CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A little disappointed to see so little discussion of the Nv vs TL match that happened. I think their is a lot to take away/breakdown about what happened especially with the team changes and it got like what, 6 posts total?

• Upvote (+1) 2

people are critical of 2gre specifically because he was a ghost for the first 12-13 years of his halo career, the majority of those things he just started doing recently

I mean, you can't really blame him for the early years. We didn't have twitter or really any of the social media we have now. Myspace maybe but YouTube and Facebook were literally just starting out. All anyone ever did back then was post on the MLG/H2F forums. The majority of scene growth was simply Halo and XBL being more popular at the time, alongside MLG's great promotional and media skills.

Everyone forget T2 was on Dr Pepper bottles and FiS was on a Billboard?

Aside from that though, I agree, given the wealth of tools we have now more players should try and generate self-interest and a sort of brand identity. In my opinion it's in the best interest for both parties (ESL/343 and the players themselves) to help HCS grow. Even if the scene is "dead because the game sucks", having someone relatable and to cheer for entices people to join in anyway. I'd watch LethuL play PUBG and I think it's one of the most boring games on Twitch. That's because of his personality, which isn't something 343 or HCS has any control over. Their job is to create story-lines, hype, and tweet about as many streams and scrims as they can. In my opinion, they could do a lot better in this area. Shoutout to @@TheSimms for all the community plugs on stream though.

That said, you can't force someone to choose a priority. It would seem that a lot of HCS players would sooner dedicate their time to getting better at the game, rather than creating content etc. It's understandable given the money on the line, but a detriment to growth. I do however appreciate the fact that a lot of the players tweet out the halo stream and auto-host.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This shade throwing with the Toms is no more than drama fodder (which I'm all for), cause nothing is quantifiable, how the hell do we measure someone's impact? We can throw out vague statements, but that's about it. 

Not to mention even if 2gre is doing everything primarily as a source of income and secondarily as helping the scene, who has the right to bitch about him being self serving? He's got to make a living. And anyone's motivations in anything are very rarely not self serving in some way. That's just human nature. One could make the same accusation of T2 or anyone else.  

Guys, no one is ripping him a new one, everyone is understanding that it is not an obligation to do anything. I think a lot of people are just pointing out that there is some validity.

Guys, no one is ripping him a new one, everyone is understanding that it is not an obligation to do anything. I think a lot of people are just pointing out that there is some validity.

Yeah I'm arguing against that, if there isn't any obligation then what validity is there in the accusations? It's the unmet (and possibly unrecognized) expectations that lead to the criticism. 

If only CLG didn't Drop Ogre2, He probably won't be streaming to this day...He could have had $250K in the bank :lxthul:

He could use it to pay it forward and update the wiki or buy that many $1 cables too.  :kappa:

A little disappointed to see so little discussion of the Nv vs TL match that happened. I think their is a lot to take away/breakdown about what happened especially with the team changes and it got like what, 6 posts total?

TL beat nV in a scrim earlier this week 8-5.

nV's not been their usual online dominant self lately.

When's Huke's birthday? Also who do y'all think is going to Relegation? Good chance that 6th/7th  will be determined by win %

Possible Teams

Str8: Plays EG tonight, LG & nV next week. Hoping that they can beat EG & LG, going 2-8. They didn't look that bad last night even though they got swept by Splyce.

EG: Str8 tonight, TL & Ronin next week. If they beat Str8, and lose to TL/Ronin, they could still escape relegation assuming their win % is higher than Ronin (who must lose vs. TL & nV). Or if they lose to Str8, they have to beat Ronin & have higher win % than Str8 if Str8 beats LG as well. 

Ronin: TL tonight, nV & EG next week. Most likely to face relegation IMO - playing stronger teams which will hurt win %, and only possible win is vs. EG. 

Cheering for Str8 to escape Relegation, and would love another Roybox vs. Ryanoob series on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When's Huke's birthday? Also who do y'all think is going to Relegation? Good chance that 6th/7th  will be determined by win %

Possible Teams

Str8: Plays EG tonight, LG & nV next week. Hoping that they can beat EG & LG, going 2-8. They didn't look that bad last night even though they got swept by Splyce.

EG: Str8 tonight, TL & Ronin next week. If they beat Str8, and lose to TL/Ronin, they could still escape relegation assuming their win % is higher than Ronin (who must lose vs. TL & nV). Or if they lose to Str8, they have to beat Ronin & have higher win % than Str8 if Str8 beats LG as well. 

Ronin: TL tonight, nV & EG next week. Most likely to face relegation IMO - playing stronger teams which will hurt win %, and only possible win is vs. EG. 

Cheering for Str8 to escape Relegation, and would love another Roybox vs. Ryanoob series on LAN.

I wouldn't leave out LG -- they play OpTic, Str8, and Splyce.  That leaves them with one match that looks winnable out of the next 3.  I don't think they're in extreme danger, but they aren't quite so safe.

EnVy should theoretically be safe by virtue of map win %.

OpTic/Splyce are guaranteed safe.

TL just needs to show up good in one more series, and have already faced 2 of the 3 top 3 teams.

Based off remaining schedule and current standings, I think Ronin/Str8 are probably the two that will have to play in Open, though.  I think the holes they've dug are a bit too deep to climb out of with only 3 matches remaining.  They pretty much have to win out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

people are critical of 2gre specifically because he was a ghost for the first 12-13 years of his halo career, the majority of those things he just started doing recently

Doesn't matter when you reign supreme for a decade. His play and Final Boss' dominance did more for the scene than any individual.

I can see your point on the "stale" feeling. Do you guys think that more players feel this way?

Also, what map/mode combos would you guys like to see be tested?

I'd love to see Oddball tested on some of the asymmetrical maps like Plaza and Rig

• Upvote (+1) 3

TL beat nV in a scrim earlier this week 8-5.

nV's not been their usual online dominant self lately.

Because nv is a LAN team

Renegade where's shorts under his pants and under his shorts. What in the world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really the type of content i want but we're getting closer i guess. Put some shorts under your shorts tho

Renegade where's shorts under his pants and under his shorts. What in the world.

Wearing shorts under your shorts is the new meta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone tell me why we're stuck with a 720p stream?

Put some shorts on that stream and hit 4k boi

• Upvote (+1) 2