CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The servers have been horrible today :uncledrew:

Then I hope you didn't tip them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I don't think T2 has said anything about it tonight, but every now and then he discusses player mechanics. However, he often just talks about menial stuff like YYing nades. I wish instead he would talk about stuff like thrust bumps, bum jumps, even basic stuff like the rail gun early shot or proper use of stabilize. In a mechanic heavy game, glossing over stuff like that isn't great analysis. T2 is still the best commentator we have, but that doesn't mean he can't improve.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Liquid's starting strat on Rig was freakish. It's so rare you see blue team even manage to get the grab on invis off the break. Fair enough they didn't get away with it, but still something worth pointing out.

So, I don't think T2 has said anything about it tonight, but every now and then he discusses player mechanics. However, he often just talks about menial stuff like YYing nades. I wish instead he would talk about stuff like thrust bumps, bum jumps, even basic stuff like the rail gun early shot or proper use of stabilize. In a mechanic heavy game, glossing over stuff like that isn't great analysis. T2 is still the best commentator we have, but that doesn't mean he can't improve.

Thrust conservation

Thrust mixups

Button combos (Grenade thrusting, frame 1 Magnum shots)

Jumps/slides/routes

There are a ton of cool mechanics in H5 that just are completely glossed over by our "analysts"

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally I wish they'd talk about deeper meta stuff like...

Okay, last night when TL blew that Coli TS game -- Zane pushed window while TL had neither base.  That's a huge no-no, because it means you have zero pressure on the area of the map that you're exposing your back to.  Eco was in Red Fountain.  For SubZero to be able to make the play he made, Stellur and/or Ace would have to be flying at Blue to pressure Zane's counter.  But neither of them were in position to do that, so it was a completely bad play from SubZero.

Map pressure and counterpressure is something that's completely ignored on the part of Halo casters, and it's one of the largest parts of the team game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Personally I wish they'd talk about deeper meta stuff like...

Okay, last night when TL blew that Coli TS game -- Zane pushed window while TL had neither base. That's a huge no-no, because it means you have zero pressure on the area of the map that you're exposing your back to. Eco was in Red Fountain. For SubZero to be able to make the play he made, Stellur and/or Ace would have to be flying at Blue to pressure Zane's counter. But neither of them were in position to do that, so it was a completely bad play from SubZero.

Map pressure and counterpressure is something that's completely ignored on the part of Halo casters, and it's one of the largest parts of the team game.

I really wish they'd pull out the telestrator for stuff like this instead of a 15 min break. Take 5 minutes to discuss a situation like that and really break down the game. I know its a slower game but its something i really like about LoL

• Upvote (+1) 2

That Coli standoff for the 2-2 tie by Optic was some of the highest skill level Halo I've ever seen. 

I really wish they'd pull out the telestrator for stuff like this instead of a 15 min break. Take 5 minutes to discuss a situation like that and really break down the game. I know its a slower game but its something i really like about LoL

Yeah instead of HW2 adds something like the analyst desk from the EU lan last year is what should happen. Two birds with one stone type of deal

That Coli standoff for the 2-2 tie by Optic was some of the highest skill level Halo I've ever seen. 

Snakebite getting the return for Optic's second cap was perfection.

Remember when ryanoob shit on ace for being on this team looks like it worked out pretty well

• Upvote (+1) 5