a former MLG employee.

Am I drunk, or is that  :intel: ?

Probably neither.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fyi you get a free 10ft braided cable when you buy a scuf from Amazon. But you have to remember to add it to the cart, and it will subtract automatically. A lot of idiots leaving bad reviews because they didn't get the cable, but I bet they didn't add it to the cart

I really want to see the population numbers from H5's release to present.  Are we actually at a point where our player base is so small that we have to resort to essentially merging ranked and social matchmaking?

this, imho, should be a next step rather than a first step.

Wait times are a problem because we've got a small player base diluted even further by the number of available play types (11 social play types; by which I mean, "not ranked", so I'm including Warzone, and 7 Ranked playtypes).  Reduce the number of available playtypes, and push people into a smaller space for a while and the matchmaking system has a larger pool to select from. It'll be painful for some, potentially losing their favourite - but relatively under subscribed play type - , but I'd guess most would appreciate quicker matching.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wait times are a problem because we've got a small player base diluted even further by the number of available play types (11 social play types; by which I mean, "not ranked", so I'm including Warzone, and 7 Ranked playtypes).  Reduce the number of available playtypes, and push people into a smaller space for a while and the matchmaking system has a larger pool to select from. It'll be painful for some, potentially losing their favourite - but relatively under subscribed play type - , but I'd guess most would appreciate quicker matching.

I will delete the game if they remove the HCS playlist. Literally can't stand playing anything else. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait times are a problem because we've got a small player base diluted even further by the number of available play types (11 social play types; by which I mean, "not ranked", so I'm including Warzone, and 7 Ranked playtypes). Reduce the number of available playtypes, and push people into a smaller space for a while and the matchmaking system has a larger pool to select from. It'll be painful for some, potentially losing their favourite - but relatively under subscribed play type - , but I'd guess most would appreciate quicker matching.

I could see a system where the first thing you pick is ranked or social and the playlists per hopper have a lot of overlap. The question at this point is do you value matchmaking quality or the sanctity of ranked play more?

Personally, i still think that the only ranked lists should be HCS, FFA and 2v2 but if the population cant support a quality bar high enough, this is a good second option.

I will delete the game if they remove the HCS playlist. Literally can't stand playing anything else. 

Ahh - apologies - I didn't make myself very clear; I wasn't talking about removing the HCS playlist.. (jeez, what you take me for?!? ;-) ) Instead of merging social and ranked, they look at which play types within the social and ranked silos could be merged - ranked Team Arena and Slayer, for example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that the ranked playlists should be fewer, but they should cater to as wide as an audience as possible.

HCS is a mainstay, your most hyper competitive settings should have their own ranked hopper as this game has shown that you can try and make the game as close to out of the box ready for eSports, but Halo just needs a bit of tweaking to keep the competitive integrity there.

2v2 and FFA are musts, because in my opinion the skill level and set for these are varied enough and high enough to warrant a ranking.

Arena needs to stay in my opinion, because at the end of the day, not everyone has the same preferences and ideals as us when it comes to competitive Halo. I feel like a ranked playlist that mirrors out of the box settings wont cause as much as a divide as to worry. I dont know how yo explain, i just feel like there should be a ranked playlist that has objective and slayer modes but is still competitive, just not as full on as HCS would be.

I like variety, i just also prefer to have a strict core of ranked playlists.

Could always bring back double exp weekends to rotate social playlists though. Who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just cant imagine currently how our eco-system and playerbase will look if they do return, mainly because of how good the settings are at present without them.

All I know is, I feel like I fall on the more forgiving side of Halo fans. I've generally been a "meh, it's not ideal but the game is still fun" kind of person.

After seeing how well the current HCS settings work, there's a 0% chance I don't drop the franchise if they add autos and radar back.

• Upvote (+1) 1