CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy shit, the new EG is playing so well tonight, and this is only their third scrim with TB. Hopefully this lasts, and TB doesn't get poached.

4th scrim. They played lg, NV, and str8 before tonight.

Although I don't remember the last time eg has scrimmed 4 nights in a row like they have

Although I don't remember the last time eg has scrimmed 4 nights in a row like they have

EG have scrimmed 5-6 nights a week for a while now.

Jesus Beyond getting overrun by H4 kids. Time for powerusers to step in and return the order to standard 343 hatetrain.

I have been playing Halo since Marathon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sometimes when I read the forums I'm like : "Yay! Finally I'm around people who love competitive Halo as much and want to talk about it!"

Other times I'm like "  :walshy:  "

If only we weren't more or less confined to a single thread through years of conditioning.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have been playing Halo since Marathon.

I am sure Marathon was better Halo than Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There it is. EG has, without fail, started a season relatively strong, with consistent practice and generally positive vibes. And without fail, for every season since worlds 2016, in 3 weeks time they will be back to practicing 3 times a week including their pro league match until the stakes actually get high, and they have to fight for their pro league spot. I'm not saying this has to be the case, but they have consistently fallen into this trap.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't see how useful it can really be LBX saying "stay alive" anytime there's a moment of silence in the coms

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone who doubts EG is forgetting something...#LifeIsTow is such a powerful curse that EG could potentially win the next 96 events. Without dropping a map  :lxthul: 

95-1

Carrot on a stick game play is what keeps it alive an well. Witch is what Halo 6 needs to do if they want Halo to stay relevant in this era of gaming. The req system tried this but was terrible and I hope to god it never returns. Halo would be amazing with strikes and loot drops. Earn your keep in a mission rather then grinding MM for points to play the lottery and get 5 mongooses.

I think it was being treated like a smack-head-carrot-chasing-donkey, playing the same strikes over and over and over that finally made me stop playing destiny at the start of year two.

I put over 2k hrs into that and have just recently gone back to try and tie up loose ends and find people to raid with (solo queuing in that game is worse than h5) just so I can see if it's worth me getting d2 as I don't feel the game is worth it if I don't have a regular raid team.

I genuinely get more satisfaction solo queuing just one playlist (previously arena and now hcs) in h5 than all of destiny's dragon chasing shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly when somebody starts talking about the pros of Halo 4 I just zone out, quick way to invalidate your opinion. Game was absolute aids and finished off what Reach started, destroying Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Halo 5 had H4 or H2A aiming, it would be one of the best Halos we've had since H3. 

I do wish we had some more gametypes like Oddball or KoTH though.

I completely disagree. Better aiming doesn't make up for shitty settings being played for a year and shit like stasis ctf.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Halo 5 had H4 or H2A aiming, it would be one of the best Halos we've had since H3. 

I do wish we had some more gametypes like Oddball or KoTH though.

- Better aiming

- Interesting art 

- Better maps 

- More modes 

- MLG

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it was being treated like a smack-head-carrot-chasing-donkey, playing the same strikes over and over and over that finally made me stop playing destiny at the start of year two.

I put over 2k hrs into that and have just recently gone back to try and tie up loose ends and find people to raid with (solo queuing in that game is worse than h5) just so I can see if it's worth me getting d2 as I don't feel the game is worth it if I don't have a regular raid team.

I genuinely get more satisfaction solo queuing just one playlist (previously arena and now hcs) in h5 than all of destiny's dragon chasing shit

They announced something called Guided Games in D2 that will help SoloQers to find groups to raid with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly when somebody starts talking about the pros of Halo 4 I just zone out, quick way to invalidate your opinion. Game was absolute aids and finished off what Reach started, destroying Halo.

It cannot be said enough how much H4 sucked... hearing otherwise is like being in some dystopian novel where the people become brainwashed over time 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did have more fun with Halo 4 BTB than anything in Halo 5 because of the aiming. Sure it wasn't the best Halo game or very competitive, but it was fun to play as a shooter over the holidays. 

Halo 5 has the shit-tackular warzone and now a shitty BTB mode. 

Stasis isn't played anymore and the settings are markedly better, so whats your point? At no point has halo 5 been as bad as Halo 4. Distance makes people forget just what a dumpster fire H4 was. The aiming may have been better but flinch and lack of descope made gunfights still feel like ass.

Yall are certifiably insane

The problems with Halo 4 was that alot of core gameplay mechanics was bad. Easy to aim, no descope, forced flag pick up, sprint got fully introduced etc etc. BUT at least we had community made Competitive Settings made by GH057ayame and Diesel (NASA). No radar and stuff. (I really liked extraction).

In Halo 5 some of the core mechanics is a lot better, BUT we played with full radar and AR for 1,5 years!!!

(Pls release the aim update 343)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man halo 4 was bad.

I've had much more fun with halo 5, despite the horrible aim... that's a testament to how bad h4 was. I still get angry at the audacity they had to add kill streaks and remove descope. Unfathomable. Also, you could use the 1hk boltshot as a loadout and see through walls.

Halo 5 isn't really good. But even with nearly 2 years of it being a technical shitshow, it's an improvement on 4.

Edit: shit man I'm legit getting angry thinking about the first time I jumped into an H4 match. Everything was fucked except, the aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 9