CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So is a 25k increase in prize money all from the crowd funding. Sheesh, I would've expected minimum 50k increase

REQs are way to easy to get and not very profitable IMO. I also think this is a major flaw in 343 plan. In Gears it takes forever to unlock packs. So it's worth more to buy them but most hate the Gears micro transactions.

"It’s impossible to talk about each and every one of the literally hundreds of storylines that manifested themselves throughout the HaloWC 207 Finals, but here are a few that stuck out to us in particular…"

I know one storyline that dominated over the weekend. It was all over reddit, chan, GAF, twitter. Owners of organizations, sites like Mashable, Kotaku, pros from other games all chimed in etc.

• Upvote (+1) 8

REQs are way to easy to get and not very profitable IMO. I also think this is a major flaw in 343 plan. In Gears it takes forever to unlock packs.

Please don't advocate for more predatory practices.

Req income is slowing for sure, but they undoubtedly made a ton of cash. The RNG nature of it + the mountains of filler content caught whales left and right.

The best thing they could do is make more $ only content. More team skins, more voice packs, that kinda thing. They should even have 'golden ticket' promotions where A select few HCS packs will have free passes to the dreamhack finals.

There's so much they could do to get remaining players to spend outside of collecting Warzone weapons.

EVERYONE CONSIDERING GOING:

Check out prices to fly to Orlando (MCO). Sure, it's a bit of a drive (~1.5 hours), but you can rent a car for the weekend+ for less than $100, gas will cost you about $30, and I'm looking at MUCH cheaper prices. EWR (Newark) to MCO: ~$200. Stay a little and go to Disney or something lol

JFK to dab is 333. All you jersey guys fly from JFK. travel noobs
  • Upvote (+1) 3

REQs are way to easy to get and not very profitable IMO. I also think this is a major flaw in 343 plan. In Gears it takes forever to unlock packs. So it's worth more to buy them but most hate the Gears micro transactions.

yeah. But you can't get team skins without giving them money. It baffles me why we don't have more or even that they're not always available in the h5 game store next to the other req packs

343 pays for these tourneys and prize pools. Hence why the budget for a venue wasn't higher for ESL to work with

George-Costanza-What.gif

Are you actually trying to twist it together that the reason ESL chose their own "campus" is because 343 wouldn't put out for a better venue?

Why are 343 putting up a million dollars then? ESL waited until 3 months before a tournament to try to put something together, failed, and put it at the only place they could book so late. It had literally zero to do with 343 not willing to pay for a venue.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

support the event guys no reason not to

I don't think you have to worry about the people on this website supporting the event
  • Upvote (+1) 8

See you guys in Florida.

I'll be helping out with this event so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

<3

B Stream

• Upvote (+1) 3

See you guys in Florida.

I'll be helping out with this event so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

<3

Make sure they bring balloons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you actually trying to twist it together that the reason ESL chose their own "campus" is because 343 wouldn't put out for a better venue?

Why are 343 putting up a million dollars then? ESL waited until 3 months before a tournament to try to put something together, failed, and put it at the only place they could book so late. It had literally zero to do with 343 not willing to pay for a venue.

Ehhh I don't think it's 343 "not willing to pay for a venue" but it certainly doesn't all fall on ESL. Timo scouted East Coast venues the day after Fall Finals. If money wasn't an obstacle then we would have had something better.

It's poor decision making, bad judgement and inexperience from 343 that causes things like this to happen.

ESL isn't without their faults (many, many faults) but in no way are they solely to blame for HaloWC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please don't advocate for more predatory practices.

Req income is slowing for sure, but they undoubtedly made a ton of cash.

Not advocating it just stating how the two differ. On the Req income we are gonna have to disagree. I think the Req system was too weak to make up what they intended it for. But that's for another thread. Also Str8 skins plz

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/George-Costanza-What.gif[/mg]

Yes. Whatever timo looked for, obviously couldn't be done, and financially made more sense to hold it at the campus. That doesn't excuse the venue but it is what it is. If it isn't obvious the budgets decreased from last year, I don't know what to tell you

George-Costanza-What.gif

I always upvote George

• Upvote (+1) 2