CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so 343 have basically acknowledged that their games main function hasn't worked properly for 1.5 years and that if a fix ever does come it will be at the end of the games life cycle. 

how can this be ok? I honestly can't wrap my head around this. How is it not the #1 priority at the moment? 

How can they justify this?

• Upvote (+1) 9

You never said what? Someone brought up competitive FPS on Xbox and you said it didn't count cause it was mostly a third person shooter lol.

Didn't see a need for you to pick that guy to comment on as if his comment was repeated thousands of times or off topic.

Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly enjoy any of the comments you just listed but they don't bother me any more or less a bunch of your posts.

Yeah that was my mistake, the only time I tried to play Rainbow Six was around Vegas and the gameplay was shit and I remembered being third person. So I supposed that all the games were shitty like that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread  :apg:

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread :apg:

I use the tall stick with 1,3.5,5 - Seems to be the best for me so far. 3,3 was pretty good too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As i see it, the aim fix delay is one of 2 things:

1) Its pretty 'deep' in the code and touches a lot of dependencies so they have to test the everloving shit out of it or...

2) They delayed it to get in the fix for the multishot glitch.

or i supposed it could be a little from column A and a little from column B

• Upvote (+1) 3

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread :apg:

I have mine set to default. LS is set to instant, or whatever it's called. The one that's super sensitive.

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread  :apg:

The elite does take getting used to, aiming can feel very squirrely since the sticks movement feels smooth and loose. I went 2-5 for a long time to get used to it, now with heavy aim and all the other issues I end up changing it around quite a bit. Typically try to leave at some variation of 1-#-5 and change the vertical # for feel.

Gave up on messing with sensitivity curves, but it someone finds one that makes H5 aiming feel better make sure to let us all know.

Oh yea? 30 fps on consoles, no dedicated servers. Real competitive innovation. On another note, sounds like the one's defending Destiny 2 also are making assumptions about what exactly the game is changing, I was just basing my opinion on what I know about Destiny 1 having played it for 2 solid years and doing everything the "competitive" the game offered. Are there still supers on par or worse than armor lock from reach? Are there grenades that you throw while blindfolded and let the aim-assist attach it to the enemy for you?

What I do know is that the game itself looks just like Destiny 1, has the exact same death screen and animation, has the exact same animations and emotes as the original (probably just more), and the reveal catered entirely to the most casual aspects of the game. I think disappointment is a fair opinion to have considering all this. Maybe others value being carried through raids or exploring the Eververse Trading Company more than I, however.

Good to know you didn't actually read any changes, saw the death screen(wtf kind of reasoning is this?) and went "lol D1 expansion trash casual fest"

I think Menke is just trying to tell people to be patient and worded it poorly. Danger of idioms. This is what he said yesterday when asked about it

https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/866748381644718080

Yeah, I read it as, "it's definitely coming, but not immediately."

That plus the fact that the longest recorded time of a human holding their breath is 20 minutes, so he's just telling us it'll be longer than a 20 minute wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@NavG123 lol i played you the other night on one of my smurfs in HCS, was that the H2 Shook Wun you were playing with? I played with him a decent amount in H2, thought that kid died.

Yeah that was me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to laugh so hard when the aiming is still god awful even after their "fix". I 100% feel no pity for this company because they willingly changed the aiming from God tier to the worst in console FPS history because the people testing it had no thumbs. 2 squirrelly 4 me.

Yeah changing the aim from the beta when it was great to what we have now is laughable. Shows that 343 doesn't know what they are doing with Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I moved to 1,3.5,5 and I use the smooth curve for the right stick (I believe that is the name of it). I've always played on low sens and 1,5,5 was a little crazy for me, though I can see why people like it. I honestly haven't played much lately so I would probably end up changing things as soon as played a game or two. Halo 5's weird aiming never felt right with the elite controller (or any controller I guess), but it was great to use when I was playing MCC.

Also, in regards to that tweet by Menke and this Destiny conversation I will say this:

The game may be 30 fps with no dedicated servers.. But at least it will stay true to the franchise, will work, and I can aim in it.  :)

I'm gonna throw this out there as a hypothetical, but if you have a huge population, in MM you're more likely to have a better connection to a nearby player who has host than a dedicated server. And when you have good netcode, any host advantage becomes negligible for both customs and MM. And I'm still crossing my fingers for 60fps on Scorpio. Without either 4k or 60fps Destiny 2 will run at like 20% utilization max which is such a waste. Honestly Scorpio could probably do both. 

So, keep waiting until we forget. 

I'm gonna guess something like this happened:

-Find issue in dev code. 

-Build fix on dev code. 

-Test internally, it works.

-Test on LAN, it works.

-Someone at 343 finally says, hey, maybe we should test this online first, we've never tried that before.

-It did not work online.

-RNG aim stays in live play for another month.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol, 343

Can't even imagine how badly h6 is going to sell. The rate at which people are abandoning this sinking ship makes the titanic look like a bunch of people going out for a leisurely swim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Yea we had a beta where aiming was not mentioned negatively and was actually thoroughly tested in an ONLINE environment. That's no good. We need to now completely overhaul it with zero online testing because that's our company motto. Change as much shit as possible regardless of feedback. Good work today guys lunch time"

Btw, the guy that decided to change the aiming has been promoted to lead director of everything Halo. 

The 343 way. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Carrot on a stick game play is what keeps it alive an well. Witch is what Halo 6 needs to do if they want Halo to stay relevant in this era of gaming. The req system tried this but was terrible and I hope to god it never returns. Halo would be amazing with strikes and loot drops. Earn your keep in a mission rather then grinding MM for points to play the lottery and get 5 mongooses.

I kinda agree. Destiny's strikes and loot drops is pretty much everything Spartan Ops should have been. It would have been cool to have a carrot-n-stick co-op mode to compliment traditional PvP modes

Edit: LOL at 'don't hold your breath'. I appreciate menke, but I can't for the life of me understand why someone with no involvement on the fix is the only 343 rep talking about it. Can we get some timelines? Did the Daytona build introduce more bugs? Aiming is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT mechanic in an FPS, and 343 appears to suffer from a complete lack of urgency on the matter.

As  Lifetime New Englander, purposeful neg (Feel free to get me back lol)

#FreeCooper

Done :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1