CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

that mcc clip was fun. still the goat, always the goat. 2gre assembled lethuls 2x world champion team. i wonder if he ever thanked him? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

will there be many roster changes before Daytona? 

Can't see Liquid or nV making changes, but the others might.

Tbh I'm just bored, and rostermania is always an interesting time.

Why the hell wouldn't they announce Daytona beach at world's?

Missed opportunity to capitalize on viewership.

Maybe they didnt want to announce an awesome venue from a shitty one? Or is out because esl doesnt wanna promote other to's?

Probably your last point.

They also seemingly timed the announcement right before the community update, full well knowing they wouldn't be commenting on this past weekend's controversy in it. Competitive community is happy about the open event....and for a little while forget about their anger. Smart move.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't see this posted. Seemed super important.

what a savage

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know he has run MM games with Ninja and Saiyan a couple of times, but that's clearly nothing official yet.

https://twitter.com/Spartan/status/847618750127816706

Edit: Also, interesting discussion of radar v autos here. Obviously would best to have neither, I just don't know if we can realistically expect 343 to get rid of both at once.

https://twitter.com/RichieHeinz/status/847644479079055360

Having strong autos and new radar buffs autos more by allowing players the ability to get in to close range unnoticed.

New radar definately further highlights the issues with AR starts. If they won't remove them completely, they should be map pickups.

I'd actually prefer the AR tweaked to be a skillful weapon, but something tells that won't happen, when all the sandbox team has done is ruin the Caster, and fail to completely balance the sniper.

Probably your last point.

They also seemingly timed the announcement right before the community update, full well knowing they wouldn't be commenting on this past weekend's controversy in it. Competitive community is happy about the open event....and for a little while forget about their anger. Smart move.

I hope it's not the last point, because that would be counter productive. ESL promoting Open circuit tournaments would only help HCS grow, which would Drive interest in ESL pro league season and finals.

With the event so close, can't imagine them making changes - top on working on H6 / Quinn.

With the event so close, can't imagine them making changes - top on working on H6 / Quinn.

I agree. I wouldn't expect real changes until Summer season if that.

will there be many roster changes before Daytona? 

Can't see Liquid or nV making changes, but the others might.

Tbh I'm just bored, and rostermania is always an interesting time.

IMO

Rosters that will go unchanged:

Optic (obviously)

nV

Liquid

Str8

Splyce

Rosters that will change:

LG

CP

F/As:

Roy

Lunch

Commonly

Spartan

Contra

Devon

Tripppey

Suspector

My only predicted player change so far would be Suspector to CP replacing Str8Sick.

If we don't see Str8 and Splyce break up, while LG and CP just make a single change it will be really interesting to see how the last few teams form as most of the players have played together in Halo 5 with no real success. Can see players like Ryanoob, Prototype, Monster making their way onto squads with some of these players now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, if they don't at least implement new radar and make autos map pickups in Team Arena (and official HCS gametypes) by the end of next week they're making a colossal mistake.

or as the  illustrious @@The Donald would say, "Yuge mistake. Yuge.  totally yuge.  just, enormous."

• Upvote (+1) 6

We got a nice surprise with this event/venue, so it's possible there'll be an announcement about settings changes soon.

Hopefully.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See you guys in Florida.

I'll be helping out with this event so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

<3

Wasn't it the last time UMG had an Halo event they ran a COD event parallel to it. And it was then you made Ghandi and Maven cast a COD game and they were hilarious. :) Everybody loved them and later they kinda ventured in to cod because of that. Or was that maybe UGC?

Edit: here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ngwNA3k84

It doesn't totally fix it, I'll admit that. But between my main and my smurf, the smurf is much more consistent. It still gets fucked up sometimes, but far less often. My main is barely playable.

I'm sorry, but if the REQ unlocks had anything to do with it, you'd see consistently better performance, not sporadically better performance. You're letting confirmation bias run wild.

I play on "smurfs" all the time. I don't smurf because I need to. I smurf because I'm addicted. Some days I feel best represented by "hahaha hehe lol," and other days I feel more like "Bafack Yomama." I get the same issues no matter what account I'm playing on, whether it's my main with literally everything unlocked or a smurf I made 30 seconds prior.

Hell, it's probably closer to a rendering issue, although I'll literally be the first to say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my opinion, if they don't at least implement new radar and make autos map pickups in Team Arena (and official HCS gametypes) by the end of next week they're making a colossal mistake.

This is Halooooooo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wasn't it the last time UMG had an Halo event they ran a COD event parallel to it. And it was then you made Ghandi and Maven cast a COD game and they were hilarious. Everybody loved them and later they kinda ventured in to cod because of that :). Or was that maybe UGC?

UMG Atlanta / AGL 9 Atlanta back in 2013

I believe this was also the infamous CoD trash talk event with ChooChoo train Killa

• Upvote (+1) 4

I absolutely love that the heavy aim has me head casing to the point that I'm willing to test out a wild conspiracy theory about permanent REQs somehow having an impact.

I created one last night and can state with certainty that the heavy aim persisted (three friends joined me and said the same).

I have 125 down, 25 up, all proper ports forwarded, and static IP for my Xbox. Interestingly, I found that changing my DNS from Google to "automatic" at least temporarily fixed my heavy aiming.

tl;dr the aiming in this game is still completely fucked and was probably never even slightly fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah. But 343 is good at making mistakes. Even with all the push to end AR starts, they don't seem to be taking notice. 

Btw if AR starts go, map autos either need to be removed or changed to ARs because SMG vs pistol is the most aids thing ever at close range. I've been playing a lot of 8s on default maps with no ARs and it is worse than old settings. 

Well I tried to do my civic duty and go to waypoint to post my opinion on future settings (PG radar/ no ar starts) cause that's pretty much the only place 343 looks at. First my favorite comment, "If the new radar showed all people moving (except for crouching/slow walk) it'd be just like a Halo game should be!!" 

Secondly, from what I read most want the PG radar to be a arena exclusive , but I saw no talks of no AR starts which worries me. I know beyond is the home of competitive Halo and we shouldn't have to but we should attempt to post more on waypoint. My .02 

• Upvote (+1) 1