CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shoutout to anyone who watched tonight! Had a really good time casting with Simms, any feedback as ever on casting is always appreciated no matter how harsh and nit-picky

Did miss Gaskin I'll admit, looking forward to his return next week

What is the secret of your power?

Do you think you could take me far away from the mucky muck man?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shoutout to anyone who watched tonight! Had a really good time casting with Simms, any feedback as ever on casting is always appreciated no matter how harsh and nit-picky

Did miss Gaskin I'll admit, looking forward to his return next week

Really enjoyed the stream.  Shout out to the production guys as well, was really smooth and the downtime was almost non existent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's right though. Aiming a BR or DMR is noticeably more sluggish than the pistol. People have been saying this for a while now.

I interpreted it as him saying literally picking up weapons (which has never occurred to me personallyfelt heavy, not that different weapons had varying degrees of heavy aim.

oops.

How did the community "set" subpar standards? We just play the maps and settings dictated by 343, while constantly highlighting issues that, for the most part, seem to fall on deaf ears.

This is pretty much the essence of whats always wrong. Breakout was removed because SnakeBite more or less embarrassed them publicly by saying nobody actually liked it right after they said the opposite. It took a year and a half for people to look into and fix heavy aim. It took nearly as long to remove the AR. Why? Well apparently data supported it being not really a skill based weapon. Who would've thought that without a year and a half of data /s. Maps are the same shit. They've tried a hundred ways to get us to play Overgrowth. Empire has been trash etc. If they actually listened, investigated, and did anything we would've been playing what we do right now for HCS settings 2 months into release or less.

Hey who's ready to complain about and fight for a doubles playlist in H6 though?

• Upvote (+1) 4

2. The comment I made was basically a joke, but what I stated is a fact. You can have the opinion that we halo is stale and we need more game modes etc. I just find it funny reading that when I think of the top esports and what they have. ! game mode. and for league 1 map. Now obviously you can just say they are different and shouldn't be compared, but lets not come on here and act like what I said was wrong and I was like mocking you over it. The game play is the problem overall. New maps and game modes would simply hide a problem we have. A Fhaol Bhig summed up what I was pointing out pretty well if you would like to read that. 

I know your post is not meant to be some super serious statement or anything, but it made me think a little about this:

As a counterpoint,

League of Legends may all take place on the same map with the same game mode and same objectives every game, but game to game the characters/abilities may change.  This affects the way each game plays out and affects the meta across a series.

Imagine if Halo 5 tournaments featured you playing nothing but Coliseum CTF, but before each map, each player could draft one weapon for the map's placement -- top rockets, Sniper, both DMRs, both Boltshots, the BR, and (where the silenced AR / Scatter were) are now able to be changed each time the game is played.  This would change how each game plays out overall, and make each play through a unique experience.  You wouldn't quite be playing the "same game" each time you played, simply because players would have to adapt their playstyle based off how the weapons were placed each game.

(No, I am not in any way suggesting for Halo to be played this way, I am just making a comparison of, if Halo gameplay on a map changed each time the map was played.  Actually attempting to set something like the above paragraph up would be a stupid idea and a colossal waste of time on the scale of including Breakout into Halo 5.)

In Halo's case, though, it's built around players all being on equal footing from the start, and all having the same opportunities from the get-go, so it needs different maps and modes to really allow it to thrive without becoming redundant.  Over time, the gameplay gets a little more stale because each game on a particular gametype is going to play to the same relative expectations as the last few times you played on it, with little surprise outside of playing people you've never played before.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Imagine if Halo 5 tournaments featured you playing nothing but Coliseum CTF, but before each map, each player could draft one weapon for the map's placement

Gears currently does this; but not to the extent of every player. It's 1 team deciding on 1 or 2 weapon placements each round. Each game is a best of 13 rounds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

YOOO

This is cool but it should of been available at launch . Im sure players who have left the game would have loved to try to grind up the leader boards.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I never liked the name "The LAN Network".

Reminds me of "PIN Number" "ATM Machine" etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

mYknnQ8.jpg

It sucks that everyone was heartbroken and I'm glad they felt they needed to make it right, but is he suggesting the mcc has been fixed? Also that has to be poor testing if none of those issues were found.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sucks that everyone was heartbroken and I'm glad they felt they needed to make it right, but is he suggesting the mcc has been fixed? Also that has to be poor testing if none of those issues were found.

I'm pretty sure that was literally the only quote about MCC in the whole thing. They clearly wanted to brush it aside very quickly.

Just a yearly reminder that Halo 1 is one of the most competitive video games of all time and was/is 100x better than any Halo after. I come to these forums and see the same stuff being said year after year, and people still wait around for things to be different.

Halo 4 launching with killstreaks, loadouts, no descope. Halo 5 having powerful automatics and radar for a better part of a year. Sprint. Reticle lag in an FPS that takes over a year to fix? Rifles with the most auto aim in console history. No new competitive maps in over a year. The problems go on and on and repeat every single new Halo game directed by 343.

Why does it take the smash community ONE game to realize nothing will top Melee, and if a new smash game were to top Melee, it wouldn't be with Nintendo behind the wheels. They didn't sit banging their heads against the wall when they knew deep down nothing would change.

Why are people sitting around waiting for Halo 5 to be a decent game years after launch when we already have the perfect version of competitive Halo that came out 15 years ago.

Look, I understand that certain aspects of Melee and Halo 1 are incomparable. I understand OG Halo 1 isn't playable online unless its through tunnelling systems or a broken MCC. I get there are huge obstacles in the way, but I really think a grassroots Halo 1 movement would take off, granted everyone was all in.

Do people think this is so impossible they are willing to wait year after year of the same crap...willing to settle for a shell of Halo 1 just because it's the current game? The smash community put up with this crap for 2-3 months. Here we are almost 7 years after the launch of Reach, and the forums same the same shit they did 7 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 7

looking at these leaderboards ... Tapping Buttons has the highest k/d of anyone in the HCS playlist (1.67), next highest is like 1.52 lol

Its not poor testing. Its bullshit. I absolutely refuse to believe they missed literally every game having massive issues causing crashes among other things offline or online. The matchmaking hoppers being busted? Maybe that would be shitty testing but everything else? Come on lol. I started a custom game on Damnation where the  game broke we spawned with plasma pistols and they also happened to give me 6 players I'd never seen in my life and they told me that they had been searching for a matchmaking game. You can't even make this shit up everything was broken lol. I was waiting to load into CoD 4 while I was searching doubles at that point.

Just a yearly reminder that Halo 1 is one of the most competitive video games of all time and was/is 100x better than any Halo after. I come to these forums and see the same stuff being said year after year, and people still wait around for things to be different.

Halo 4 launching with killstreaks, loadouts, no descope. Halo 5 having powerful automatics and radar for a better part of a year. Sprint. Reticle lag in an FPS that takes over a year to fix? Rifles with the most auto aim in console history. No new competitive maps in over a year. The problems go on and on and repeat every single new Halo game directed by 343.

Why does it take the smash community ONE game to realize nothing will top Melee, and if a new smash game were to top Melee, it wouldn't be with Nintendo behind the wheels. They didn't sit banging their heads against the wall when they knew deep down nothing would change.

Why are people sitting around waiting for Halo 5 to be a decent game years after launch when we already have the perfect version of competitive Halo that came out 15 years ago.

Look, I understand that certain aspects of Melee and Halo 1 are incomparable. I understand OG Halo 1 isn't playable online unless its through tunnelling systems or a broken MCC. I get there are huge obstacles in the way, but I really think a grassroots Halo 1 movement would take off, granted everyone was all in.

Do people think this is so impossible they are willing to wait year after year of the same crap...willing to settle for a shell of Halo 1 just because it's the current game? The smash community put up with this crap for 2-3 months. Here we are almost 7 years after the launch of Reach, and the forums same the same shit they did 7 years ago.

I'd be more interested in Halo CE if it didn't feel like such a dated game. The movement, jump delay, its general look just doesn't do it for me.

It's fun to play with friends but I can't play it for too long.

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

I think you make some good points but there is a rather large flaw too. The majority of the competitive community probably really never played CE. They're mostly split between wanting H2 or H3. You need to find a lot of people willing to spend a lot of time, effort, and money to start the grassroots scene for any game and its pretty questionable if you start thinking about how many people would really be down to only play CE at LANs with basically no real way to play or practice outside of traveling.