CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At this point I'm just praying Halo 6 doesn't have sprint.

un fortunately it probably will. i think its been stated before that halo 6 will build off halo 5's mechanics. honestly at this point, im less worried about sprint and more concerned with stable servers and proper aim

• Upvote (+1) 3

Our team cut that for the Gears program as part of our stewardship of the program. We work with the Coalition on ecosystem design, tournament scheduling, asset creation, shoulder content, online tournament ops, sanctioning, and tournament ops. We also send a strike team to all global partner events to help them operate: their success is the program's success.

And it shows. The way Gears Pro Circuit is run and handled is much better than the HCS.

343 fucking up doesn't really surprise me anymore

It's actually way more of a surprise if they do something correctly.

Ya, I'm to the point that unless halo 6 is actually halo or h3a is announced that my xbone won't ever be used again. It's already been turned off since December and even then it was just a short MCC session.

Right there with you guys. I'll play the Halo 6 campaign, but that's pretty much all that I would use it for if the MP is pathetic like this one and Halo 4 before it.

At this point I'm just praying Halo 6 doesn't have sprint.

If Halo 6 has a ton of bullshit gimmicks including sprint, I'm going to commit myself to growing a niche scene with legit settings that will make it feel like a real Halo game. I know we've got Halo 5 evolved, but we need something more. Community-hosted tournaments etc. It's hard to just sit back and watch this scene just get worse and worse because the games are pitiful.

And it shows. The way Gears Pro Circuit is run and handled is much better than the HCS.

Almost any other legitimate esports circuit is handled better than HCS. HCS is bottom of the barrel for AAA type esports games. 

I love this content. 

I dont even know this guy, but I felt a connection with his story and I want him to win. (Which is the point).

This is why I'm a fan of Optic more than any other team, their vlogs/YT videos makes you feel like you're their friend and makes you want to root for them and be part of the green wall. 

As great as it is to make "tips and tricks for Halo" I would much rather watch the teams personality shine through, since I don't game as much as I do anymore, I watch the scene for personality more so than 'who has better skill'. Of course skill is a huge part, but the personality makes the games that much more exciting to watch and root for.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would rather have p2p instead of "dedicated" servers in the future. I get better connections on MCC and HR that have less than half the population of H5. This is dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's a budgetary issue, then why is the world's tournament the only one affected by it? Of all the venues used so far in 2017, only one was garbage tier. The 3 announced venues are guarunteed to be amazing, and prize pools are increasing for opens.

Because it's the only tourney with a million dollar prize pool. Add to the fact that they paid travel for 12 teams, the budget was obviously smaller for other things than it normally would have been.

Obviously 343 was fine with the venue given the circumstances. They could have easily vetoed it but they didn't.

So if Pro league starts next month why are they not releasing the information this week and when are the qualifaction LAN going to be (they better not be online).

I think this is starting way too early it should start in May so we have time to get the settings sorted, have the qualification events and the new teams are sorted.

Because it's the only tourney with a million dollar prize pool. Add to the fact that they paid travel for 12 teams, the budget was obviously smaller for other things than it normally would have been.

Obviously 343 was fine with the venue given the circumstances. They could have easily vetoed it but they didn't.

The prize pool $ comes from 343, the venue doesn't.

Even if this was the case, why would it make sense to prioritize the venue of open tournaments, over the venue of the most important tournament of the year? If Budget was a problem then you downsize elsewhere.

So if Pro league starts next month why are they not releasing the information this week and when are the qualifaction LAN going to be (they better not be online).

I think this is starting way too early it should start in May so we have time to get the settings sorted, have the qualification events and the new teams are sorted.

Bro the pro league teams are set. They been set since December.

Only thing they haven't announced is giving splyce the 8th spot

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I would rather have p2p instead of "dedicated" servers in the future. I get better connections on MCC and HR that have less than half the population of H5. This is dumb.

Should have both. Dedicated servers are cool if you live near one. But so many people don't.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the UMG prize pool needs to be increased.

Supposedly the REQ pack crowdfunding that was originally going to go to HWC is going to be redistributed to open events.

Hoping to see an update to the prize pool.

If I saw some information about crowdfunding and Str8/LG skins over the next few days, I'd be ecstatic.

Bro the pro league teams are set. They been set since December.

Only thing they haven't announced is giving splyce the 8th spot

They should give Splyce the spot since they out placed several pro league teams at worlds but I kinda doubt that they will and that's still not enough time to get new settings ironed out and for the teams to test them/offer feedback.

The prize pool $ comes from 343, the venue doesn't.

Even if this was the case, why would it make sense to prioritize the venue of open tournaments, over the venue of the most important tournament of the year? If Budget was a problem then you downsize elsewhere.

343 gives them the money to work with. And again, open events need larger venues to fit more teams, and they have significantly lower prize pools. Worlds was an invitational, for only 12.

The budget was smaller all around. Even the prize pool was smaller. Obviously the money wasn't the same. If 343 didn't like the venue, they could have easily said so. If you look at other eSports, ESL always has huge venues for big events. What's the difference here?

They should give Splyce the spot since they out placed several pro league teams at worlds but I kinda doubt that they will and that's still not enough time to get new settings ironed out and for the teams to test them/offer feedback.

Alg broke up. I doubt they would have done so if they were still eligible for a qualifier. The spot should be splyces
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Our team cut that for the Gears program as part of our stewardship of the program. We work with the Coalition on ecosystem design, tournament scheduling, asset creation, shoulder content, online tournament ops, sanctioning, and tournament ops. We also send a strike team to all global partner events to help them operate: their success is the program's success. 

But they spelled esports wrong...  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Should have both. Dedicated servers are cool if you live near one. But so many people don't.

i live in norhtern va near dc where i know microsoft has data centers. according to titanfall 2 my ping is between 2-10 ms but when playing halo i still have terrible connection issues. there has to be something wrong with the way they implement dedicated servers as shown by their issues on land

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why I'm a fan of Optic more than any other team, their vlogs/YT videos makes you feel like you're their friend and makes you want to root for them and be part of the green wall.

As great as it is to make "tips and tricks for Halo" I would much rather watch the teams personality shine through, since I don't game as much as I do anymore, I watch the scene for personality more so than 'who has better skill'. Of course skill is a huge part, but the personality makes the games that much more exciting to watch and root for.

This is why I want Team Kaliber to enter the Halo scene. They also are very much a youtube juggernaut. Not quite to the extent of Optic but they have a very notable presence.

emt2.jpg

ok the optic house is located 45 kilcks south of our position. watch for members of e united as intel suggest they may be trying to ambush us in what they call a "reverse sweep." if you see any dedicated servers, take them out. we need to protect true lan at all costs. can i get  OOHRAH?

• Upvote (+1) 4

So good.

Damn great video. Looks like I got a new guy to root for. Local NJ dude too, He grew up in Camden and came out successful. That's a great story in itself. Might have to hit up AC tomorrow and watch some gears!

Overheard on Heinz's stream: "When are we playing Proving Grounds?" Reply: "We are never playing that garbage." That should tell you all you need to know about whether that radar is going to be used going forward. 

• Upvote (+1) 1