CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If Rayne counts as their "1 picked up player", Str8 might get away with the very vaguely defined "substitute" player rule.

So for example, let's say the rumored swaps go through:

Ace goes to TL from Str8 (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

Rayne goes to Str8 from TL (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

APG goes to LG from Str8 (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

Str8 could then use Victory X, or any other player not currently on a Pro Team as a substitute for 2 weeks (Follows the rules laid out)

After two weeks, Str8 would need to provide evidence why the substitute should be permanent (vague)

and they could cite the roster changes affecting them being able to field a team of 4, allowing them to keep the roster.

NOW FIRST LET ME SAY, this does seem like a very loose and somewhat odd interpretation of the substitute rule.

but I just wanted to throw this out here in case it does go down that way, so people don't start yapping:

"Her der, TSquared and ESL collusion"

Not possible. APG can't go to LG because that counts as a roster move for Str8. Since Str8 has already used there roster move APG will be on the team and can't go to another team. If APG did leave Str8 he would have to be done for the rest of the season

Before this season, during meetings to discuss changes to the rules regarding roster change period, I recommended an amendment to how they view "team changes" where previously teams were allowed to drop+pick-up one player. but if a teammate left to join another team, that was also considered their roster change, whether the team wanted the player gone or not (thus, punishing teams whose talent gets snagged by other teams)

The change I recommended was to allow a grace period of an additional week where a substitute was allowed and not to count a player leaving as their allotted roster move, but they would not be allowed to pick up a pro player from a separate team if it was not during the open roster period... In essence, allowing a team to swap one pro player but also pick up an amateur talent if a pro player left their team to join another pro team.

This would have reduced the "whoever moves first has the advantage" situation of team changes during open roster period.

However, to my knowledge, they did not implement this change, and things are still "Only one player may be changed, and if anyone else wants to leave, they have to sit out the season.  If someone leaves your team before you can, you're stuck there for the remainder of the season unless you sit out the season."

the rules are trash

• Upvote (+1) 6

Goldenboy is casting at the EA E3 press conference for the Battlefront 2 MP reveal right now. Pretty cool to see him get so many gigs.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There shouldn't even be a mid season roster change period to begin with, it's absolutely ridiculous, there is NO benefit for the scene to allow players that much opportunity to make roster changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From Ace today on stream:

Ace was approached by Stellur and Subzero last Friday asking about why he had been dropped. Rayne was dropped by Liquid prior to that due to team issues and differences. Rayne approached Str8 (APG, Heinz and Danoxide) about teaming with them in Ace's spot. Ace then decided to run games with Liquid. He was the one who ran all of the fake accounts in previous scrims. Ace said that he felt it was the best for him to leave Str8 anyway so the way it all went down didn't matter. If Liquid had approached him directly about changing teams he would have seriously considered it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

NA has 2 midseason roster change periods and teams are allowed to make 1 change during EACH of these transfer period windows so in other words ESL Rippin is in the clear. HCS rulebook- https://www.esl-one.com/fileadmin/user_upload/pro-league/halo/HCS_Pro_League_Summer_2017_Season_Handbook.pdf

In season transfer period:

-Begin: June 2, 2017 at 12AM Pacific

-Ends: June 11, 2017 at 11:59PM Pacific

-Begins: June 16, 2017 at 12AM Pacific

-Ends: June 18, 2017 at 11:59PM Pacific

edit: couldn't post the pics but the dates are above and refer to sections 2.4 and 2.6 for more info

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

the rules are trash

Eh, it's not trash as-is.  It's just an area where I feel they could've improved but either chose not to or didn't have the resources to dedicate to evaluating that change / implementing it for this season.

Eh, it's not trash as-is.  It's just an area where I feel they could've improved but either chose not to or didn't have the resources to dedicate to evaluating that change / implementing it for this season.

what is your opinion on the team change?

Goldenboy is casting at the EA E3 press conference for the Battlefront 2 MP reveal right now. Pretty cool to see him get so many gigs.

I'll watch goldenboy cast anything. He's fun. 

If Rayne counts as their "1 picked up player", Str8 might get away with the very vaguely defined "substitute" player rule.

So for example, let's say the rumored swaps go through:

Ace goes to TL from Str8 (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

Rayne goes to Str8 from TL (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

APG goes to LG from Str8 (Follows the 1 player transaction rule)

Str8 could then use Victory X, or any other player not currently on a Pro Team as a substitute for 2 weeks (Follows the rules laid out)

After two weeks, Str8 would need to provide evidence why the substitute should be permanent (vague)

and they could cite the roster changes affecting them being able to field a team of 4, allowing them to keep the roster.

NOW FIRST LET ME SAY, this does seem like a very loose and somewhat odd interpretation of the substitute rule.

but I just wanted to throw this out here in case it does go down that way, so people don't start yapping:

"Her der, TSquared and ESL collusion"

Except the rules state a substitute cannot be a member of another Pro team.

Thus why Rammy was used for a sub for ALG and CLG, etc.

From Ace today on stream:

Ace was approached by Stellur and Subzero last Friday asking about why he had been dropped. Rayne was dropped by Liquid prior to that due to team issues and differences. Rayne approached Str8 (APG, Heinz and Danoxide) about teaming with them in Ace's spot. Ace then decided to run games with Liquid. He was the one who ran all of the fake accounts in previous scrims. Ace said that he felt it was the best for him to leave Str8 anyway so the way it all went down didn't matter. If Liquid had approached him directly about changing teams he would have seriously considered it.

Why on earth would Ace have been dropped? That can't be correct.

Inb4 aPG is allowed to go LG under some "special" circumstances because of Victory "retiring".

Under performance of Str8 in the PL and team chemistry issues.

Inb4 aPG is allowed to go LG under some "special" circumstances because of Victory "retiring".

NA has 2 midseason roster change periods and teams are allowed to make 1 change during EACH of these transfer period windows so in other words ESL Rippin is in the clear. HCS rulebook- https://www.esl-one.com/fileadmin/user_upload/pro-league/halo/HCS_Pro_League_Summer_2017_Season_Handbook.pdf

edit: couldn't post the pics but the dates are above and refer to sections 2.4 and 2.6 for more info

HrGfEyp.png

this is correct, and it's pretty unfortunate 

i'm not at all anti-team changes but allowing every single team a chance to change 50% of it's roster mid-season is stupid 

the season is only 7 matches and 1 champ bracket, it's not THAT long, there's no reason to have so many changes

make it 1 change mid-season and 2 in the off season

• Upvote (+1) 8

EG has been silent this whole time. Maybe Falcated got dropped and Victory picked.

Ehh, maybe but it was only 2 nights ago that they scrimmed together.

Ehh, maybe but it was only 2 nights ago that they scrimmed together.

Which in EG land is basically an hour ago. They're fine.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There shouldn't even be a mid season roster change period to begin with, it's absolutely ridiculous, there is NO benefit for the scene to allow players that much opportunity to make roster changes.

No benefit to the scene when roster changes happen? I disagree. It now adds story lines and when liquid vs str8 pops up in a series now (if they trade players) it'll be a grudge match. I love that kinda stuff and I'm sure others do too. Nothing like drama. 

• Upvote (+1) 1