CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Sandman I guess we are lucky they didn't ban you from making any photos at all lmao. What a shit show. Thank you for what you do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is the type of content that Riot puts out that the HCS should be looking to match.

Can we handle hiring a stream audio guy first?

:laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a glitch where you lay down then sprint, and you keeps you low to the ground and you're moving forward but hard to hit you. It appears like you're slithering like a snake. People want it fixed as it's OP. I read some pros have a gentlemens agreement not to do it, but some still do it.

Ah thanks, I missed the CoD part so I thought there was some technique in Halo that I was completely unaware of. Good to know though.

Ah thanks, I missed the CoD part so I thought there was some technique in Halo that I was completely unaware of. Good to know though.

Sorry for any confusion, was just adding it in to the IW succeeding despite being a bad game discussion a few pages back!

Halo LANs have, for a long time, been searching for the proper visual aid for analysis. Without it, to most people the analyst's desk is mostly just discussing teams in terms of broad strategy and players (before a match), or reminiscing about specific plays from memory at the matches conclusion. This format is fine, but the issue is to the layman the current implementation isn't very useful. 

When discussing teams or players, the analysis/stream team NEED both team and player visuals with MEANINGFUL stats. at the beginning of H5 Damage/death was a fairly common statistic, now it rarely comes up on the analyst desk and is one example of a stat more critical than K/D.

When discussing certain plays, the team needs to be able to bring up a replay of that play. Flag run, multi kill, whatever. Allow the analysts to play and pause and replay the clip however they like in real time so they can make analysis meaningful for the viewers.

Totally agree with this, Replays, controllable by the casters/analysts is present in most sports and should be a fixture in any major esport as well.  

Something that would be great to have built into the game would be the ability to bring up a map in a working spectator/Theatre mode that shows movements/spawns of players in real time so plays can really be broken down post series.

Also HCS should just pay @@Bad Dub and fly him out to events and pay him to hook up his webpage and have a feed from it directly to casters analysts so stats can get to them in near real time.  Would be a fantastic resource for them to have access to.

yeah I said it already, other esports overtook Halo easily on the analyst and casting part, keep in mind you are still one of my favorites but you are right, while it is funny there are too many jokes and nonimportant talks. Going with map by map analysis or even replays would fill downtime way better.

Also every NA tourney had worse downtime content than wembley. How is that possible

In all fairness, @@Onset was in charge of the downtime  :glasses:   Also he came on here prior to the tourney and straight up asked us what we wanted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the gametype layouts for the ESL LCQ Open Qualifiers are.. interesting. First 4 rounds are all SH heavy and only the Semifinals and Finals (which don't matter as you qualify by making top 4) are 2 CTF/1 SH.

https://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halo5guardians-one/major/hcs-summer-2017-lastchance-qualifier/

https://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halo5guardians-one/major/hcs-summer-2017-lastchance-qualifier-2/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also HCS should just pay @@Bad Dub and fly him out to events and pay him to hook up his webpage and have a feed from it directly to casters analysts so stats can get to them in near real time. Would be a fantastic resource for them to have access to.

343 should already have this capability on their machines.

343 should already have this capability on their machines.

Definitely, it must be there if Halodatahive can retrieve it.  Instead the casters have to rely on the post game carnage report which is minimal to say the least.

With proper use of these kinds of stat extraction techniques, it would be so easy to set up some simple code to compute whatever stats the casters/analysts would need.

Definitely, it must be there if Halodatahive can retrieve it. Instead the casters have to rely on the post game carnage report which is minimal to say the least.

With proper use of these kinds of stat extraction techniques, it would be so easy to set up some simple code to compute whatever stats the casters/analysts would need.

They have the prowler which is more in depth but doesn't seem to have a visual

They have the prowler which is more in depth but doesn't seem to have a visual

Its weird cos 343 came into H5 with a clear intention of making it a successful esport but didnt enable the tools that could help get it there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see a write up by @@Onset, @@TheSimms, or @@Wonderboy on the event from a caster pov. I would love to know what they thought went well and what didnt and what theyd like to improve on.

Id honestly love to get that from a pro like @@LethuL or @@Heinz or @@Mikwen too

It would be cool i think to see that feedback gathered along with spectator experience to give well rounded event feedback, even if 343 ignores it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see a write up by @@Onset, @@TheSimms, or @@Wonderboy on the event from a caster pov. I would love to know what they thought went well and what didnt and what theyd like to improve on.

Id honestly love to get that from a pro like @@LethuL or @@Heinz or @@Mikwen too

It would be cool i think to see that feedback gathered along with spectator experience to give well rounded event feedback, even if 343 ignores it

lol, sorry was funny to read before quoting it as it was from mobile.

I agree though, a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes I dont get a mention notification and just stumble across the mention when Im reading posts.

I would love if 343 gave us access to the prowler, would be pretty awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the casters for pro league going to be the same? Cause I know Gaskin has been doing a bunch of Hearthstone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the casters for pro league going to be the same? Cause I know Gaskin has been doing a bunch of Hearthstone.

Should be yes, as far as I'm aware.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Confirm the following teams that are in the EU Pro League and how we find the last 2.

Can confirm 2 teams have already advanced to Sundays Closed bracket.Saturday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 3s, final position seeds Sunday's closed.

Sunday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 5s except winner and loser finals which are best of 7 due to the fact they are Pro League qualification matches, no grand finals required.

Somebody said that the first couple series was no CTFs. Only Strongholds. The map link didn't work on mobile so I couldn't check for myself. Is it supposed to be like that?

Confirm the following teams that are in the EU Pro League and how we find the last 2.

Can confirm 2 teams have already advanced to Sundays Closed bracket.

Saturday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 3s, final position seeds Sunday's closed.

Sunday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 5s except winner and loser finals which are best of 7 due to the fact they are Pro League qualification matches, no grand finals required.

Will either be streamed?

Can confirm 2 teams have already advanced to Sundays Closed bracket.

Saturday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 3s, final position seeds Sunday's closed.

Sunday starts at 3PM GMT, all double elim and all best of 5s except winner and loser finals which are best of 7 due to the fact they are Pro League qualification matches, no grand finals required.

TuFoxy is still playing? Thought he was leaving Halo.

@@Sandman I guess we are lucky they didn't ban you from making any photos at all lmao. What a shit show. Thank you for what you do.

That would have sucked big time lmao.  Always happy to do my part for the community <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you have a team, a controller with with back buttons, and a good connection, Gears 4 is EASY.

That sounds like it could go for any game. Lol