CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you are right, 2 is more than, got me there 

if i had to bet 1K of my own money on Oxygen Supremacy vs any EU team i'd pick oxy 100/100 times

Oxy is basically a Pro team though

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree but they were a top NA team at the time.

OS would take FabE but not so sure about Devons team. Shame they didnt stick so we could potentially find out at atlanta.

They weren't the best AM team though. 3sup was and they placed higher than fabE that event too

There were a lot of horror stories about the spectator mode as well. Kind of reminds me of H5 launch. Thankfully there is a shit ton more people playing it and the game is very well made. This means the demand for a well oiled tournament scene will be immense.

They weren't the best AM team though. 3sup was and they placed higher than fabE that event too

I didnt say they were the best but they were the other team that contested for relegation, so by that litmus were the second best AM team (debatable i know).  Also 3sup and FabE didnt play so always difficult to judge.  Would have been a great series to watch.

There were a lot of horror stories about the spectator mode as well. Kind of reminds me of H5 launch. Thankfully there is a shit ton more people playing it and the game is very well made. This means the demand for a well oiled tournament scene will be immense.

For spec mode it's just a priority thing, I can't think of a top esports game on PC where the spec mode started as anywhere near a polished product. The fact they're primarily updating for PC makes it easier to improve things further down-the-line which they've done for all aspects of the game. Spec mode in OW currently is more than serviceable and I'm sure it'll continue to improve before OWL begins. Currently an EU tournament going on for those interested.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre2 dropping truth bombs (opinion) about aim update.

I would of clipped it bit wasn't logged in.

But basically says he thinks update is placebo, feels like they changed aim assist but it feels worse and aimer still feels like mud.

1K is a lot of money, gotta make a safe bet  :kappa:

before, fabe imo was easily a top 10 team, but now idk if any of these eu pro teams could beat the top 6 open circuit teams

http://halo.esportswikis.com/wiki/HCS/North_America/Open_Circuit/Summer_2017

Invictus have a shot for sure but transfer window will be very interesting.  Snipedrone and Jimbo with respectful and mose would be sick but unlikely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Invictus have a shot for sure but transfer window will be very interesting.  Snipedrone and Jimbo with respectful and mose would be sick but unlikely.

sadly can't happen as only one change per team during mid season transfer. It will be interesting though if mose or respectful decide to leave the other

• Upvote (+1) 1

But basically says he thinks update is placebo, feels like they changed aim assist but it feels worse and aimer still feels like mud.

Its really not placebo. People can argue about it feeling slower or w/e now but I legitimately stopped playing came back before the update decided it still felt like trash quit another week came back yesterday and it was totally different with no expectations. Whatever people want to say about it now at least it feels consistent. I do still think server performance has some sort of effect on how everything in the game feels though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Underneath heavy aim, the aiming in Halo 5 is still weird in and of itself. I think that as a result, even if we do ever fix heavy aim, there will be a lot of people saying it hasn't been fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well he is used to all the previous Halo's with amazing aim (specifically CE/2). H5 aim is still (in comparison) shitty, but it is MUCH improved over what we have been dealing with since launch.

sadly can't happen as only one change per team during mid season transfer. It will be interesting though if mose or respectful decide to leave the other

As in a single player per team? 

tbh i dont think it would happen anyway but would be a sick team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randomly came on here so I figured I'd point out 2 things since it kind of applies to me. 

1.Every pro player will tell you they feel heavy aim to a different extent when picking up different weapons. Rifles to be exact. It is one of the reasons we struggled so much online for a while imo because Mat and Brad basically refused to pick up a rifle due to the issue. 

2. The comment I made was basically a joke, but what I stated is a fact. You can have the opinion that we halo is stale and we need more game modes etc. I just find it funny reading that when I think of the top esports and what they have. ! game mode. and for league 1 map. Now obviously you can just say they are different and shouldn't be compared, but lets not come on here and act like what I said was wrong and I was like mocking you over it. The game play is the problem overall. New maps and game modes would simply hide a problem we have. A Fhaol Bhig summed up what I was pointing out pretty well if you would like to read that. 

Ok that is all. Thanks for reading and have a great day 

A Fhaol Bhig

How does it feel to be the XFL of esports? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

More game modes is a bandaid fix for shallow gameplay. Not that I wouldn't like to see more modes, but a good majority of bigger competitive titles thrive with only one gametype and yet their meta sees far more evolution that Halo 5's, because they have more depth. Competitive CE is exclusively 2v2 Slayer and it isn't stale. There are only so many ways you can control the same handful of simplistic spawns and push the same 1 or 2 power items.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wasn't attacking you Snakebite, just seemed over defensive and I apologise if it wasn't meant like that.

I'm kinda feeling bummed out at Halo lately and that shows in my posts on here, guess just gotta put blinkers on and stop being so negative myself, just think the viewing experience is trash and the ammount of money in prizes we have had and where we're at now is tragic, actually jealous of Gears scene.

Hopefully they get it right eventually.

More game modes is a bandaid fix for shallow gameplay. Not that I wouldn't like to see more modes, but a good majority of bigger competitive titles thrive with only one gametype and yet their meta sees far more evolution that Halo 5's, because they have more depth. Competitive CE is exclusively 2v2 Slayer and it isn't stale. There are only so many ways you can control the same handful of simplistic spawns and push the same 1 or 2 power items.

Them games just work.

Thing is them games don't have sprint ruining pacing and map design, I dunno what it is with h5 but the whole scale of everything is wrong, players look to small for the surroundings, curbs/lips are bigger than a Spartans legs, I wonder how normal size humans manage to get around lol.

To be fair he does play on 3-2, which is really dang slow, and he is coming off of playing a bunch of Destiny. 

the super fiesta tourney is starting

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙) ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

To be fair he does play on 3-2, which is really dang slow, and he is coming off of playing a bunch of Destiny. 

So in other words he's coming off a game that doesn't have shit aim?   Sounds fair.  Yes.  Yes it does. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, that wasn't a very thought out comment from Snakebite.

In my opinion, part of the blame for lack of new gametypes/maps in the rotation goes to our community. For whatever reason, we acted like we have some great standard of competitive merit in Halo 5 despite the fact that we've allowed some terrible gametypes to remain in the rotation without much complaint. As soon as we allowed Eden TS and Empire to become normalized, our competitive integrity in regards to gametypes went out the window. The primary example I have in mind is when we acted like we were too good to play any gametype on Mercy. Like, seriously?

I know that Mercy had a horrible weapon layout but if the community was really interested in that map we could've gotten 343 to change the layout. Also, Overgrowth Strongholds with the most recent weapon layout is better than at LEAST one of the current gametypes in the rotation, but we told 343 to fuck off with that gametype too, most of the us just grumbling something about "sightlines" and never actually playing the gametype and judging it fairly.

Team Slayer on the most recently updated Torque and/or Stasis- also as good or better than at least one of our current gametypes.

In conclusion, I know we have been dealt some realllllly shitty cards in regards to DLC, but there are certainly options within them that are better than a couple of our current gametypes. Not to mention, we haven't tested them with new settings yet, which is actually pretty exciting. I just don't know why we got so high and mighty over the new gametypes we allowed into our rotation considering we never had a perfect set of gametypes to begin with - the only difference is that we allowed them to become normalized. The benefit of having a couple new maps in the rotation to freshen things up outweighs the negatives of including a couple more gametypes that are subpar considering we have already set a subpar standard for ourselves. Besides, barring ridiculous examples like Riptide, the team that plays best will win the map anyway.

How is this in anyway the communities fault. The 'community' has been saying eden TS and empire are bad since launch, they are still in rotation because 343 wants them in there. They are going to do what they want at the end of the day.

Torque still has lighting issues and Statis still has bad spawns. Overgrowth strongholds is improved- but the maps still has terrible sight lines and routes.

Mercy's issue isn't just the layout. It's also got bad lighting, and none of the 3 competitive game modes play well in it.

How did the community "set" subpar standards? We just play the maps and settings dictated by 343, while constantly highlighting issues that, for the most part, seem to fall on deaf ears.

• Upvote (+1) 3