CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

can't wait for the new hero-shooter Quake!

Quake Champions is trash. Can't wait for Halo 6 to be a hero shooter too!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a 1v1 game how are we supposed to compare how hard it is compared to a team game?

Gun skill, map movement or movement abilities in general, etc. Teamwork (and not just team shooting) isn't the only metric of skill in a team game, or at least in a good one.

can't wait for the new hero-shooter Quake!

He wasn't even referring to QC within that post. The game hasn't even officially released, and we are talking about the 10 prior years of dominating in an arena FPS, including Quake CPMA and such. No wonder why you get neg bombs every post.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He wasn't even referring to QC within that post. The game hasn't even officially released, and we are talking about the 10 prior years of dominating in an arena FPS, including Quake CPMA and such. No wonder why you get neg bombs every post.

oh...sorry? I actually can't wait for the new Quake. It'll be a lot like Overwatch but probably not as sweaty (i can't seem to break 4000 elo on OW lol)

oh...sorry? I actually can't wait for the new Quake. It'll be a lot like Overwatch but probably not as sweaty (i can't seem to break 4000 elo on OW lol)

I was referring to your neg on arglactable. My bad dude.

Quake Champions is trash. Can't wait for Halo 6 to be a hero shooter too!

Quake Champs is trash tbh. Hero powers range from worthless to annoying and currently I can expect up to 20 minutes to wait on a match in the premiere comp mode which is not only confusing but anti-Quake in of itself. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quake Champs is trash tbh. Hero powers range from worthless to annoying and currently I can expect up to 20 minutes to wait on a match in the premiere comp mode which is not only confusing but anti-Quake in of itself. 

Sounds like the best case scenario

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like the best case scenario

Unfortunately, the good powers are super obnoxious. Like turning invisible/invulnerable, spawning a totally-not-Reinhardt shield, instantly recovering your health plus a speed boost, spewing AoE acid, sick wall hacks, and my personal favorite: the Tard Charge (clearly inspired by Halo Guardians 5)! So, close to being a decent Quake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a 1v1 game how are we supposed to compare how hard it is compared to a team game?

It's a team game too but you literally just compare mechanics, skill ceilings etc. Further than mechanics Halo's biggest detractor is the lack of international competition. Ogre2 is the greatest console player of all time, I think that's the fairest thing to say.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Eg is a mess. It's like they don't know what they want to do. 3 dead for optic, everyone up for eg, they pickup overshield and then don't cap a single stronghold to start scoring again. How does that happen?

I fully expect str8 to win tomorrow.

Also glad to see ESL take my suggestion of splitting gametypes, so we.dknt see the same order every series. Good job @@Elamite

I always go back and forth on it, Halo bloomed when we had Mythica, MySpace, etc. By the time social media / content mattered we had Reach and Halo 4 to run with.

While we can fault them, it isn't required. Just bad timing looking back on it. No one cares for Halo like the 2000's - no matter what prizing you throw at it sadly.

During his prime, only walshy was outgoing towards fans. Ogres never really cared about being with the people.

It was Huke who was slacking this series. Cuyler seems to be putting in as little effort into Halo as possible; Mikwen might have been right about him returning to COD when he turns 18.

Apg said it couple days ago. Everyone knows he's going back. Whether it's for NV or another org we'll see
  • Upvote (+1) 2

i hate losing talent but if huke leaves i'll have nothing but respect for that decision

the kid is a beast and premier players should be playing the premier games

I second that. He deserves to be playing on the biggest stage available. It just sucks that 2 of the best Halo players in the world won't even be competing in it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i hate losing talent but if huke leaves i'll have nothing but respect for that decision

I'd hate to see new name players go... 

Really craving some new maps and new modes recently, I hope 343 have some to at least test in matchmaking sooner or later. I feel like that's why most people are quitting lately because of how dry the game is right now  :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder if anyone else noticed this last night:

81636c2ba47c745885030f89ecbfca2c.png

Three LRs shouldn't be possible to have at the same time this season, since rifles are supposed to be on Tier 2 respawns, where they only respawn when the empty/old one is dropped or despawns.

They mentioned it on stream.

At this point I'm not sure which is more likely: something in the game settings is messed up or spectator mode went haywire for a second. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if one of them had BR and it just showed LR instead.

Huke is gone. For sure.

did i miss something last night??

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@CyReN.  Is the Halo event still happening at the Microsoft Store in Somerset Sunday?  I do not see it in their events page on their website.

I was looking in Workshops.  But still curious if it is still happening Sunday?