CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I could be wrong with what the patch notes meant, but to my understanding the BR, DMR, and LR are on a 40 second respawn from when you pick the original weapon up and the Scatter and Shotty are on a 20 second respawn from when it despawns.

Thanks for clarifying, for some reason I thought they were all on the 'despawn' setting.

I'm assuming the tac magnum also has the 40 second respawn?

Thanks for clarifying, for some reason I thought they were all on the 'despawn' setting.

I'm assuming the tac magnum also has the 40 second respawn?

Tac mag is on 40s respawn timer https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/final-summer-2017-settings

Couldnt find anything that says which tier each weapon is but I also thought that the light rifle was like the other rifles and were not like the scatter and shotgun

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty went out of the map to let EG spawn in bunker. I never wanna see any slander about this kid ever again

Halo 5, where people are routinely allowed to leave the map to influence spawns/gameplay. Back in my day, if you put one toe outside of the map, you died/were penalized.

i love the guy but 2gre has never done anything to leverage his status to help grow the scene

not that he is obligated to but it would be nice

It's not his job. Guy has always just wanted to play/compete. Since when is it on the players (in any professional sport/league) to go out of their way to "grow the scene"? That's the job of the developers, people running the league(s), and sponsors. I'm not knocking any player/former player who has the time and desire to try and help a dying scene grow, but it wouldn't even be necessary if the game was actually good and people wanted to play/watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I could be wrong with what the patch notes meant, but to my understanding the BR, DMR, and LR are on a 40 second respawn from when you pick the original weapon up and the Scatter and Shotty are on a 20 second respawn from when it despawns.

That is how I understood it and my experience from playing as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke is gone. For sure.

from Halo or Envyus? 

If he leaves Halo, Mikwen said they would look to pick up Eco or Shotzzy

I can see your point on the "stale" feeling. Do you guys think that more players feel this way?

Also, what map/mode combos would you guys like to see be tested?

its a big reason i havent played since last year really. i would come back for oddball though. damn i miss that gametype so much

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5, where people are routinely allowed to leave the map to influence spawns/gameplay. Back in my day, if you put one toe outside of the map, you died/were penalized.

Is this a bad thing? lmao

@@CyReN.  Is the Halo event still happening at the Microsoft Store in Somerset Sunday?  I do not see it in their events page on their website.

I was looking in Workshops.  But still curious if it is still happening Sunday?

I believe so

I won't be able to make it because I'll be out of town for Father's Day, maybe next time.

It's not his job. Guy has always just wanted to play/compete. Since when is it on the players (in any professional sport/league) to go out of their way to "grow the scene"? That's the job of the developers, people running the league(s), and sponsors. I'm not knocking any player/former player who has the time and desire to try and help a dying scene grow, but it wouldn't even be necessary if the game was actually good and people wanted to play/watch it.

i'd take your opinion more seriously if you weren't his BF for like ten+ years

not that he is obligated to but it would be nice

^^^

you get back what you put in, he's relevant because halo is relevant

also there's lot of former athletes who are ambassadors and champions for their sport da fuck you mean joel, lol

I can see your point on the "stale" feeling. Do you guys think that more players feel this way?

i think that's a pretty common sentiment at this point, this game would really shine with some extra variety
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So the people who benefit most from the top heavy system shouldn't be the ones also trying to grow it? People watch the best play but more importantly people watch who they believe they have a connection with play. Why does NiP still have such a strong following, why does Optic pull 20k plus extra viewers in the games they compete in. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the players on those teams grinding their asses off to get and keep people interested. NiP grew csgo and stopped it flatlining, Optic IS CoD.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

from Halo or Envyus? 

If he leaves Halo, Mikwen said they would look to pick up Eco or Shotzzy

From Halo. No idea what his contract is like with regards to leaving nV.

MLG/Activision is the leading force in console esports. They have a leg up on all other games just because their publisher also happens to operate the pre-eminent esports platform in North America. The scene is head and shoulders above Halo's.. He's only playing halo because he couldn't play COD 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, I'd argue a lot of the competitive players feel like there could be more gametypes added.

I think the problem is that there's not many maps to test out that already haven't been tested out. Overgrowth and Molten don't work well for any competitive modes, Tyrant wasn't well received when it was tested in Proving Grounds. Mercy has potential, but for the time being, I think only Slayer could work well on that map. Forge maps have frame issues occasionally, which is unfortunate because I actually enjoy Pegasus II, and I think it could work well in competitive. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thinking about it more, you're right. My mind was confusing the rifles with last season's storm rifle change where IT was on the same kind of timer as Scatter

also can we start getting tiles back on the xbox dashboard for pro league and other tournaments a few days in advance? i feel like we need the increased presence to build awareness. and please tell us something is in the works with @@Clap and mlg for upcoming seasons

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oddball on Truth and Rig. Would probably take some tweaking to make it work,  ie. fiddling with ball carrier traits and score to win to make games not go to time too incredibly often, and changing Truth to not use the Assault spawn zones. But I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one of their favorite gametypes back.

• Upvote (+1) 8

To echo was pretty much everybody here has said and really drive the point home  ;)

- Oddball

- King of the Hill

- Assault (I know its in the game, but i just can't stomach playing AR-start gametypes now that i know how good magnum-only starts taste)

- Weapon rebalance required to take advantage of the above 3 items if they aren't going to make it into HCS.

Thing thing with Oddball and King of the Hill is that they need to be default gametypes.  I know with special settings and forge tactics you can do this, but the "barrier of entry" for that is just too high for guys like me that can only get on a few nights a week to play some matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is this a bad thing? lmao

I tend to think the way stuff like sprint, thrust, ground pound, and clamber have changed what makes a good play vs a bad play in Halo isn't necessarily a good thing, but that's just me. You get away with putting yourself out of position a lot...or what used to be out of position. #adapt

i'd take your opinion more seriously if you weren't his BF for like ten+ years

^^^

you get back what you put in, he's relevant because halo is relevant

also there's lot of former athletes who are ambassadors and champions for their sport da fuck you mean joel, lol

I've only known him on a more personal level for like 6 years, but regardless, I say the same thing about all the pro players. It's not their responsibility to help the game grow. I'm not even sure exactly what people think they can do? YouTube content? Stream? It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to grow those things just for yourself, let alone a game you may be trying to promote...and it still may never take off.

Anyway, what makes you think he (or most pros) care about being "relevant?" I don't think he's ever wanted the spotlight or the internet star power. Guy just wanted to play Halo and compete, and happened to be able to make money while doing it. That wasn't because the players did anything to make the game more popular...it was because the developers made a (couple) great game(s) that another company could use as the foundation for their league; and that league was run by competent people that knew how to cultivate their fanbase on their own. I'm not sure what former athletes you're talking about that champion their sport, because all of the top tier professional leagues don't need any players to go around promoting it. Athletes and former athletes just do commercials for their sponsors...because it makes them money, which has nothing to do with their craft.

• Upvote (+1) 2