CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oxygen Supremacy 10-3 over EG and the last few games OS was pretty much handling them like a bunch of matchmaking randoms.

Was technically 11-3 since they played Coli Flag twice for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oxygen Supremacy 10-3 over EG and the last few games OS was pretty much handling them like a bunch of matchmaking randoms.

First scrim in a week, no need to get overly excited

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To all those saying EG doesn't belong in Pro League (after their first scrim in a week), Snakebite has the answer

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He won $125,000 at Worlds '16 friendo

1. He didn't win the tourney to be fair. 

2. It was deeply flawed tourney, being single elim. ALG were top 3/4 and even that's arguable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3. Liquid - Kept running into their kryptonite Denial early in bracket; but showed their strength by going 9-0 in pools at both Regionals and Worlds. Including 3-0 victories over Renegades and Allegiance. In a different bracket world, we could've seen this team in the finals of both events.

I still have nightmares about that Plaza TS.

Eg 7th is nonsense. They were clearly a top4 team at the very least that got screwed by having to play CLG so early. (Yes they choked vs.rng at worlds, but the drawing of champ bracket matchups was still picked at random)

Lethul said not long ago on stream alg was clearly the weakest team and probably fifth or sixth best

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone seems to forget EG beat Denial at Regionals. They were clearly a top-tier team still. Certainly better than ELEVATE lol

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's your baseline? I'd say 185k is exceptional for rocket league- a game with a playerbase on pc,PS4, and Xbox.

That's doesn't make 40k unimpressive for Gears.

It really depends how cynical you perceive things. I agree it's good for Gears but its a $300k major with a strong incentive system and great production value - essentially they're punching at full weight to reach ~40k viewers. Framed within the popularity of the game and as an esport it's good but within the wider context of popular exports it's the foot of the mountain. CoD for instance, which is the next rung up, would view the figure as a boarderline failure.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It really depends how cynical you perceive things. I agree it's good for Gears but its a $300k major with a strong incentive system and great production value - essentially they're punching at full weight to reach ~40k viewers. Framed within the popularity of the game and as an esport it's good but within the wider context of popular exports it's the foot of the mountain. CoD for instance, which is the next rung up, would view the figure as a boarderline failure.

I think 40k for Gears is something few would have expected given the franchises overall popularity. Implying that 40k is bad, because Rocket League , on of the biggest multi platform success stories of this gen, had more viewers is silly.

So I'm just wondering, if we are going to throw all context out the window, what is the baseline for acceptable viewership?

I think 40k for Gears is something few would have expected given the franchises overall popularity. Implying that 40k is bad, because Rocket League , on of the biggest multi platform success stories of this gen, had more viewers is silly.

So I'm just wondering, if we are going to throw all context out the window, what is the baseline for acceptable viewership?

Context is important but in this time of 'developer funded' esports programmes they're essentially all throwing their hat in the same ring hoping to blow-up into a t1 like status. Unless the funding model is sustainable on the current population (doubtful) then the current viewership can only go far to attract sponsors to bridge the gap. The goal with lower tiered esports can't just be to exist as an expensive means of fan service.

Context is important but in this time of 'developer funded' esports programmes they're essentially all throwing their hat in the same ring hoping to blow-up into a t1 like status. Unless the funding model is sustainable on the current population (doubtful) then the current viewership can only go far to attract sponsors to bridge the gap. The goal with lower tiered esports can't just be to exist as an expensive means of fan service.

Everyone would like to be t1- but that isn't going to happen overnight- especially not on a console exclusive.

Looking at Gears: it's just a top 30 game, with the only notable base on Xbox one- yet it still has admirable participation for esports orgs, and viewership that seems disproportionately high compared to the popularity of the game itself.

It seems that the coalition and MLG have carved a niche audience out of Gears' population that invests a large amount of time and $ into the game- making continued investment worthwhile. This reality bodes well if they can figure out how to make the franchise more popular overall. Its notable that they don't seem to be scaling back for season 2.

It is, why we agreed to not play, couldn't imagine really doing anything that required talking to people consistently.

Who you guys gonna play with?

Genuinely thought I time travelled seeing Worlds 2016 predictions in this thread, thanks for the mindfuck beyond 

• Upvote (+1) 9

So TL was playing without Rayne last night.

I'm guessing its someone from Ronin, Str8 or Luminosity as they didnt scrim last night.

So
  • Upvote (+1) 3

497544.jpeg

LMAO 343 is such a failure. I love laughing at them every day.

If not for a couple pro teams and TB, I'd never even think about Halo again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not sure if this is an insult or not. lol

Definitely a compliment. You're effectively reading my Twitter for me. I consider that the highest level of luxury.

TrlBSgu.gifl

Just tried a few games with 7% outer deadzone. Maybe that's the way to go. Feels nice.  :)

I played a few games on Sunday using 7% outer deadzone, and I think it definitely helps the aim feel more "floaty," aka how it should feel. I think it forces the reticle to move more quickly since it has less space to get to full-turn. I went with 3s, 3a, inner 0%, outer 7%, and I must say, it felt really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

497544.jpeg

Lol not even MCC is this bad. Dude eats a direct rocket to the face without even a hitmarker. The only other game I've seen with this shitty hit reg was BF4 at launch.

Everyone seems to forget EG beat Denial at Regionals. 

I honestly go back and forth with them and EG for #6 here. Both teams beat Denial in pools.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Isn't snipedown having issues with packet loss at the moment? If he still is and the collision information never made it to the server, nothing 343 can do about that.

and yeah I know thats not logical AT ALL im just a shill, blah blah blah.

The fact that the rocket, a projectile tracked by the server, actually collided with the wall and exploded, if say this had nothing to do with packet loss.

I think it was a geometry glitch

The fact that the rocket, a projectile tracked by the server, actually collided with the wall and exploded, if say this had nothing to do with packet loss.

It could.  Snipedown starts experiencing packet loss, his twitter becomes constant complaints about connection and weird shit happening.  Coincidence? no.

Look, im not saying 343's servers dont need some work, obviously they do, but its entirely possible that this has nothing to do with 343 at all, so lets not crucify them when there are other perfectly logical and not unlikely situations.  

We have enough totally legit complaints to hit them with.