CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've seen you mention this a few times. What is it about the game that makes you feel that way? Apologize if you've elaborated on your feelings earlier and I missed it.

if KoTH, Assault and Oddball could be brought in that would make things interesting again.

One thing I really liked about Halo Reach were the daily and weekly in game challenges, stuff like that makes people grind matchmaking, especially if you add better rewards like skins, assassinations, emblems etc. 

just my opinion

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've seen you mention this a few times. What is it about the game that makes you feel that way? Apologize if you've elaborated on your feelings earlier and I missed it.

Generic gameplay first and foremost. H5 plays so similar to other games that it just got super boring.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just wanna say I appreciate you coming here and trying to gather some feedback from our tiny corner of the internet.

I just want to second this. We've given you and 343 a lot of grief for never talking to us and im really happy that you're here talking to us.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

if KoTH, Assault and Oddball could be brought in that would make things interesting again.

One thing I really liked about Halo Reach were the daily and weekly in game challenges, stuff like that makes people grind matchmaking, especially if you add better rewards like skins, assassinations, emblems etc. 

just my opinion

adding oddball/koth and some solid cosmetic microtransactions is a great idea. not sure why it hasnt been done

• Upvote (+1) 2

Generic gameplay first and foremost. H5 plays so similar to other games that it just got super boring.

There are way too many people advocating for more game types like KoTH, oddball, and assault for HCS. While I get that Halo's competitive scene has generally revolved around multiple game modes, good competitive games like Rocket League or CSGO only require one game type to appease the audience. At the moment, Halo 5 feels extremely stale to play with all the issues of Spartan abilities, weapon upgrades on the map, horrific bullet magnetism, and the general meta on team shooting.

We have to fix the core gameplay issues such as these if we're gonna make any long term progress on player retention for the competitive scene without wasting so much money for prize pools.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There are way too many people advocating for more game types like KoTH, oddball, and assault for HCS. While I get that Halo's competitive scene has generally revolved around multiple game modes, good competitive games like Rocket League or CSGO only require one game type to appease the audience. At the moment, Halo 5 feels extremely stale to play with all the issues of Spartan abilities, weapon upgrades on the map, and the general meta on team shooting.

We have to fix the core gameplay issues such as these if we're gonna make any long term progress on player retention for the competitive scene without wasting so much money for prize pools.

The halo esports audience will always crave multiple gametypes. That's just part of its DNA.

The key to player retention in the competitive scene is having the game be fun at all levels of play. For Halo that means addressing the gamemode situations and the design/mechanical issues.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This Faceit tournament for CSGO has music that sounds like the old MLG music and i love it lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm not allowed at r/halo but have fun for me!

Snip3down posted a video on r/halo a year ago and got 0 upvotes/comments rip.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It would also be nice if I could consistently play with a team of 4 without a player getting dropped from the lobby before the map loads or having people automatically leave the lobby after the game.  It's extremely frustrating.

Same things as others. Same maps for too long that aren't iconic. I probably could've played h2 maps for 10 years but these are eh. There's also nothing to look forward to. What's coming next and when is it coming? It feels like a fight just to get fixes. New content that competitive community would enjoy feels like a lost hope at this point.

Another way of thinking about it...What makes food stale? It doesn't get eaten fast enough (usually because it isn't the best option to solve your hunger) and after it sits for certain period of time it's stale. H5 has been sitting for a long time at this point

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm not allowed at r/halo but have fun for me!

They never unbanned you? Jesus.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll add...fun and friends. H1-3 (especially after they removed most equipment) was basically simple to learn and hard to master. H5 is hard to learn. I need a game that motivates other people I know to play and to get better. In the early games if you lost a fight you knew why you got outshot (or lag...at least that's why I always died). Aiming and hit detection in this game just doesn't give me the satisfaction and feeling of improvement that I got from past titles. It feels like the bullets are about 3x bigger than the reticle which means I get rewarded when I know I shouldn't. Which cheapens the experience and desire to improve

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also would be nice if the shots registered when they were supposed to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tyrant flag was fun, the problem was auto camping in the hallways. New radar and no autos would make it play a lot better

I don't agree that it'd be a good gametype, but at least you have sound reasoning behind wanting to try.

I can't neg for wanting to try strange gametypes on Tyrant, either, since I'm the one that thinks Tyrant could actually work for Ricochet, since there's no mid-to-goal sightlines, three-four lanes (so you have to win individual battles to push and have to spread to cover lanes), and enough 'tease' to encourage players to go for the dunk instead of the lay-up.