CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just asked him about it, he meant players skipping around everywhere, not that your reticle/aimer would change based on your ISP.

I think hes not really the guy to be asking about this type of issue to begin with and unfortunately hes the only one willing to actually interact with us and respond to it.

But there is no pro league tomorrow..

wait so when tf do we play
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I think 343 should consider postponing the aiming changes until after Pro-League. It doesn't make sense to introduce some changes in the middle of a competitive season.

Edit: Downvote me all you want but when the pros start complaining about having to adjust to a radically different aiming system in the middle of a season you'll all have only yourselves to blame.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I think hes not really the guy to be asking about this type of issue to begin with and unfortunately hes the only one willing to actually interact with us and respond to it.

Yup - sucks that he's basically turned into the mouth piece of heavy aim instead of it being discussed in the actual community updates every week.

wait so when tf do we play

There's an odd number of matchdays so this week there's only 1.

I think 343 should consider postponing the aiming changes until after Pro-League. It doesn't make sense to introduce some changes in the middle of a competitive season.

Edit: Downvote me all you want but when the pros start complaining about having to adjust to a radically different aiming system in the middle of a season you'll all have only yourselves to blame.

This is only concerning heavy aim though, not the ridiculous acceleration curves that have been existent since launch.

You think stuff like this deserves to be postponed?

https://twitter.com/edwsnip3down/status/861431696297791488

https://twitter.com/edwsnip3down/status/861432556847333376

To be fair, they have been talking about a new solution that is a bit more advanced, this is just their short-term solution.

One can easily see how party matchmaking wouldn't work for a low population playlist or game in general.

To be more fair, people have been asking for this since literally the first week the game came out when populations wouldn't have been nearly as big an issue as it is now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be more fair, people have been asking for this since literally the first week the game came out when populations wouldn't have been nearly as big an issue as it is now.

Nope. We've been asking for this since 2010. For one reason or another ranked play has been absolutely fucked in Halo since H3 ended. From Reach using some wonky system and then just not putting competitive settings into a ranked playlist to not having ranked playlists at all until some time into H4 where they still didn't make sense to MCC just rando matching everyone with everyone (3v4 industries) to H5 not matching based on party size. Its just gotten very little support or sanity checks until this guy recently started to work on his own system for them after they hired him back. People used to complain about 50 being easy or whatever back in H3 but that's nothing compared to what came after.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People were asking for it before the game even came out.

I really hope 343 doesn't use dedicated servers in the next Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

If anyone who isn't Cratos complains about a heavy aim fix being implemented mid-season I'll be very surprised.

This is only concerning heavy aim though, not the ridiculous acceleration curves that have been existent since launch.

You think stuff like this deserves to be postponed?

https://twitter.com/edwsnip3down/status/861431696297791488

https://twitter.com/edwsnip3down/status/861432556847333376

Honestly, without knowing how "temporary" these heavy aim states actually are and how much of a spectrum of severity it is, we don't know if we even have an idea of what the true curves feel like.  Its entirely possible that the curves are fine and varying degrees of this problem have been clouding our ability to really feel them out.

i like seeing orgs tweet out like this especially when it comes to halo

LG has always been tier 1 in that respect. One of the most active orgs on social media.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I don't believe H5's launch should be defended, in any way. We paid full price for unfinished Halo game and then they proceeded to give us "Free DLC," when really they were giving us features that should have been there in the first place to make it a complete game. There literally wasn't BTB at launch... No firefight. No oddball. No KotH. You can bet your ass there was a whole bunch of Breakout that hardly anyone wanted to play though. SMH.

I love when my game's core content comes trickling in or remain MIA until a future title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting wording with the "one form" part. Wonder if that means we're still going to experience heavy aim from some other source after it drops

Edit: Never mind further down on the update page he clarifies that hes simply being careful rather than alluding to other issues he knows about although he does say the ISP can affect our aiming somehow...

I told you all!

I told you all!

That's not what he meant. He meant that having bad internet can result in players skipping around, forcing your aiming to be different and inconsistent because of said skipping.