CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, one thing I've noticed from the update is that I do indeed still suck ass at H5

Great

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played 3 games. Felt no difference in aimer. Remembered I was playing Halo 5 and then stopped.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 released a placebo update that does nothing, sits back and laughs while we all say how much better the aim feels. Next level trolling.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And you think 343's coding standards wouldn't trigger you? 

Oh man, I would never like to go into that repo, ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think the game is just bad. I only watch it now because I like talking on this forum and I've been following Halo for so long. 

Honestly, I don't know how much longer I can stand watching competitive Halo. The gameplay is getting super boring with the same THREE game types! 343i better be pumping out gametypes like Ball, KoTH, or "fix" assault soon™ because watching it for over a year is just not enjoyable anymore, and they expect people to watch/play Halo 5 for another year and 5~ months with these settings. 

Anywho, hopefully the new update is good and makes the game a lot more playable to those that still play. I'll pray for you guys. Can't wait for the next big event! GO NV!

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly, I don't know how much longer I can stand watching competitive Halo. The gameplay is getting super boring with the same THREE game types! 343i better be pumping out gametypes like Ball, KoTH, or "fix" assault soon™ because watching it for over a year is just not enjoyable anymore, and they expect people to watch/play Halo 5 for another year and 5~ months with these settings. 

Anywho, hopefully the new update is good and makes the game a lot more playable to those that still play. I'll pray for you guys. Can't wait for the next big event! GO NV!

High level Halo is still enjoyable to watch for me. The LAN events with top teams going down to game 7 is still really enjoyable, but it's no where near the level of MLG days for me.

I never liked Halo 5's sound/aesthetic/map design and even with pistol starts, the maps (to me) are ugly and generic. Each to our own, just not for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Played 3 games. Felt no difference in aimer. Remembered I was playing Halo 5 and then stopped.

Maybe they didn't fix heavy aim, but they definitely changed something with the aiming.

Played one game.

Started 3v4.

Even if the aim is fixed, it's too bad it's still Halo 5

Still better than trying to rank up solo in H3 MLG and having a deranker on my team for 1/4 of the games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The gameplay is getting super boring with the same THREE game types!

i feel this way too, plus imo the maps are pretty mediocre 

h5 is stale right now

• Upvote (+1) 5

i feel this way too, plus imo the maps are pretty mediocre 

h5 is stale right now

Completely agree, such a shame since these are the best settings we've had in H5.

Even (potentially) subpar maps and gametypes would make it feel fresher. Assault? Tyrant? Mercy? Forge maps??

• Upvote (+1) 1

Completely agree, such a shame since these are the best settings we've had in H5.

Even (potentially) subpar maps and gametypes would make it feel fresher. Assault? Tyrant? Mercy? Forge maps??

We had a chance for mercy strongholds (superior to empire) and refreshed torque flag and people here rebelled. Tyrant was DOA, although it would play so much better with HCS settings.

This gave me a good chuckle. A friend wanted to try BTB recently so we played and we were both getting quite irritated after about two games and at one point I yelled out "Come the fuck on" because some 2 kills 408 deaths guy sniped me somehow and my friend said "Maybe it's just Halo 5."

We quit and played Rocket League instead and didn't rage once.

I honestly think the game is just bad. I only watch it now because I like talking on this forum and I've been following Halo for so long. 

Yea, I've tried over and over and over again to TRY to have fun in Halo 5. I just can't seem to do it.

I enjoy watching it, but I think I'll just stick to MCC for actually playing from now on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dude, we have like TWELVE warthogs! There is nothing to complain about.

This annoys me more than the poison ivy I got over the weekend.

i'm not okay with adding even worse maps to the rotation 

why cant we just get some good maps, i mean h2 MLG only had 5 maps but they were all amazing (middy, lockout, beaver creek, sanc, warlock)

• Upvote (+1) 1

why cant we just get some good maps, i mean h2 MLG only had 5 maps but they were all amazing (middy, lockout, beaver creek, sanc, warlock)

This shouldnt be asking that much but i have a feeling we'll be working with the same rotation until the end of the year at least. I have a feelimg that most development has been shifted to whatever the next game will be...

They were all also extremely different in terms of aesthetic, which is another thing Halo 3 had going for it. Guardian, Construct, The Pit, Heretic. Nothing even remotely similar in terms of colours, architecture or even design (rectangular USNC goodness for The Pit, circular mixed trapezoidal tech feel of the forerunners in Guardian etc.)

Halo 5 has waaayyyy too many maps that borrow the aesthetic from others. It's so bad. Halo 1 as like six textures in the entire game and it's multiplayer maps were all distinct. 343 are shit at making their game iconic.

Edit: Yes, I know Foudry is a thing in Halo 3, but there was a dedicated "Anti brown map" faction of Halo 3, which I agree with. I disliked the brown maps of Halo 3 MLG for the exact reason that it was generic and dull.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They were all also extremely different in terms of aesthetic, which is another thing Halo 3 had going for it. Guardian, Construct, The Pit, Heretic. Nothing even remotely similar in terms of colours, architecture or even design (rectangular USNC goodness for The Pit, circular mixed trapezoidal tech feel of the forerunners in Guardian etc.)

Halo 5 has waaayyyy too many maps that borrow the aesthetic from others. It's so bad. Halo 1 as like six textures in the entire game and it's multiplayer maps were all distinct. 343 are shit at making their game iconic.

Edit: Yes, I know Foudry is a thing in Halo 3, but there was a dedicated "Anti brown map" faction of Halo 3, which I agree with. I disliked the brown maps of Halo 3 MLG for the exact reason that it was generic and dull.

Who even cares that the maps were brown in forge. They were literally squares with like two spawn locations in CTF. I'm not saying they weren't fun but they were not good maps regardless of what they looked like lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warlock sucks 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Initial impression, it definitely does feel smoother. I felt like the last update was a placebo effect from the very beginning and I definitely said that, this is definitely improved however.

I do have the PC version up at the same time right now though and it's still better on PC unfortunately. I can kind of tell because I can make almost-perfect circles on the PC version whereas on the Xbox version I make like an oval-ish shape and it seems to get jarred between horizontal and vertical movement. You can actually kinda see it.

Improvement is improvement though i guess..

• Upvote (+1) 3