CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Xbox 1 will run it at 30fps therefore Scorpio will run it at 30fps.

They won't let some players have the advantage of 60 vs 30fps.

​I've already said the MCC was obviously worse than Destiny. I'm just pointing out some parallels.

Although I personally got way more money's worth out of the MCC than Destiny. The campaigns had some issues but worked for the most part and I spent many hours playing them again.

You don't think they'll sell a Scorpio off the back off it does 60fps for destiny 2? I would be surprised if I went in to a retailer on Black Friday and didn't see a buy scorpio get destiny 50% or some variation of that.

Bungie is weird, they are also the only company to put the reticule 2/3rds down the screen "so you aren't looking at the ground" and now they have a massive FPS launching in 2017 at 30 fps. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Apparently the 30FPS might only be for the build people are using.  Who knows.  I guess we'll find out 100% if it's true come Beta time.

Now, for the big issue.  Halo's relevancy (or lackthereof).

If 343 was actually working on H3A, or was even giving a glimpse of Halo 6 at E3 they might have a shot of staying relevant during this fall into next year, but they're literally not doing either. We have two humongous titles coming out for this fall which is only going to over-shadow Halo 5 even more.

In my eyes, 343 is just going to head over to The Winchester for a pint from Fall 2017-Fall 2018 until this all blows over.

Halo 3 Anniversery would be popular for maybe 6 months, it would be in no way a system seller, just a passing fad.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Bungie is weird, they are also the only company to put the reticule 2/3rds down the screen "so you aren't looking at the ground" and now they have a massive FPS launching in 2017 at 30 fps. :/

That makes me wonder if the crosshair will be centered on the PC or not, it'd be odd if it wasn't.

Xbox 1 will run it at 30fps therefore Scorpio will run it at 30fps.

They won't let some players have the advantage of 60 vs 30fps.

​I've already said the MCC was obviously worse than Destiny. I'm just pointing out some parallels.

Although I personally got way more money's worth out of the MCC than Destiny. The campaigns had some issues but worked for the most part and I spent many hours playing them again.

Of course you did.

I bought MCC so I could play Halo2 w/ my buddies from high school... I spent 0 hrs doing that before the sold the xboxes they bought FOR MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently the 30FPS might only be for the build people are using.  Who knows.  I guess we'll find out 100% if it's true come Beta time.

I mean, if it was 60 FPS on consoles I'm pretty sure they would've proudly announced that as it would've been a huge megaton. No better time to drop that info than when 450k people are glued to their screens watching your reveal for info, imo.

Currently the only competitive leagues are on pc. Get a console league together and youd see that population rise

Console is dying. I know people love certain games on a console but, no developer is actively pushing towards make a game on console. Budget PC builds are still better than anything a console can run. It limits everything they can do and its harder to actually release the game. Microsoft and Sony's quality standards are on another level. PC you can release a broken game because the studio sets the standards.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 3 Anniversery would be popular for maybe 6 months, it would be in no way a system seller, just a passing fad.

That is just about all they need to buy time until h6. If h3a came out and just lasted a year and allowed 343 to focus on 6 and not fixing 5, id be ok with that

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is just about all they need to buy time until h6. If h3a came out and just lasted a year and allowed 343 to focus on 6 and not fixing 5, id be ok with that

What happens when they have to fix H3A day 1 though?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 3 was not just one of the most popular Xbox 360 titles between 2008-2011, but games overall. Imagine telling (just) the 1.3 Million people that used to be on Halo 3 daily that the game was coming back onto the Xbox One with updated everything and worked like a charm, you're damn right it would be a system seller.

But, I honestly wouldn't trust 343 to run another Anniversary type game ever again after the disaster that is MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

IF you want to read about Splyce and a little insight as to why they are in Halo then read this great interview with Splyce co-owner.

https://slingshotesports.com/2017/05/18/splyce-marty-strenczewilk-franchising/

"From the very top with League of Legends or Call of Duty, where it’s a flagship franchise, brings visibility or monetization, down to our really small franchises like Halo. But there’s a purpose for all of those. Halo for us was about getting into a game that has potential with an incredible — the LeBron James, so to speak, with 15-year-old Shotzzy."

Can Shotzzy save Halo? If Shotzzy is LeBron, and Ogre 2 is MJ, does that make Destiny 2 baseball? Or the Wizards?

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 sold a half broken game and Bungie sold half a game for full price then split the other half into multiple £20 chunks.

Dude, you're losing all credibility. Destiny was an amazing game. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it worked beautifully and I had thousands of hours of fun. On the other hand, MCC was complete dog shit and Halo 5 was a below average Halo game. 

You want that because?

Because 343 took Halo and completely shat on it. I own every single Halo title released and won't be buying Halo 6. Talentless studio that is surviving due to the money Microsoft is throwing at it.

If Bungie ever turns into a "343" I'd hate Destiny too. 

Is Bungie perfect? Hell no. But they make fun games that work. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Good play on the battle.net launcher from Activision. Like 11/10 in a business sense. People might get down on it because "Oh another launcher blah blah" and I guess that sucks for you but you might not understand just how many people use that launcher and will now be shown Destiny to buy and how many other games they'll think about buying by looking at them on that launcher. I can pretty confidently say no game on that launcher is low quality or bad. As for its performance etc its not bad. I've had to use it every single day since it was released and while its annoying when idiots ddos it and mess up the login servers the app itself is pretty much perfect.

tl;dr - Don't worry. This isn't uplay.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly my hope is that the "there is no H3A" shit is because 343 isn't doing it, but Certain Affinity is. H2A was pretty good and if they can use it as a base to make a Halo 3 edition I think it could be good. From what I understand, the failures of MCC come from 343's netcoding? The actual H2A engine felt good to me. I'd trust CA way more than 343 with anything even resembling a remaster or anniversary edition.

I hope 343 isn't pushing back against a H3 anniversary because they're mad that everybody wants that game and not Halo 6. What else do they need for a sign that players don't like their vision for Halo?

Dude, you're losing all credibility. Destiny was an amazing game. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it worked beautifully and I had thousands of hours of fun. On the other hand, MCC was complete dog shit and Halo 5 was a below average Halo game. 

Because 343 took Halo and completely shat on it. I own every single Halo title released and won't be buying Halo 6. Talentless studio that is surviving due to the money Microsoft is throwing at it.

If Bungie ever turns into a "343" I'd hate Destiny too. 

Is Bungie perfect? Hell no. But they make fun games that work. 

Lol, let's be honest, the fact that I actually like Halo 5 and don't hate 343 means I never had any credibility here to begin with.

Honestly my hope is that the "there is no H3A" shit is because 343 isn't doing it, but Certain Affinity is. H2A was pretty good and if they can use it as a base to make a Halo 3 edition I think it could be good. From what I understand, the failures of MCC come from 343's netcoding? The actual H2A engine felt good to me. I'd trust CA way more than 343 with anything even resembling a remaster or anniversary edition.

I hope 343 isn't pushing back against a H3 anniversary because they're mad that everybody wants that game and not Halo 6. What else do they need for a sign that players don't like their vision for Halo?

MCC was fucked because it had like 5 different developers trying to mash 5 games/4 game engines each with different net code together into one game. It was far too ambitious for the time they had to make it. Should have been delayed or massively cut down.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whos actually excited for the next halo game from 343?

I'm pretty sure every one already guessed this but I am.

Despite all it's issues and how 343 has mishandled it, Halo 5 is still some of the most fun I've had playing games.

So yeah, I'm excited for 6.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i am cause i'm bored of h5 maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

i am cause i'm bored of h5 maps

Have you tried Overgrowth? :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm sure Destiny 2 will be a great game and people really loved Destiny but that game was just not for me. I paid $60 at launch for a game that I feel was not worth it for me as I really value the physical PVP gameplay and need something that has a lot of depth and replay ability. Everything felt like a grind, and I refused to buy numerous DLC's as I felt ripped off by the initial purchase. The Division is in the same exact category. A fun game that felt like a chore to grind that had PvP that did not feel skill based in the slightest.

I haven't watched the reveal, but how much faith do you put into them making the PvP more skill based? I have little faith and have no problem admitting that I liked the PvP in Halo 5 more than I do in Destiny. I always welcome more competitive skill based shooters on the market but can't side with the people who hope to see this game succeed to the point that it kills our franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I want to be but they're just not competitive with everything else that's going on atm. If they'd announced H3A I'd be on the hype train but they're losing me for the most part. They keep releasing broken games and responding so slowly that I'm playing something else by the time they do anything. Honestly Destiny 2 will be the nail in the coffin if its not bad for PvP. I don't want it to happen but 343 is doing it to themselves.

MCC was fucked because it had like 5 different developers trying to mash 5 games/4 game engines each with different net code together into one game. It was far too ambitious for the time they had to make it. Should have been delayed or massively cut down.

I'm going to be completely honest here. I don't care that they brought on multiple developers for the project. I don't care that it was ambitious. They told us at E3 that we were gonna play Halo 2 just like we remembered. They gave us Halo 2 Vista. If it was too ambitious, they should have known better and not handled it the way they did. Are you telling me that if MCC launched and worked perfectly that 343 wouldn't have taken the credit? They deserve all of the blame for what happened regardless of how the internal stuff was handled.

Regardless, they failed with MCC but by far the worst part of that is that they COMPLETELY abandoned it. As soon as Halo 5 launched, MCC was swept entirely under the rug and is 100% neglected. INEXCUSABLE. They sold a $60 game to our nostalgia, completely fucked it up, and the best we got were in game nameplates, Relic (who wanted this?), and an ODST port. 

• Upvote (+1) 5