CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hes not the weak link but cmon hes nowhere close to the best. Tapping Buttons holds the crown and its not close.

7vLPBK5.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Seeing Deez' warm welcome makes me remember why I love this place.

Also since I'm late to the rostermania today, damn Ace played some mind games.

I agree with what you're saying, I think our disconnect is with the degree of freedom players should have. I think there should be only 2 or 3 opportunities in a year to change teams. The amount of team changes in Halo scares orgs away and makes it hard for spectators to get invested. We need to prioritize spectator experience and drawing in new fans over granting our pros a degree of freedom which benefit no one but themselves.

Okay yea I feel you then. I feel like loyal rosters wouldn't really significantly change viewership too hard. I personally think the gametype rotations and sandbox settings in general would effect it for the better. H5 unfortunately didn't change anything for over a year and now doing ANYTHING this late in H5s life probably won't really bring new people or make others leave. The most important time to bring new people in is probably at the very start of the games life. It's pretty clear to me that the real viewers wanna see the classic halo core back. Maybe that would also bring new ppl in who knows. It's in 343's hands to make the core good if we really want viewers. 

I honestly can't believe that 4 EU teams are going to be sent straight to Champ Bracket without any jurisdiction other than "Top 4 EU."  This leaves 6 spots open for Amateur teams to make it into Champ Bracket BUT 2 of those spots could be occupied by the 7-8th seeded Pro Teams forced to fight through.  If these two "Pro" teams make it through to Champ Bracket, this leaves 4 spots for Amateur Teams to gain access into it as well.

I have nothing against the EU players, great guys, but in no way shape or form do they deserve a Champ Bracket spot right off the bat.  EU has shown tremendous weaknesses versus NA Professional Teams and in my opinion they should be put into Open Bracket, just like the old days.  You didn't have a seed for an NA Tournament, you played through the Open Bracket.  End of story.

I'm going to guess this is an attempt to hopefully gain more viewers overseas, yet their teams are going to get 3-0d faster than Batchford's roster life.  :simms:

The point of Open Events is for Amateurs to build a team to fight hard through the initial bracket and hopefully make it through to play the professionals and gain notoriety.  Taking away 25% of that chance is legitimately a terrible business decision for an OPEN EVENT.  Not only that, you LIMIT the amount of teams that can compete at 64??  This is no way states that there might be more teams than that, but you're partnering with one of the biggest tournament organizers in eSports history.  Why would you limit yourself and others that maybe want to compete for fun?!  

Absolutely incredible. 

I would agree, if the open bracket wasn't part of determining the relegation teams. That throws a whole wrench in the idea though, unfortunately. 

Also, thank you @@Deez for stopping by! Hope to see you more often  :ace:

yo whats good with heavy aim already being back but also the hit reg issue is still there?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Me and my cousin were having this argument earlier and I'd like for you guys to help settle it...

In a no-rules fight to the death, would you rather go against an aggressive and hungry lion, or John Cena?

Upvote for lion, downvote for Cena.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 21

Me and my cousin were having this argument earlier and I'd like for you guys to help settle it...

In a no-rules fight to the death, would you rather go against an aggressive and hungry lion, or John Cena?

I mean your going to die either way. Then the question becomes is getting ripped to shreds by the lion of beaten to death by Cena less painful. I'd say lion, cause it will probably be faster
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I say the lion because it would kill me quickly, where as John Cena would have to kill me with his bare hands.  Either way i stand no chance so id rather not get beat to death by john cena

If I'd known how stupid your opinions would be I wouldn't have bothered to ask.

Do you believe you should be surprised at this point?

If I'd known how stupid your opinions would be I wouldn't have bothered to ask.

Upon further consideration after talking to one of my friends about it, I'd change my vote if I could. May Cena snap my neck quickly and gracefully   :intensifies:

Okay yea I feel you then. I feel like loyal rosters wouldn't really significantly change viewership too hard. I personally think the gametype rotations and sandbox settings in general would effect it for the better. H5 unfortunately didn't change anything for over a year and now doing ANYTHING this late in H5s life probably won't really bring new people or make others leave. The most important time to bring new people in is probably at the very start of the games life. It's pretty clear to me that the real viewers wanna see the classic halo core back. Maybe that would also bring new ppl in who knows. It's in 343's hands to make the core good if we really want viewers.

I think it has more of an effect than people believe it does. The problem is the competitive community already knows all the personalities of the players in the scene so mentally it's not a big leap to trade players. If you look at it from an outsider pov it's a lot harder to adjust. I've been watching OGN Apex which is essentially Korean Overwatch Proleague and they really like to trade players in the off-season. Basically every season is a mental reset on a lot of teams with only a handful of exceptions. Having to relearn what teams are about and reinvest when you are on the outside of a scene is a chore and even though I like to watch comp Overwatch I've found myself less interested in watching the games because of this.
  • Upvote (+1) 2