CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Considering how stale h5 is in it's current state, the only reason I am interested in watching the remaining pro league matches is because of the team changes. 

Also am i mistaken that there was only one transfer period? I guess that you may be talking about the fact that str8 was able to make two changes in the transfer period? I feel as though they only made two changes because two other teams made one change that forced them to pick up two people. Definitely agree with allowing them this change. 

There's another transfer period next week.

Like I said, rostermania is interesting for us but a major barrier for new viewers.

Try pausing ad block for the Twitch stream to work on pc. Worked for me. 

idk why that worked but it did. thank you sir.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's another transfer period next week.

Like I said, rostermania is interesting for us but a major barrier for new viewers.

Definitely don't think of it as a "major barrier" for new viewers. Considering there is not an over abundance of team changes and they do a good job explaining the current state of the league by providing the backstory on the changes. 

Provides storylines if anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best part about T2's casting is that he's rarely behind the play. So many of the guys they have casting are telling me what i just watched/reacting to what they are seeing by yelling or going "OOOOOHHHHHH". T2 even tells you what he thinks is about to happen in some cases. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why are you still here? You've made your opinions about Halo 5 and the future of Halo very clear; you constantly deride competitive halo, and your pessimism is usually ridiculed. It wasn't as bad when you just hung around general discussion, but now you're more active in this thread where you just come in and shit on all of our interests and opinions.

Actually, I care about actual competitive Halo, which is why I make fun of this embarrassing dumpster fire of a competitive game. As a bonus, it amuses me when people like you get triggered by observations of fact.

:salt: 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 29

Definitely don't think of it as a "major barrier" for new viewers. Considering there is not an over abundance of team changes and they do a good job explaining the current state of the league by providing the backstory on the changes. 

Provides storylines if anything. 

I've seen many people on Reddit and other forums cite the constant team changes as a reason they can't follow HCS. It also keeps orgs from investing in Halo, this has been cited as a reason for leaving the scene by some orgs formerly involved in Halo. There is an overabundance of team changes- look at other esports scene, it is really not like this in most scenes. Players respect contracts and are governed by stricter rules.

The thing is, they provide storylines to US. We follow this shit and we know all of the players. We watch all their tweets while the team changes happen. We go in Twitch chats and demand intel. We can create the storylines for ourselves. For the rest of people it is just a bunch of incoherent team hopping. The traditional way to be a "fan" of a sport (and therefore the approach that a lot of new viewers will attempt to take) is to follow a team and root for them - it's hard for a casual viewer to do this when the team wildly swaps members after every single event. Sure, the casters fill the viewers in on the teamchanges, but that just amounts to "Team A dropped this guy, now the guy is on Team B, we'll see how they do now!!" Casters don't talk about any of the drama involved in teamchanges, so any storytelling potential is lost.

I'm not calling for an end to team changes, but they really need to be lessened. We have two roster change periods in a 5 (?) week pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Personally, dropping esports seems like a bad business in my opinion. Competitive gaming is only going to grow more popular - hopping on the train early will result in massive growth later. I hope TB will write more eSports articles even if the information has already been garnered in the forums.

Agreed. Definitely, will try to do more esports coverage here on Beyond. 

Would you want just HCS coverage or other esports like RL and GoW? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Pro League logo is looking really nice on stream  :lxthul:

I wasn't going to call them out for it because I figured it'd be fixed by now but c'mon man.

wwmP6AK.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Agreed. Definitely, will try to do more esports coverage here on Beyond. 

Would you want just HCS coverage or other esports like RL and GoW? 

bth.gif

I like to read. So if you could do both HCS, and other eSports. That would be awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 asked me on Monday right before we were supposed to scrim if they could play with a new player since I was planning on going to LG, I said that's fine and they've been playing with Commonly since in both PL and scrims. Am I supposed to do nothing? They've also said it's fine if I go + Ace also scrimmed with Liquid while under contract. I don't know why I'm being made to look bad lol.

so is ryan subbing bc they thought you were going to be playing with str8? And i thought vic x said he was playing tonight

People asking what happened with T2, he basically threw shade at @@aPG for running with LG while he was still "under contract with Str8 Rippin".

It's almost like having a team owner as your lead broadcaster could lead to really unprofessional situations.

Don't worry though, @@Tsquared say's he does a good job at staying neutral.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolitePlausibleEelEagleEye

ESL needs to let go of tsquared after this season if he's gonna make unprofessional and bias statements on stream. They should reach out to Gandhi and see if he wants to cast
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

What's this pistol skin i see str8 sick and some others using?

Came in the Halo Loot crate. It is a bunch of Halo related stickers

I've seen many people on Reddit and other forums cite the constant team changes as a reason they can't follow HCS. It also keeps orgs from investing in Halo, this has been cited as a reason for leaving the scene by some orgs formerly involved in Halo. There is an overabundance of team changes- look at other esports scene, it is really not like this in most scenes. Players respect contracts and are governed by stricter rules.

The thing is, they provide storylines to US. We follow this shit and we know all of the players. We watch all their tweets while the team changes happen. We go in Twitch chats and demand intel. We can create the storylines for ourselves. For the rest of people it is just a bunch of incoherent team hopping. The traditional way to be a "fan" of a sport (and therefore the approach that a lot of new viewers will attempt to take) is to follow a team and root for them - it's hard for a casual viewer to do this when the team wildly swaps members after every single event. Sure, the casters fill the viewers in on the teamchanges, but that just amounts to "Team A dropped this guy, now the guy is on Team B, we'll see how they do now!!" Casters don't talk about any of the drama involved in teamchanges, so any storytelling potential is lost.

I'm not calling for an end to team changes, but they really need to be lessened. We have two roster change periods in a 5 (?) week pro league.

Nah

ESL needs to let go of tsquared after this season if he's gonna make unprofessional and bias statements on stream. They should reach out to Gandhi and see if he wants to cast

Gandhi is trash and always has been
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13