CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG just need to drop the players and hire Oxygen Supremacy

if EG is relegated out of pro league, then for sure they should drop the current team + Towey and do this.  (yes, I realize Towey would need to drop himself lol)

if EG is relegated out of pro league, then for sure they should drop the current team + Towey and do this. (yes, I realize Towey would need to drop himself lol)

Well a change in management is needed

With these recent EG placings it really goes to show how much Snipedown was carrying the twins.

I mean.. he was sick and optic obviously wasn't quite at their best and nV played well. Idk what there is to talk about beyond that point. There's no point it having some kind of fantasy argument about what could've happened if things were different. That's what next event is for.

Also the whole pro league thing made sense (kind of anyways its been sort of shit the entire time) until they waited multiple tournaments and months of practice in between pro league placement and the start of their season. The rankings at this point mean nothing as teams and the game have evolved significantly in the meantime 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Part of a much larger write-up I'm doing in the hopes of providing meaningful, actionable feedback to HCS event organizers and others involved with HCS events... Here are some of my thoughts on our commentating team. Love you guys! @@TheSimms @@Wonderboy @@Onset @@GoldenboyFTW @@StrongSide

The community is too toxic, we need constructive feedback   - TSquared

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thank you all for tuning in this weekend and continuing to provide feedback throughout. Finally caught up, and man, I'm extremely happy to see that people are enjoying this gameplay. We worked very hard to refine the settings with the necessary help of our dedicated Pro Players. Watching that last game unfold before my eyes truly gave me some flashbacks of classic Midship gameplay. Teamwork, flanks, and staying alive when it mattered most. NV showed that they had the slightest edge in this first bout, but we all know how much OpTic hates losing...

Atlanta can't come soon enough.

Lastly, I hope everyone enjoyed the event, aside from the obvious technical difficulties. We were actively listening all weekend long, so thank you for keeping us honest. Working with Goldenboy again was a good reminder to me that we really have some amazing fans and talent (wouldn't say he's a fan WITH talent though) who will always go the extra distance to get things done the right way. Props to him and the rest of the crew.

-Ghost

Thanks for carrying me In Halo CE :D

Great work this weekend as always.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If EG wants to contend again, they need to pull a Hecz on a team 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a rigged post man I came here for feedback...

Great post though. Some incredibly valid points for sure. Delivery of storylines to the viewer at home is paramount.

Jebaited

If EG wants to contend again, they need to pull a Hecz on a team

The current EG is quite similar to the old optic. Former stars who don't seem to have the motivation to perform

• Upvote (+1) 5

Intel for those waiting on the classic playlist

Any idea when it could potentially drop? It's been like a year in development now hasn't it

Any idea when it could potentially drop? It's been like a year in development now hasn't it

Nah, they only very recently (last month or two) began working with community forgers and evolved settings folks.

It better not be absolute garbage—flashbacks to the H5 with Halo One Pistol™ on CE forge maps atrocity—I'm actually thinking of reinstalling the game based on this and the potential aiming fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good news is they are telling forgers to scale to original size, so looks like we will be getting no sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It better not be absolute garbage—flashbacks to the H5 with Halo One Pistol™ on CE forge maps atrocity—I'm actually thinking of reinstalling the game based on this and the potential aiming fix.

A forge recreation of the H3 MLG playlist with no abilities + Pistol starting weapon would be orgasmic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

a couple things

elumnite is a damn fool for throwing up the choke sign after the win considering both teams were choking back and forth.

strongside saying nv is now the best team in halo 5 is exactly why he shouldn't be nowhere near a casting booth. there is a difference being only as good as your last LAN and who historically has been the best at h5. NV is the best right now though according to the former.

Mikwen is by far the MVP for this event, don't @ me. huke and snip3 caught fire in the finals but mikwen clutched it up all weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't go that far, I think the twins took it more seriously when he was there since they were actually placing somewhat decent. Now it doesn't matter since they are BFF's with their manager, and they can keep swapping out people until EG wises up and replaces the entire squadron or leaves Halo because of this.

Can't fault EG on keeping up this charade too, whoever at the HCS / ESL thought a 6 month gap for carrying teams / rosters over was smart has to re-evaluate what they think they know. Splyce and Oxygen should be in Pro League.

It's kinda funny how everyone's ripping on EG for having a PL spot

But nobody seems to have a problem with Ronin still being in or the fact that Cratos hasn't been banned from the league yet

BR starts  :wutface:

Sidenote: I just got followed by LameTeamBeyondPosts on Twitter.  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well at least we won't have to see Sanctuary again...

Sort of wondering what primary they'll use - hope it's just Pistol as regular BR and H2 BR are too easy to use @@GH057ayame

INB4 H3 BR REQ weapon that shoots turds :kappa:

More importantly, I hope it is a full H3 weapon REQ pack including the H3 sniper.

A forge recreation of the H3 MLG playlist with no abilities + Pistol starting weapon would be orgasmic. 

To my knowledge, the current iteration of Evolved settings have been sent to them. Hopefully, they don't butcher them with some goofy, nostalgia-driven nonsense like BR-starts (or H2 BR starts). I'm not sure what the point of scaling down the maps is either, given that maps scaled for H5 play just fine with sprint disabled and BMS increased. Fingers crossed.

My biggest takeaways from Friday & Saturday:

- Test your shit/hire better TOs. How we end up with the same problems the first day of almost every event is baffling to me.

- We NEED a 2nd stream. I thought this was made clear last time we only had one, but I guess not. It can be no commentators/constant listen in, but don't make me miss half the matches I want to watch day 1.

My biggest takeaway from Sunday:

- Holy balls, we have some good Halo being played. Was much easier to appreciate it when not struggling through the previous days' issues. I'd bet the stream numbers would have been better if Friday wasn't such a shitshow.

• Upvote (+1) 7