CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:stressed:

Goodbye-Michael-gif-the-office-21673047-

I was actually looking forward to watching the Optic nV match. I remember last summer when I was more active on the forums I would complain about Stongside a caster  with @@Infinity & I would get neg rep for it. One, I never have liked anybody from 343 casting halo, Ie. Bravo, SS, Ghost, they all should stick to interviews and analyst desks. Two, So many people gave so much shit to @@GoldenboyFTW  about his casting but he has improved (his humor is still way to cringe) whereas SS has not in anyway. I watched Daytona and man it was brutal. Without T2 and Elam there, it was hard filling the gap.

I heard Elamite is sick but my point still stands and at  DreamHack -->   :walshy: , :simms: , T2 and Elamite should always been the main 4 casters at all Halo events going forward.

EDIT: The meme below sums it up perfectly and @@FrankTheShow clip too.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

I struggle to watch pro Halo more than anybody but I'll never understand the Strongside hate. 

I guess for me, I am just not a fan of his play by play casting. Otherwise he's a good dude and fine doing slower casting. The game will become really fast at times which makes SS 3-5 seconds behind the gameplay we are already watching. Then it will slow down but sometime SS won't adjust to the low actions. You can tell he tries to formulate the words on the fly and seems afraid of any dead air. 

6pMyx2R.jpg

Edit: lmao at back to back Michael Scott references.

Edit 2: If you are unable to watch the video but can hear the audio, SS is the best caster we got  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

What is to understand? Personal preference - I personally dont think he is very good but I am not going to cry every time he casts.

Why people don't like him? That was a weirdly passive aggressive response.

So top 2 guaranteed top 12 while 3/4 could get first rounded and finish top 112.

If the 3/4 teams in all of EU can't avoid getting first rounded- wouldn't it be a good thing that they didn't get better bracket positioning?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why people don't like him? That was a weirdly passive aggressive response.

Fumbling play-by-play, with a 5 second delay, frequent factual errors, and extremely questionable volume control is a positive addition in what way? I can only assume that people who don't understand the problem have never watched ANY reasonably respectable competition with decent commentary, but even then, there are much better casters within Halo's very, very limited talent pool already, so I remain confused. We don't need Strongside on the mic to tell us what we already saw happen several seconds ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Picture yourself sitting down at a table with a man and having a conversation who has no awareness of the volume at which they're speaking.  At some points in the conversation, he seems to be whispering to you as if hiding a secret.  While at other times, he's literally screaming at you for seemingly no reason at all.

The man you're sitting across from is named Strongside.

Me tryna keep up with SS at the desk:

zmfzwrt.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

No more Bud Light Halo All Stars. 

This time around they are going: CoD, CS:GO, Hearthstone, and Street Fighter. 

Lolllllllllll Guess who's usually #2 in all those stats while doing a ton of obj and holding forward. Guess who is the in game leader and has the best comms in the game. But hey I guess KD is the end all be all oh well.

Sometimes I wonder if their team would've won the last tournament if PJ was well enough to communicate properly.

No more Bud Light Halo All Stars. 

This time around they are going: CoD, CS:GO, Hearthstone, and Street Fighter. 

Pretty good choices tbh - massive games.

Royal 2 > Snakebite

Royal 2 is the most consistent, positive player. He always has the most damage per death and great positioning.

Royal 2 is like Jordan, Snakebite is like Magic. Just depends which type of player you think is better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am hyped for the OG vs NV match. Hope that Royal 2 Rings doesn't lag.

Also, I like that the breaks are minimal between matches. Keeps shit flowing. 

I am hyped for the OG vs NV match. Hope that Royal 2 Rings doesn't lag.

Also, I like that the breaks are minimal between matches. Keeps shit flowing. 

i2yYun3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

The number of times Strongside has described a base rotation on strongholds as one team pushing for a trip cap is insane. Especially on Empire strongholds where trading bases happens all the time as the dominant team collapses.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naded said he was going to try to commentate the Pro League matches on his stream tonight if anyone wants to not be yelled at.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why did they have to bring on stutterside I was so looking forward to seeing T2/Elamite casting the Optic envy series if they were going to bring a guest host it should've been Walshy. :kappa:

Royal 2 may have better k/d but Snakebite is just a straight up better overall player and at every tournament Snakebite always makes the most insane clutch plays which is a big reason Optic is so dominant.

Lolllllllllll Guess who's usually #2 in all those stats while doing a ton of obj and holding forward. Guess who is the in game leader and has the best comms in the game. 

:lxthul: ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lolllllllllll Guess who's usually #2 in all those stats while doing a ton of obj and holding forward. Guess who is the in game leader and has the best comms in the game. But hey I guess KD is the end all be all oh well.

:lxthul: ?

It's Cratos, Moses, duh.

• Upvote (+1) 1