CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ok so which one of you guys run the ESL Halo twitter (assuming not Simms since he was casting). Because I don't know if someone not part of TB would recognise how great this gif is

My baby is all grown up.

nNYEEQp.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

If only Hysteria's Xbox didn't broke tD would have been the first team to threepeat in H3. SK Proving that you didn't need an amazing shot to win events in H3

I know some people here are for the H3 BR spread, but I always felt H3 was the most forgiving Halo title from a shooting perspective... is that a good thing or a bad thing?

On one hand, it emphasizes teamwork while "buffing" the guys who may not shoot that well but love to get dirty work done.

On the other hand, the spread definitely lead to "better" shots losing battles they shouldn't have, just due to the spread. I always felt it was a little gap-narrowing, but that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know some people here are for the H3 BR spread, but I always felt H3 was the most forgiving Halo title from a shooting perspective... is that a good thing or a bad thing?

On one hand, it emphasizes teamwork while "buffing" the guys who may not shoot that well but love to get dirty work done.

On the other hand, the spread definitely lead to "better" shots losing battles they shouldn't have, just due to the spread. I always felt it was a little gap-narrowing, but that's just me.

I feel like there is no competitive benefit to having a "precision weapon" with a precision value that changes randomly.

That said, didn't mlg buff the damage output so that only the first 2 bullets needed to land per burst to get the 4sk? Shouldnt that have nullified the spread issue?

I feel like there is no competitive benefit to having a "precision weapon" with a precision value that changes randomly.

That said, didn't mlg buff the damage output so that only the first 2 bullets needed to land per burst to get the 4sk? Shouldnt that have nullified the spread issue?

No, they made it so it took 11 bullets instead of 12.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a spot in the middle that is "Ideal" imo.  Projectile weapons with spread, but the spread is NOT random.  Make the spread on the BR be not-random and increase projectile speed by like 10% and i think the H3 BR becomes a much more compelling weapon

took 11/12 to kill instead.  The second bullet was only "Slightly" random so you could mostly rely on it.  It took almost a shot off the non-headshot kill time though iirc, which also helped.

What the fuck is this Non-Sense about dropping Ola for Shotzzy? Is this actually something we are gonna discuss?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ok that makes sense, otherwise, a player could have potentially gotten a kill with 3 bursts (if they were lucky). Dumb question on my part.

I can't believe they made luck a part of precision battles In h3 and then added bloom in Reach.

So Vetoed's doc is ignored by some... intelligent individuals because Halo should factor Luck over Skill.

Also, because Chief was picked for his luck... players should win because of their luck.

WhiteGuyBlinkingMAIN.gif

Im going to assume that @@SICMIND accidentally negged you.

He clearly didn't read the doc properly.  Vetoed even goes in to detail about how luck never will be or needs to be removed from FFA entirely, just that in its current form it has waaaaaay too powerful of an influence on the outcome and won't "even out" over the course of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He clearly didn't read the doc properly.  Vetoed even goes in to detail about how luck never will be or needs to be removed from FFA entirely, just that in its current form it has waaaaaay too powerful of an influence on the outcome and won't "even out" over the course of the game.

Doesn't matter if he didn't read the doc properly - You just don't compare multiplayer experiences with "Cortana chose chief cuz of luck, therefore, luck matters a lot, stop whining"

If you lose, @@Apoll0, is because Cortana chose the other team and not yours, get luckier next time dude.

This looks like a 'Cortana's Witnesses' type of thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So Vetoed's doc is ignored by some... intelligent individuals because Halo should factor Luck over Skill.

Also, because Chief was picked for his luck... players should win because of their luck.

WhiteGuyBlinkingMAIN.gif

There is this nice subreddit called /r/eyebleach that I think we all need to take a visit to after reading this

• Upvote (+1) 2

My baby is all grown up.

nNYEEQp.gif

i thought this was corbyn as i was scrolling past

basically i need a politics detox

i've been out of it for over a week

any noteworthy roster changes?

cratos got dropped for el town

and insert name here got picked up by TL

Doesn't matter if he didn't read the doc properly - You just don't compare multiplayer experiences with "Cortana chose chief cuz of luck, therefore, luck matters a lot, stop whining"

If you lose, @@Apoll0, is because Cortana chose the other team and not yours, get luckier next time dude.

This looks like a 'Cortana's Witnesses' type of thing.

LOL.  I better get whatever BoomCo and MegaBloks Cortana idols i can find so i can make a shrine to perform a pagan sacrifice of virgin's blood before i play so i can get luck on my side and start winning again!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

i guess it was our luck that MCC didn't work..

If SKILL is that good, MCC not working won't matter

Care to share any other inside knowledge :lxthul:

What the fuck is this Non-Sense about dropping Ola for Shotzzy? Is this actually something we are gonna discuss?  :wutface:

Have you been watching his stream as of late?

He's not just a bunch of flashy plays. He's amazingly creative and far and above the most technically proficient H5 player on the planet. He finds ways out of situations you would not believe possible, and he turns doubles and triples that quickly sway the course of a match. You can literally watch the game spin on his performance, it's insane.

I'm not saying his teammates aren't excellent team / individual players as well, but when they seriously steamroll a really good team, you can watch it all start and end with Shotzzy. He's THAT good. It's seriously wild.

• Upvote (+1) 4