CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This Halo 4 talk must be like how Moses felt when he led Israel out of slavery in Egypt.

The people complained about no food - so they got some plain flatbread delivered from the sky.

The people complained about no water - so Moses hit a rock and made water shoot out.

Now the plain flatbread was getting kinda plain tasting...

End of story: Israel wanted to go back into slavery because at least the Egyptian's food had taste. :mj:  

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think acceleration curves blow in general.

As a faithful elite owner, I tried out all the acceleration curves before realizing there's no way in hell I want my acceleration to change as I'm moving my thumb stick. I might go back and tinker some day, but I don't know why someone wouldn't want the curve to be as consistent as possible.

Yeah in every other FPS (on PC) everybody turns off mouse acceleration. Reason it works on console is because of aim assist.

Can you share what the heavy aim issue actually is related to?

For a year plus the issue went unconfirmed, probably harming the mental health of anybody who played significant hours of Halo. Now it's confirmed and the only communication we have is that you guys know what it is, but may or may not be able to fix it, and that fix may or may not be coming soon.

Last night was the worst heavy aim I've had in a while (seriously I was losing my mind):

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/867234162763288576

I appreciate you coming on here and debunking the idea that it's related to stick tuning, but why can't you (or someone from 343, I acknowledge that it's probably not your responsibility) just share what it is and how you're trying to work through solving the problem?

It's already incredibly embarrassing to 343 that the game has been broken for over a year, so there shouldn't be any shame in sharing why it's broken, right? The community might be able to help, and at the very least we'd appreciate being kept in the loop!

Amen!

Wtf is going on. Have people forgotten boltshots

Don't think anyone is really debating if Halo 4 is a good game. I think everyone acknowledges that it was a steaming pile of shit. The main point I see is that despite all the other trash (read: the entire game) that was in Halo 4, at least it had a normal aiming system, something that Halo 5 lacks. Being that it is arguably the most important aspect of a FPS console game, well you can see how people are still completely outraged at this and while comparing this, and this alone, Halo 4 is unquestionably better than Halo 5. I'm of the mind that Halo 5 had a lot of potential and it was completely squandered rendering this game complete shit. But that's a personal opinion and not a fact. I think Halo 5 sucks ass on a very basic level and I had the same amount of fund playing Halo 5 as I did Halo 4: zero. Of course, maybe I was reading the discussion incorrectly, but that's what I got out of it.

TLDR: Halo 4 is acknowledged as a shitstorm, but you could aim. Halo 5's aiming system is pathetic and broken, therefore, in this respect, Halo 4 > Halo 5. All else is up for debate, though personally, Halo 4 is the absolute bottom of the barrel for video games. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This Halo 4 talk must be like how Moses felt when he led Israel out of slavery in Egypt.

The people complained about no food - so they got some plain flatbread delivered from the sky.

The people complained about no water - so Moses hit a rock and made water shoot out.

End of story: Israel wanted to go back into slavery because at least the Egyptian's food had taste. :mj:  

85dfdc5a-472a-43cb-9447-aeda770f08fe._co

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. If Microsoft doesn't want to make quality controllers, I'll keep it up. I actually recently added a jump paddle so I don't wear out the LB as much. 

Which setting is instant again? I'm at work and obviously can't go home and check lol. Is that the one where the curve jumps at the beginning and tails off?

Yeah. 2 different zones where it changes apparently. Drastic increase within the first zone and then slightly increased from there. You can increase or decrease it so the zones are smaller/bigger though. 

The worst setting I tried was smooth. As you turn your aim will literally just stop in place.

Looking through them all, I might try out aggressive sometime. Looks like Instant but apparently it slows down to less than full accel on the outer edge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

someone mentioned this earlier, but are we having Fantasy again this season???

PLEEEEAAAAASSSSE!!!

Wtf is going on. Have people forgotten boltshots

Boltshots weren't automatics

Boltshots weren't automatics

No, but they still took less skill than an auto.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tied for most kills, still only going even. #JustNinjaThings

What I find particularly interesting is that even though Ninja and Sparty had same amount of kills it took Ninja over 600+ more shots to do it.

Woah, Ninja had 21 more assists than Sparty too. What is pre-firing? for $500, Alex. Holy buckets check out Sparty's accuracy!!1!

In what world are these posts relevant in a scim with objective gametypes?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If that's true then why does everyone say h1,2, and 3 are far superior?

?

Just saying that every time a new game releases (not even just Halo) people will always say the previous one was better and how the current game is terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really wish 343 never even mentioned there was an aiming fix coming soon. It's weird that they consistently create these situations where they make promises with no actual timeline to release them. Just release and fix the damn thing behind closed doors and soak in the hype of when you drop it.

Also its kind of ridiculous that they have no timeline for release of that fix, but it was actually being considered to use at Daytona.

I really wish 343 never even mentioned there was an aiming fix coming soon. It's weird that they consistently create these situations where they make promises with no actual timeline to release them. Just release and fix the damn thing behind closed doors and soak in the hype of when you drop it.

Also its kind of ridiculous that they have no timeline for release of that fix, but it was actually being considered to use at Daytona.

Disagree entirely - happy as hell that they've said it's coming at some point. More recently it's been getting on my tits that any time I have bad aim during a fight whether its in Arena against people or against AI in Warzone, I can't tell if it's my aim or the heavy aim & sensitivity curves. 

It's good to know it's coming, it just sucks that there's literally no time frame at all. 

We kind of all assumed that since they were willing to use it at a HCS sanctioned event (provided the players agreed and there wasn't any major bugs) that meant it was close to being released but I guess not.

• Upvote (+1) 4

?

Just saying that every time a new game releases (not even just Halo) people will always say the previous one was better and how the current game is terrible.

Will have to agree to disagree on that.

It's been 10 days since Daytona, I wouldn't say it's been a terribly long time. Yeah it sucks, but at least they've communicated with us that it's on the way. I'd take that over being left completely in the dark.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will have to agree to disagree on that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

egl7Z.jpg

This but Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's a heavy aim fix wandering for 40 years in the desert joke here, somewhere, but my hermanutics are too lacking to give it full justice.
  • Upvote (+1) 7